New GE locomotive plant
Waiting

United States

#63 Nov 12, 2012
I am still waiting to be called and now I hear that they are not planning on hiring as many people as they thought... orders or something along the line aren't coming in as they hoped? I don't know which building they mean, the train plant or wheel plant. Anyone else hear anything?
GEinhales

Killeen, TX

#64 Nov 16, 2012
They got wind of the union organizing and the fact that Erie makes 30 plus and hour while Ft Worth pays 17, and that made employees mad.
JOHNNY

Killeen, TX

#66 Dec 7, 2012
erie PA wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks you Texas dirt bags for stealing all our jobs. I hope you enjoy yourself when GE moves out on you!
YOUR WELCOME thanks for the job
Frustrated

Denton, TX

#67 Dec 13, 2012
You got a job? Nice! I've been waiting since July to hear anything on if I got a job or not... I even emailed them about 3 weeks ago asking what was going on, with no response. After my interview I was told it should be 2 weeks, and it's been about 6 months..
Mike

Justin, TX

#68 Dec 18, 2012
I interviewed in July as well. Been waiting for a long time. I was told offer letters for the assembler position would be out by the end of December. Got an email response a few weeks ago saying so. Still praying.
Nikki

Fort Worth, TX

#69 Dec 18, 2012
Mike wrote:
I interviewed in July as well. Been waiting for a long time. I was told offer letters for the assembler position would be out by the end of December. Got an email response a few weeks ago saying so. Still praying.
Did you go to day 2 interview?
Mike

Justin, TX

#70 Dec 18, 2012
Yes. I've been trading emails with them every few weeks. Haven't received a response from my last email though.
Mike

Justin, TX

#71 Dec 18, 2012
As soon as anyone hears anything, please post here. I'm sure people are waiting for any information possible.
KepLi

Killeen, TX

#72 Dec 21, 2012
Mike, if you live in Justin you are screwed. They got a kickback for hiring the unemployed. Youd be better off at fedex
Frustrated

Denton, TX

#73 Jan 3, 2013
Finally after 6 month's of waiting I received a rejection letter from them. Glad it only took them 6 month's to realize they didn't want me. It would have stung less if they told me right away like they did some people... back to searching again.
here we go again

United States

#74 Feb 16, 2013
so how is the texas plant treating all of you
paEagle

Killeen, TX

#75 Apr 15, 2013
It sucks! No union and the ge commies run us like crazy!
tx machinist

Grove City, PA

#76 Apr 15, 2013
That's a load of bull. It's a gravy job. It got busy at the end of the quarter but hell it does that everywhere.
Hutttu

Killeen, TX

#77 May 1, 2013
tx machinist wrote:
That's a load of bull. It's a gravy job. It got busy at the end of the quarter but hell it does that everywhere.
Ah shaddup yankee!
Mike Good

Arlington, TX

#78 May 4, 2013
Wesley Shaw is a homosexual
kae6675

Pittsburgh, PA

#79 May 10, 2013
tx machinist wrote:
Said the Guy who's from Seattle Washington. Quite the commute to work bro
tx machinist

Grove City, PA

#80 May 10, 2013
kae6675 wrote:
<quoted text>Said the Guy who's from Seattle Washington. Quite the commute to work bro
You guys know that if you're on your phone and don't let it use your current location it puts locations in right?
Ge is enemie not Texas

Pittsburgh, PA

#81 May 13, 2013
Let Me first say nobody should be saying anything bad on here about anyone from Texas They are just Americans trying to provide for They're Families or Them selfs. My anger is for a Company that as an employee I am often mislead or lied too. GE made a Billion dollars of profit off the product We produce in Erie is a fair living wage and some job security too much to ask for. If You ask Me a "global economy" is destroying what was the greatest Country in the world. What We all need to be fighting for is a Middle Class because it don't seem like there gonna be one for too much longer and no one should want that.
Mr Dumass

United States

#82 Jun 19, 2013
We are hearing rumors up north , that the Fort Worth facility is having problems with the motors for OHV wheel assemblies ? Also only able to put out 1 loco a week ? BS or not ?

Since: May 13

United States

#83 Jun 19, 2013
Mr Dumass wrote:
We are hearing rumors up north , that the Fort Worth facility is having problems with the motors for OHV wheel assemblies ? Also only able to put out 1 loco a week ? BS or not ?
I don't know about loco but haven't heard that about the ohv wheels. They are having a problem with people quitting on the wheel side. About 10% of the machinists and maintenance with more to come. A lot of the assemblers are trying to transfer to loco too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Hurt As Tornados Rip Through Grayson County Wed Reichsfuhrer von ... 2
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Wed Cowgirl 250
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Apr 25 Elise Gingerich 45
News Monterey Symphony's fifth installment shines at... Apr 25 Elise Gingerich 1
Irish traveller's (Nov '08) Apr 21 big fat guy 1,420
Racism towards Irish travellers in ftworth (Aug '13) Apr 19 Hooked-on-Phonetics 96
News Man says he renounced Aryan gang membership (Sep '07) Apr 17 Bryan bone aiken 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages