Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8252 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

kandii

San Bernardino, CA

#8025 Aug 25, 2013
Well my husband has a hernia mesh patch and lately its been taking effect what should he do
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#8026 Aug 26, 2013
Heres your sign wrote:
They haven't settled with half of the men's law suits yet and their already wrapping up the women's tvt cases, WTF?
Bard Avaulta Vaginal Mesh Settlement Reached During Second MDL Trial
Posted: 22 Aug 2013 09:04 AM PDT
Following a $2 million verdict returned by a federal jury last week, C.R. Bard has agreed to settle the second of four bellwether trials involving complications associated with Bard Avaulta vaginal mesh.
Jury selections began this week in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia for a product liability lawsuit filed by Wanda Queen, who alleged that she suffered painful and debilitating injuries after
receiving Bard Avaulta surgical mesh ...
Remember there is a difference between trial settlements and just settlements. The Judge has had strict control over the trial and kept it in a timely basis. After Bard lost to the first case which Bard assumed they would win because although the Plaintiff is injured, she is still able to work at some level. Yet, Bard lost. In the second case, the victim was most severely injured by the mesh out of the 4 bellwether cases. I think she was younger and had young kids too, plus she had many upcoming surgeries, those factors considered she had a upcoming for sure win. Anyways, Bard had no choice but to settle, or they risked jury awarding the Plaintiff much
much higher than 2mill. Actually, it was smart of Bard to settle because they don't spend more money on appeals and do not have to admit guilt, plus the amount is confidential. Which messes up thousands of awaiting cases to settle. This trial should have had higher award and the numbers would have been used as a basis to settle. But since the amount is unknown the base currently stands at 2mill, who knows it could have been over 10mil.
Again, straight settlements aka Kugal and the tvag federal trials have different set of rules. With Kugal settlements Bard has the power to waste time. But when they are getting sued in a Federal court, Bard do not have the control to waste time, its up to the judge and this judge doesn't put up with BS from either side. Getting sued gives less power to the defendant.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8027 Aug 26, 2013
kandii wrote:
Well my husband has a hernia mesh patch and lately its been taking effect what should he do
What do you mean by "taking effect"? If the patch is bothering him, causing pain, swelling etc, he should go see the surgeon, now! Get your OP report from the hospital to find out what Mesh he has. Please make a report to the FDA MAUDE data base with the info from the OP report. Make sure the surgeon knows everything that is happening to your husband because of the mesh! Let us know what you find out and if you need any assistance. Best of Luck and Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8028 Aug 26, 2013
Here is an exerpt of an article concerning locateing and identifying problems with Mesh. Xray, MRI and CT scans are not able to "see" the Mesh in most cases. What does come up is usually a "Line" well defined but very similar to muscle structure around it. So a Trans Labial Ultrasound, properly done, will give a much better view of the Mesh and surrounding tissue. Here is an exerpt from that article....... The use of translabial ultrasound increasingly has become a helpful tool for diagnosis and preoperative planning of mesh complications [29]. Mesh is not detectable with X-ray or CT. Ultrasound is superior to MRI in detecting mesh implants. Translabial ultrasound can confirm the presence and location of residual synthetic graft material (see Fig. 2a and andb).b). The technique involves patients in supine position with knees flexed or in lithotomy, with the bladder moderately filled. Coronal, sagittal, and axial views are obtained with the 59 MHz-translabial, curvilinear (Philips IU22; Philips Healthcare, Andover, MA) transducer placed on the perineum near the introitus. A dynamic evaluation is obtained with Cine image (real-time graphics on cine playback) in the resting state, squeeze, valsalva, kegel, and cough. Translabial ultrasound can assess the structure of mesh and helps to correlate clinical findings. It does not help to diagnose vaginal, bladder, or urethral erosion. Further studies on evaluating the clinical use of translabial ultrasound imaging are needed..........I went through this procedure 3 weeks ago. It found another Hernia behind the Kugel patch and a couple of "small abnormalities" with the Mesh. Because of the manipulation of the "wand", applying downward pressure on my gut as if to defacate and doing this both standing and lying down caused me a great deal of pain afterwards and it took 5 days for me to recover. BUT! It can show movement of the intestines, any blockage, gas bubbles etc that may indicate further problems with the Mesh implant far better than anything else. If you are having to have more exams I would ask your Dr./Surgeon to have this procedure. Best Wishes......
Vicky

Miami, FL

#8029 Aug 26, 2013
Hi Lana,
I have been a spawm between attorneys where if they do not see enough money in the case they will not pursue it. I have been suffering with this patch, from more surgeries, discomfort, bladder changes and have had swelling, hardening and leaching chemicals of that area and of course the hernia recurrence. I live in Miami and it's just baffling to me that I cannot get someone to help me locally without having to go out of state.

Anyway I wish all the best

Thanks,
Vicky
Lana Keeton wrote:
<quoted text>
Has his mesh been removed? Do anything you can to get it out. As long as the mesh is in, it continues to harm by moving, shrinking, hardening and leaching chemicals causing a cascade of other diseases.
Truth is about the case in NJ, the attorneys proved nothing about the inherent defects that are in all synthetic surgical meshes. The only testimony I read about the defects in the mesh were the pore size and the placement of it in the pelvis and the distortion of the pores in the pelvis.
Linda Gross won her case on failure to warn the doctor and fraudulent misrepresentation in the patient brochures.
Each new case will again have to prove the same thing over. The reasons she won will not automatically translate to other women. It will help but it is not automatic.
The sad thing most are not aware of is the same attorney team in Rhode Island is behind the Mazie Katz firm in New Jersey. Do not have great expectations for the rest of the cases.
Those attorneys in Rhode Island operate under the assumptiom hernia mesh is the gold standard. How many cases are you going to win if you believe the marketing of the mesh companies?
I will not be surprised to find many of the women in the Ethicon MDL have the same fate as those in the Kugel Mesh Hernia patch case, very low settlement payouts.
Ethicon and J&J will string this out forever. Ethicon will likely appeal the verdict hoping for a better verdict for them in the next bellwether case.
Mesh injured patients are pawns in the system. Everyone makes money off of us...the device companies, the doctors, the hospitals, the attorneys, the court system, the insurance companies. Everyone involved in this, except the patients, has a day job and makes money off of us. Quite disgusting in my opinion.
Good luck with your Pop. Best, blessings, Lana Keeton
p.s. the only way to get attorneys involved in hernia mesh lawsuits is if the FDA issues a warning on hernia mesh like it did for transvaginal mesh in July 2011. That is when all the attorneys jumped on the bandwagon, not before.
The only way for the warnings to happen for hernia mesh is hundreds and hundreds of adverse events filed on the MAUDE database by you and everyone else here on Topix.
The system stinks but you have to work within it to get what you want. Go for it!
LIN

Pell City, AL

#8030 Aug 27, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>You have a valid question Lin! And Heres Your Sign as well. If you go through the FDA MAUDE data base and read many of the reports and what the Manufacturers are saying, you will find that 99% of them mention that a "sample" of the "product" was not returned to be examined. I have posted this question before, Why is there no requirement, Law or procedure to have a sample of the removed mesh sent to the FDA and the Manufacturer. If the Mesh is going bad and there are so many reports AND it cannot be determined WITHOUT the sample then why is it not a requirement to have it sent for examination? I am sure that the FDA/Manufacturer would come up with a reason why the Mesh went bad other than the Manufacturers fault but at least they could give the impression they are really concerned and doing something! The Hospital where my Mesh was removed had no idea that there had been Mesh removed because it went bad. The woman in charge of that sort of thing for 26 years had never heard of such a situation with Mesh. I know of at least 6 men that went through what I did including losing a testicle at the same Hospital. How in the Hell could that be unless the Dr.'s are not reporting it to the Hospital to cover their ass and not have to generate paperwork? Could the Hospitals be turning a blind eye to the fact that there are so many Mesh removals ( Hernia/Gyno )as long as they are not involved in a lawsuit? Surely someone has noticed that these patients are having to come back in for more treatments/surgeries/MRI/CT Scans and such. Do the Insurance companies not notice that they are paying out thousands of dollars for the same surgeries over and over again? Medicare and Medicaid are going broke but Mesh Implants and Removals continue at a brisk pace. Men and Women are having to sue to try and get back what they have lost during their Mesh experience and many times their case hinges on the reports from the FDA and the Manufacturer as to what could have happened to the Mesh. Can't blame it on the patient or the Dr. if you have the evidence in hand that shows that your product did the damage! So maybe NOT requireing that Mesh that has failed be sent off does have the effect that the FDA and the Manufacturers want. Makes sense when it is explained like that, don't it? Best Wishes.......
Hi AMU,:} Cann't sleep. So just catching up o different sites. just see whats new. Thanks for your imput. I never thought of the biopsy of the mesh or the gallbladder.One don't noemally do they? Unless something goes wrong within hours of surgery. My way of thinking.( It might be dangeriouse!)but one might think with all the high Tec,that scans could be used of the biopsy tissue, and mesh once it's been remover. Thats what I think.
LIN

Pell City, AL

#8031 Aug 27, 2013
All dam antivirus kicking in had post before finsh my statement above. I agree with you about country going broke! In which over what maybe 75% is because of $$$$$$$'sssss made off of medical manufactuers? In which keeps the world turning. and the world goes broke. Yupper! IT goes back what 3-4 years ago when Mick Moore had movie out called Sicko. Where insurance companies , medicare, medicaid etc... could been doing more to get the cost of medicail care down. If they would report the defective drugs devices alot sooner... and that alot more people were getting hurt or dieing from bad side effects etc... Yet Wall Sreet has alot of control in this game also. As how and what gets reported. Thats no BS. Mike says something in that movie about Wall Street Control. Yet I don't remember the news station did a reort about this also some timr ago. Don't remember Title Something like Medical Whistle blowers, hushed. Dam see what happens when to many surgeries, one thinks a slow rise to top of Mountain,only to find fast desent the other side. One can't remember crap/things like they use to. It's all big game within the Insurance company Fed Gov, Wall Street. Med World, SSMedicare I sure hope their never a Monoply Board game out in the medical world setting in some office being played with daily. We all know the childs game of Operation! Is their another verision setting some where else?Within Congress Fed Government? Why not? It seems that's what they do all the time play games. Last week on early news CBS they were telling about the highest paid and their $$'s value of Men within the Red House. One was worth $330million, others in lower millions.Makes me wonder how much office change get passed to them behind close doors???
LIN

Pell City, AL

#8032 Aug 27, 2013
google this medical whistleblowers silents
Anna Johnson

Baltimore, MD

#8033 Aug 27, 2013
Hi I am a 40 year female located in MD. I had a parietex mesh placed on 05/25/2012. Since I have had the mesh placed I have had major problems. I have kidney disease had one kidney taken out in 2011. Six or eight months later a lump was on the site of where the kidney was taken. It was a large hernia and my organs had shifted and made my side bulge out. So I was scheduled with a surgeon for the repair. When it was first done I was in a more pain then even the removal of my kidney. Then it got a little better for a short time. Then my stomach started to swell I was swollen all over and developed another knot. Was told by my pcp it was another hernia. Went back to the surgeon he said no but yet I developed pressure, the site is hot to the touch. I was admitted twice they said elevated white cell count did not know from what, my liver level was off and there was swelling everywhere. I tried to discuss with the hernia doctor and my pcp they have said it is all in my head. I noticed that one of my legs I can not feel it the pain is beyond belief, my pressure the headaches, and I am tired all of the time. I got the op notes it states Parietex Mesh-PCO. I looked this mesh up I see numerous complaints and most of my symptoms are just like every one else's but I am not sure what lawyer to contact who is handling this and where to file my compplaint with the FDA.I had one doctor tell me no doctor will touch me that if a mistake was made the doctor that did this has to fix it. WOW. This mesh is causing me a great deal of problems and I am very scared about it. Having my kidney out was supposed to improve the quality of my life then I get this mesh and it has done some damage. I have one remaining kidney there is pressure on my stomach all the time and I can not allow anyone to touch my stomach. This is just a mess and I have no idea how to sort this out. When it was my kidney I had a routine and I knew exactly what to do and where to go. But in this I just dont know. I want to have a voice in this and I want to do whatever it takes to get this resolved. I want someone to be held responsible and I want to stop this from happening to anyone else. If someone could please contact me I would greatly appreciate that. Thank You Anna Johnson (Maryland) charbie28@msn.com
Robert

Chesapeake, OH

#8034 Aug 28, 2013
I have an hernia patch, gortex. This patch has failed. The rings witch should hold IT in place have moved away from the patch. They are now on the wrong side of my body. Also I have a piece of one of the anchoring rings damaging my liver. This has ruined my life. Affected the life of my 12 year old daughter.
. My insurance provider is treating me like donney ray in the movie, the rainmaker. I contacted my congressman Bobby Scott. Thanks to Mr. Scott office team I may be herd soon in . Lets hope this case ends better.
teresa heimann

Bellefontaine, OH

#8035 Aug 28, 2013
I had a tumor in 2009 removed (stomach cut all the way down) then in 2010 I had 5 hernias in stomach and gore mesh (they said it wss like a big tube going down stomach and has now come loose) I am now on disability and cannot do mush of anything and am in constant pain. doctors say it cannot be removed because my nerve endings have grown around the mesh and cannot be cut. what should I do now
teresa heimann

Bellefontaine, OH

#8036 Aug 28, 2013
same thing has happened to me. I am receiving disability now and want to pursue this with the mesh manufacturer. any suggestions
teresa heimann

Bellefontaine, OH

#8037 Aug 28, 2013
I had Gore dual mesh tube (cut all the way from top of stomach to bottom) was told the mesh came loose and now I am disabled and in constant pain. all I see is vaginal and keugel problems.
Need info on what I can do. this has ruined my life. The mesh was a result of 5 stomach hernias and second operation where I have been cut from top to bottom. they say it is inoperable because nerve endings have wrapped around the mesh and cannot be cut. someone please read and respond. desperate for info
Natl Meshoma Foundation

Pompano Beach, FL

#8038 Aug 29, 2013
**This posting is a request for your cooperation to better validate by an objective collection of data a more accurate reporting of mesh related complications, injury and death which will be utilized to create an accurate research study with the goal of inciting a change in the Standard of Care for hernia repair. A research paper will ultimately be published which will hopefully bring about change for the better and a progression of science in the right direction.
There is nothing wrong with the subjective anecdotal reporting of our suffering on this and other blogs, media sites and even to our families, physicians, and lawmakers. The problem with subjective anecdotal reporting is that it does not address the necessary goal of inciting a progression of science in the right direction by proving the relationship between the over-use of mesh and the significant level of catastrophic injuries. To do this we need your help to collect the objective data needed to validate this relationship:
If you are a patient who has been injured we are desperately in need of:
1) Original Operative report (names will be removed from all documents provided, so privacy, including litigation efforts are protected) from your first implantation surgery and any additional surgery and mesh removal
2) Your "Informed Consent" form that you signed before the first repair
3) Your age, gender, type of job, list of symptoms/pain issues, smoker/non
4) list of meds that have been prescribed
5) type of scans you have had
6) level of pain most days, at rest and with activity
7) name of mesh product, manufacturer
8) Did you report your injury to the FDA Adverse Event system
9)**Copies of any photos of your mesh if removed, and photos from the laparoscopic first placement of your mesh and removal surgery.(all identifying names will be removed).
10) diagnosis (ans mis-diagnosis) that has been made in your case (ie: IBS, adhesions, lupus, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, etc)
11)*very important: costs you have incurred; medical care out of pocket,
job loss, loss of home and loss of relationships

If your are interested in assisting with this very difficult but important scientific study, please contact me at brosenberg1@bellsouth.net and I will explain more about it and how you can help. If you have not done so please make your report to the FDA "Maude" Adverse Event system.
Please note that this study is not supported by any manufacturer, attorney or individual who will profit from the information you will provide.

Thank you and feel better,

Bruce Rosenberg
National Meshoma Foundation
Mike m

United States

#8039 Sep 2, 2013
Sue wrote:
Hello Linda,
I know this was a few years ago, but I wanted to see if you are still having trouble, or if you had to have a new surgery, etc.? I had Inguinal Hernia Surgery in June,'10. It STILL HURTS!! The doctor put in Atrium Pro-Loop Mesh and Mesh Plug. I feel pain all the time! Especially when I bend over, it feels like a stabbing pain, and like staples are poking me. Email if you can. hahnsusan@yahoo.com
dec 09 had atrium plug and mesh plus theirs marlex also so far lawyer where i live said nothing to do bout it.. i still work and yes its not every day but pain is there aft oper in dec i stayed on light duty till may at work it still bothers me bad but i need to work to make money
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#8040 Sep 2, 2013
Anna Johnson wrote:
Hi I am a 40 year doctor tell me no doctor will touch me that if a mistake was made the doctor that did this has to fix it. WOW. This mesh is causing me a great deal of problems and I am very scared about it. Having my kidney out was supposed to improve the quality of my life then I get this mesh and it have a voice in this and I want to do whatever it takes to get this resolved. I want someone to be held responsible and I want to stop this from happening to anyone else. If someone could please contact me I would greatly appreciate that. Thank You Anna Johnson (Maryland) charbie28@msn.com
Your story sounds too close to mine except the dates and the model. Kidney removed then 11mos later the hernia mesh implanted. When I woke up from the hernia surgery, I told the nurse something is majorly wrong because I am so much pain. She told me well I had a major surgery. I told her I think removing kidney is even more major and the pain was not even close to it. Well, I was ignored and sent home. Suffered 6yrs with it jad it removed and now suffer from ther permanent damage the mesh caused to my bowels and am disabled. First thing first find a surgeon who will remove it, your body is rejecting the mesh and you are in a chronic state of infection, hense the high wbc and imflammation. Your body is trying to fight the mesh that is why the location is tender and warmer. Believe me, I have been there and done that, saw 15 plus doctors while hospitalized to private practices. No one will tell the truth because they don't want to implicate their colleagues and am afraid of any future lititgation. They know but will not admit it. They will blame everything else and test for every other diseases and waste your time. There are not many but few will remove it, I only know few in the west coast. So you will need to do some research and find a surgeon to explant it. Make sure you have black and white facts about harmful affects of polyproplene and some ppl like us are allergic to it or it causes foreign body reaction and begins to attack our bodies including all of the endocrine system. The longer you have it in you the more damage, so act stedfast. I went to my implant surgeon 9 times yet he denied it was the mesh causing all my ailment. I had to go out of state to get it out. Many people have had to go out of state and country to find the surgeon who would help them. If you spend the time you will find the answers on the internet. You can go to fda website and look for MAUDE to report your complications. As for the lawsuits, unless you have a Kugal model which was recalled in 2005 and 2006, it will be almost impossible to find anyone to represent you. Hernia surgeries are very common and if the fda ever recalled it (ues they should but wont), it probably will affect the economy in a big way so they will never let that happen. Spend the little energy you have on getting better and you will not get better until it is oit of your body. It is poison, attacking every aspect of your body, I know, I am a victim of the mesh.
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#8041 Sep 2, 2013
Anna Johnson wrote:
Hi I am a 40 year female located in MD. I had a parietex mesh placed on 05/25/2012. Since I have had the mesh placed I have had major problems. I have kidney disease had one kidney taken out in 2011. Six or eight months later a lump was on the site of where the kidney was taken. It was a large hernia and my organs had shifted and made my side bulge out. So I was scheduled with a surgeon for the repair. When it was first done I was in a more pain then even the removal of my kidney. Then it got a little better for a short time. Then my stomach started to swell I was swollen all over and developed another knot. Was told by my pcp it was another hernia. Went back to the surgeon he said no but yet I developed pressure, the site is hot to the touch. I was admitted twice they said elevated white cell count did not know from what, my liver level was off and there was swelling everywhere. I tried to discuss with the hernia doctor and my pcp they have said it is all in my head. I noticed that one of my legs I can not feel it the pain is beyond belief, my pressure the headaches, and I am tired all of the time. I got the op notes it states Parietex Mesh-PCO. I looked this mesh up I see numerous complaints and most of my symptoms are just like every one else's but I am not sure what lawyer to contact who is handling this and where to file my compplaint with the FDA.I had one doctor tell me no doctor will touch me that if a mistake was made the doctor that did this has to fix it. WOW. This mesh is causing me a great deal of problems and I am very scared about it. Having my kidney out was supposed to improve the quality of my life then I get this mesh and it has done some damage. I have one remaining kidney there is pressure on my stomach all the time and I can not allow anyone to touch my stomach. This is just a mess and I have no idea how to sort this out. When it was my kidney I had a routine and I knew exactly what to do and where to go. But in this I just dont know. I want to have a voice in this and I want to do whatever it takes to get this resolved. I want someone to be held responsible and I want to stop this from happening to anyone else. If someone could please contact me I would greatly appreciate that. Thank You Anna Johnson (Maryland) charbie28@msn.com
I had my implanted in 2005 at 34yrs old then removed at 40yrs old. It ruined my life but I believe if it was removed sooner, before the permanent damage occurred I could have had my life back. So please act quick. Be open minded, you may need to travel far, pay out of pocket, sell your belongings but it is necessary to get it out of you. If you have no health, you have nothing, believe me, just existing is not living. Remember unless it is out you will only worsen. Finding somebodu accountable should be back burner, if you put too much energy into it, you will only suffer more. And yes, it sucks and fda stinks and life is definitely not fair. You did nothing wrong but listen to doctors. Sadly, they listen too much to the medical device and drug companies and they are brain washed by them. They only know what they are told by the companies and those companies have been proven to lie over and over again. You are not the first nor will you be the last to suffer innocently by the greedy world of modern medicine.
LIN

Eastaboga, AL

#8043 Sep 4, 2013
question? ok can mesh cause food alergy side effects? I use to eat about anything that I normally liked.( No to hot dogs, most process food, meats). I ask for it seems that 1/2 hour after eating I start to itching real bad.Like a case of hives. Get's bad like having poison ivy or sumac (in which 2 summers ago did get in bad case of that). Yes we are running AC. Not for sure if possible something from outside floating in. any body got idea what could be happening. This all been since new hernia surgery of May 21, bard mesh. Been takin Benadryl. thanks
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8044 Sep 5, 2013
LIN wrote:
question? ok can mesh cause food alergy side effects? I use to eat about anything that I normally liked.( No to hot dogs, most process food, meats). I ask for it seems that 1/2 hour after eating I start to itching real bad.Like a case of hives. Get's bad like having poison ivy or sumac (in which 2 summers ago did get in bad case of that). Yes we are running AC. Not for sure if possible something from outside floating in. any body got idea what could be happening. This all been since new hernia surgery of May 21, bard mesh. Been takin Benadryl. thanks
Hello Lin,I think the question should be "Is the Mesh causing my bodies Immune system to break down" there by causing allergies you have never had to crop up.This question is continually being asked by more and more Mesh Victims. I have had and continue to have small infections that do not make sense if my immune system is "working". I have also had the worst sinus and respiratory infections, something I rarely had, over the past couple of years. I have researched this and have discussed it with Bruce but of course there is no official study nor published opinions on the subject. My feelings about this is that if our Immune System is working against the Mesh 24/7/365 for years it would make sense that it would start to fail after a period of time. Since I am not a "Medical Professional" my "feelings" do not count for much but how many of you feel the same? We also must realize that our body has been compromised by surgery and the Mesh. We are getting older and maybe we are just experiencing our bodies adjustment to age and the surgeries. But when you start having one allergy after another that you have NEVER had it does require questioning whether Mesh is a major contributing factor. Hope you are "Getting along OK" Lin. Thanks for the e-mail info! Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8045 Sep 5, 2013
I would like to remind everybody on here that when you are having all the side effects of Mesh and report this to your Dr. PLEASE make a report to the FDA MAUDE Data base also. Try to get the Dr. to contribute too.( If he/she has the Huevos!)If your Dr. is throwing out every conceivable possibility for your symptoms OTHER THAN Mesh, print out some of the posts off this Forum. Or print out reports from the MAUDE data base to show him/her that there are many other Mesh Guinea Pigs that are having the same exact symptoms.Surprisingly ( or maybe not ) many Dr's have no idea the extent or scope of the Mesh problem. I doubt very seriously if they have ever read anything about Mesh problems that has not come from a Manufacturer or their compatriots within the Medical Community or the FDA. So help your Doctors education TODAY! You may be surprised! I also want to suggest that you take a good look at your state of health other than the Mesh. Do you smoke? Do you drink to excess? Are you obese? Have you had multiple abdominal surgeries before the Mesh was introduced? Is your body type subject to recurrent Hernias because of hereditary components? I suggest this because the Dr's are going to be looking at those situations as part of his overall examination and determination. If your symptoms can be explained easier by pointing out that you smoke or are obese the Dr will take that route. So be prepared for that and maybe try to better your health as much as possible to stop the Dr from blaming YOU rather than looking at the Mesh as the cause of your ills. Best Wishes........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Missy-Misty Dawn Campbell Mon Dev 10
News Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting (Dec '14) Mon Slim 107
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Sun OReneedianegarrett 636
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Apr 14 Stack84 339
Jazmine Williams Apr 12 Parish Episcopal 1
News Paying red-light camera ticket can be tricky (Oct '09) Apr 4 rrr 32
Theif in white gmc yukon chrome rims Apr 4 Anonymus 1

Benbrook Jobs

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages