Girl, 9, Dies After Horse Dragging, P...

Girl, 9, Dies After Horse Dragging, Police Say

There are 34 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from May 25, 2008, titled Girl, 9, Dies After Horse Dragging, Police Say. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Police said a 9-year-old Fort Worth girl died after she was dragged by a horse on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stacie

Dallas, TX

#29 May 29, 2008
people stop being like that this is very sad....
happy medium

Carrollton, TX

#30 May 29, 2008
Natalee wrote:
Maybe times have changed for some. I have been riding since I was 2 as well. Never in my life have I wore a helmet. I can often be seen riding with no saddle and barefoot. Even rode the cows that way when I was little. Guess everyone has their own opinions. I still stand by "no one is to blame".
<quoted text>
I agree. I have rode horses as well as bikes all my life without a helmet. How did any of us survive the 70's without helmets? Not that I'm against helmets I'm just sayin I don't know if it would have been the solution. It was a freak accident, it was her time to go to heaven. God works in mysterious ways. What this girl is feeling now is a joy that we can only IMAGINE. Hope the family can heal with that knowledge.
tasha

Fort Worth, TX

#33 May 31, 2008
okay first off, the criticizm needs to stop. who cares all the details, that wont bring her back, and I am sure Ana and the family would be heart broken if they read some of these things you mean, uncaring, people wrote about her daughter. I knw Juliette first hand I was her baby sitter. and this just sickens me that people would be so rude and sit there and bash her and the family. get a life, if you cant say anything nice please keep your mouth shut.
tasha

Fort Worth, TX

#34 May 31, 2008
STARGAZER wrote:
Another hokey child's death....bizarre. The stable didn;t know that they had taken the horses out? What was the father thinking?
Sometihng doesn't sound right about all this......investigate closely Benbrook PD....this really reeks....
okay.. first off you dont know what talking about so you need to keep your damn mouth shut.. the stables knew they were out there. the father worked out there. sooo before you go talking shit get your facts straight.. im glad to know you never will know what it feels like to loose a child..
Fred Fort Worth

AOL

#35 May 31, 2008
Tasha you seem to know alot about this tragic lose, but I can understand why Stargazer said to investigate this closely. I heard someone say a girl who works at the stables was screaming hysterically after the accident that it was her fault Juliette was killed. I dont really understand why she would say that when her father was the only one with her. The fact remains it is a tragedy this child lost her life, and that her family has lost a beautiful wonderful child. Everyone needs to understand that even the most well trained horse can spook unexpectantly, especially if they are outside their normal confines. Accidents happen.
pawsandclaws

United States

#36 Jun 1, 2008
The problem with humans, among other things, is that you're selfish, arrogant, and greedy......created in someone else's image??? If God is so caring, loving, compassionate and all those other wonderful things he is supposed to be, then why would he allow a little girl to die so horribly?? And you know she had to be terrified. That would be terrifying for an adult. And don't give me any of that "God work's in mysterious ways" crap. I want a really good, viable explanation. Please.
tasha

Fort Worth, TX

#37 Jun 1, 2008
pawsandclaws wrote:
The problem with humans, among other things, is that you're selfish, arrogant, and greedy......created in someone else's image??? If God is so caring, loving, compassionate and all those other wonderful things he is supposed to be, then why would he allow a little girl to die so horribly?? And you know she had to be terrified. That would be terrifying for an adult. And don't give me any of that "God work's in mysterious ways" crap. I want a really good, viable explanation. Please.
Nobody will be able to give you a good viable explanation, believe me if we could we would want the same explanation, but it just doesnt work that way. Juliette sister asked me the night after why God allowed her to die, and what we know is that we will never KNOW why, but in th Bible it does say that our days are numbered, and every person has a plan and a purpose in this life.. ONLY GOD KNOWS THE NUMBR OF DAYS WE HAVE TO LIVE. HE KNEW THE NUMBER OF DAYS JULIETTE HAD HERE ON THIS EARTH, BUT COME ON PEOPLE I KNOW ITS TRAGIC AND SAD, BUT WHY SIT HERE AND DWELL ON IT.. SHE IS WITH OUR LORD.. AND ONE DAY WE WILL SEE HER AGAIN.
Danielle

United States

#38 Jun 1, 2008
Natalee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, she has been around horses all her life. No matter how well trained you are, it is near impossible to release your foot stuck in a stirrup while hanging upside down. That is what happened to her. She was in my friend's son's class at school. This is what you would call a freak accident in which no one is to blame, including the animal NOR the parents.
AMEN Natalee....
I live right in the area where this tragic accident happened and I AM an experience rider and grew up with horse of my own my whole life and freak accidents do happen. I had almost the same accident happen to me when I was in HS but me foot was able to come loose. So for the ones that have nothing good to say about this accicent please keep the re-marks to yourself. Freak accidents could happen playing baseball like the young man last year in the batting cage in the mid cities area, are you going to blame the ball, the teammate that hit it, or maybe even the coach.... NO!!! And he was a HS boy so Im sure your going to say he was in experienced and therefore your wrong again. Things just happen just liek this did. And the parents are not to blame and it doesnt matter what time of day it happened this same accident could have happened at 10am; just like a drunk driver killing someone it could happen just as easy at 2pm and 2am!!! Everything happens for a reason, weather or not its a good reason but GOD has a plan.
pawsandclaws

United States

#41 Jun 2, 2008
So, ok, I get that "our days are numbered" or whatever, but did it have to be such a horrible accident? Does God get off on seeing people suffer? Hey, if you want to go through life not knowing, that's up to you but I want to know WHY!? Frankly, I think you're all a bunch of hypocrites. You drive around in your gas guzzling suv's while talking on your cell phones (can't you just enjoy the silence or the radio for a change?), sit on your arses watching cable/satellite because you can't find anything interesting to do (read a book, meditate, play with your kids). Then you complain about high gas prices, you and your kids are getting too fat, sucking my tax dollars to pay for your health care. But everything's ok as long as you go to church and ask to be forgiven. What a load of crap. If everyone on this planet who claims to be a Christian would actually live by what the bible teaches, the world might actually be a half way decent place to live. When it's a person actually doing the harm, we rant, rave, sue the person/company, act out revenge. But when God does it, it's ok. Give me a break.
questions

AOL

#42 Jun 2, 2008
No one ever answered the question Why was some girl who works at the stable screaming hysterically she was to blame for this little girls death if no one was with her but her father?
tasha

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Jun 2, 2008
honestly, nobody can answer your question as to why god let this certian thing happen. NO GOD DOESNT GET OFF ON SEEING PEOPLE SUFFER. I do believe that when "bad" things happen to people, it can and will be used later on in life for good. I knwo it doesnt seem good right now. but if you believe that God is God and his word is true. I know for a fact that Juliettes death has made alot of families stop and actually spend time and cherish there children. Through hard times comes growth.

and to answer your question as to why the girl was out there, that worked at the stables, i dont think anyone really knows. sorry. if i find out anything ill let you know though.
tasha

Fort Worth, TX

#44 Jun 2, 2008
ok. juliette and her father were not alone, there were 3-4 other people with them. thats where th other girl comes in the picture.
info

AOL

#45 Jun 3, 2008
The girls name who was screaming hysterically that Julliette's death was her fault is Brooke, and she works at the stables. Why is it that every story reported failed to mention that there were other people with them. Sounds to me like someone didn't want the whole truth told about this little girls death, and sounds like a bunch of adults neglected this childs safety for an evening joy ride.
Beth

Fort Worth, TX

#46 Jun 23, 2008
This is so tragic that this happened. It has got to be tearing the family up inside. What I don't understand is how some of this was even printed. Juliette was not a rider and had never even been to that place to ride a horse. In fact, the article says that her father keeps his horses at the stables....he doesn't own ANY horses. This report is not accurate.
I do wish them well and pray that they will get through this difficult time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family Sues After Woman Dies From Pedicure (May '06) 19 hr Laredo 5
Victor(Vitaliy) Falkovich Jun 20 Michelle 1
Blacks shooting people on Las Vegas Trail (Jul '16) Jun 20 Michelle 2
Want conservative wife to be turned out (Nov '15) Jun 20 Michelle 3
lesbians (Apr '11) Jun 20 Michelle 4
tonya so called christian (Jan '11) Jun 20 Michelle 2
jews or a thorn in the worlds side (Oct '10) Jun 20 Michelle 5

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance