Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8244 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Dan H

Silver Spring, MD

#7975 Jul 25, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
I am throwing out a proposition to all of the Posters' on this Forum. Would you be interested in a Conference for Mesh Victims in Washington D.C. around April/May of 2014? I have talked to Bruce about this and if we could get a few hundred or so people together to meet, discuss and listen to Medical and Legal experts concerning Mesh then a little rally at the Capital steps? Let me know your thoughts and if we can get it together lets have a little ConFab and protest march! Thanks Mucho.....
I live just outside DC. Let us know and I will be there with photos and bells on. DH
Tammie

Mayfield, KY

#7976 Jul 26, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Dear Tammie, I have responded to so many posts such as yours over the years that when I try to express my sympathies and sorrow for what you are going through, it sounds pretty lame.But please, accept my sympathies and hope that you can feel better soon. The fact that you are not an exception to complications from mesh but actually a prime example of a Mesh victim makes it just that much worse that neither the Medical Community nor the FDA, much less the Manufacturers,will admit to the mass problems with Mesh. I can find no other example of a Medical Device with so many complaints against it that continues to be used with the FDA's blessing. There are many of us out here that continue to contact Politicians, Government Officials and Agencies and bombard them with data, facts and questions about the safety of Mesh. I hope that one day we will have some sense of retribution and some meaningful compensation for being a Guinea Pig for the Medical Manufacturers of Mesh in ALL its forms.Please try not to be discouraged or let depression take over your life. You are not alone out there with what you have been through and there are other Victims that do care. Best Wishes..........
Thanks! You don't sound lame at all to me. This hernia surgery has definitely changed my life. Honestly, I can't imagine living like this the rest of my life...and I am just 36 years old. I just noticed a few days ago, I feel what seems to be another hernia right around the area where the mesh was put in. So, I'm going to have to get in to see my doctor and let them check it out. I can promise them one thing, if it is a hernia, they are NOT putting that stuff back in me. See, I had no idea hernias could be repaired without mesh. So, when I read on here and seen where people had actually went back and had theirs taken out, it amazed me. It's all about the money with the hospitals, manufacturers, and doctors. I honestly believe they know more than likely these meshes will cause complications and they decide to go that route so they can keep re-doing the surgeries so they can collect more money. It makes me furious to know this could have been corrected without mesh and that I have been put through this. I just want to bring blood from someone over making me suffer like I have. This is OUR lives they are putting on the line. Where is their hearts?
Tammie

Mayfield, KY

#7977 Jul 26, 2013
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>It does NOT sound lame. It sounds genuine and caring. You are a smart man, even IF you like the wrong NFL team. Ive been writing back and forth with Tammie, she needs all the support she can get. I did ask her to file the adverse event report, and she has the medical records, with all info! She even knows about the FDA warning letter to Atrium Medical. That inspection took place not too long before her implant. Of course I know the exact response that Atrium will write RE her adverse even report. " There are NO reports of infections regarding any other Atrium meshes in this batch or lot number. Asswipes. Just like all of the other ones. Funny that there have been several reports of infections in many many mesh implants, but its NEVER the manufacturers fault, even the ones with human hair found in meshes from the manufacture plant itself. Bullshit.
Hi Patty! I've not been on here in several days. I've been gone visiting with family and just got home tonight. I'm going to get that report filed now that I am back home. Yes, they done the letter not too long before my implant. The letter was warning them of sterilization. It's a NO BRAINER!!! Seriously! If a surgical incision isn't kept properly cleaned, it gets infected, right? So, if the mesh isn't sterilized then it's going to cause infections. They can tell me what they want, but I know the facts. My incision was completely healed up. The infection came on from the inside. They met someone here who will argue with them all day long, cause now I have nothing but time. Also, for the poster who mentioned about a conference meeting, I would absolutely LOVE to go to something like that and be able to tell my story, but I can't financially afford to make a trip like that. I live in Kentucky and am a single momma. I hope if the conference meeting happens that good results come from it! May God bless us all. If we all pull together, we shall come out on top. Too many voices out there to keep remaining quiet.
Heres your sign

Mcpherson, KS

#7978 Jul 26, 2013
Bard Product Liability Lawsuit Costs Lead to Quarterly Loss
Posted: 26 Jul 2013 07:45 AM PDT
Under the weight of continuing costs associated with thousands of product liability lawsuits, including cases involving vaginal mesh implants, hernia repair products, IVC filters and others, C. R. Bard posted a loss in the 2nd quarter of 2013.
In a quarterly report issued this week, C.R. Bard reported a loss of $161.6 million for the quarter, largely due to a $275.1 million litigation charge stemming from the legal claims against the company.
In recent years, a growing number of lawsuits have been filed against the medical device company, including more than 8,000 Bard Avaulta vaginal mesh lawsuits, more than 2,000 Kugel hernia mesh lawsuits and several dozen lawsuits over Bard IVC (inferior vena cava) filters.
This time last year, Bard reported a $133.9 million profit. As the company continues to disagree with insurance carriers over the mounting litigation costs, the charge taken this quarter negated an actual 2% increase in revenue for Bard.
According to the filing, insurance coverage with respect to Bard’s Kugel hernia mesh litigation has been depleted and the company took a $25 million charge in the first quarter in connection to those claims. The company also noted that it settled a dispute with an insurance carrier in June over $50 million in legal costs related to the Bard Avaulta mesh, but the details of the settlement were not revealed. The company noted that there was no change to the amount of insurance coverage as a result.
More legal costs may be on the horizon in relation to the lawsuits. In the first half of this year, C.R. Bard reports that it received subpoenas or Civil Investigative Demands from a number of State Attorneys General regarding the sale and marketing of its hernia mesh and vaginal mesh products.
Avaulta Mesh Lawsuits
Bard’s Avaulta products are transvaginal mesh that has been used in recent years for surgical repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and female stress urinary incontinence (SUI). Avaulta mesh has been removed from the market, amid reports that indicated women were suffering severe and debilitating injuries from mesh eroding through the vagina, causing infections and other complications.
Thousands of women are now pursuing lawsuits against Bard alleging that they designed and sold a defective and dangerous product. According to allegations raised in many of the claims, Bard used plastic in the vaginal mesh that a supplier informed them was not fit for permanent implant in humans.
Early next week, a Bard Avaulta trial is scheduled to begin in the federal court system, with the first in a series of four “bellwether” cases that have been set for early trial dates in the litigation to help the parties gauge how juries may respond to certain evidence and testimony that is likely to be repeated throughout the cases. The outcome for these early trials may influence negotiations between Bard and plaintiffs to settle Avaulta vaginal mesh cases.
Kugel Hernia Mesh Cases Mostly Settled
Bard and their Davol subsidiary have been battling lawsuits over Kugel Composix hernia mesh for the past several years, after many of the products were recalled due to reports of failure.
The Kugel Patch contained a memory recoil ring around the perimeter of the mesh, which was designed to allow the doctor to fold it during the hernia repair. It is designed to spring open once in place to lay flat. However, in many cases the plastic ring has broken, resulting in serious internal injury.
Last year, Bard reached agreements to settle most of the Kugel hernia mesh lawsuits, with reports suggesting that the medical device maker paid an average of $70,000 per claim. In July 2011, Bard announced a litigation charge of $184 million to cover anticipated costs associated with resolving Kugel hernia patch cases.
Erin

East Northport, NY

#7979 Jul 26, 2013
This is a quick and easy way to get rid of scabies! I found this article and it really helped me..they were gone overnight!:)

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
riverat

Utica, MN

#7980 Jul 27, 2013
very good erin now go see a shrink
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#7982 Jul 28, 2013
Whats scabies got do with hernias? A good flea collar ought to work,or vitiam C OJ screwdriver
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7983 Jul 29, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Whats scabies got do with hernias? A good flea collar ought to work,or vitiam C OJ screwdriver
You guys crack me up! Speaking of "Crack"....Erin, quit smoking it.lol
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7984 Jul 29, 2013
Dan H wrote:
<quoted text>
I live just outside DC. Let us know and I will be there with photos and bells on. DH
Thanks Dan! No need for bells on toes but Thanks for the thought! I am hoping that we can put together enough Mesh Victims that we can make a good showing and maybe get some media and Political limelight.Nothing to extravagant. Maybe burn an effigy of a Mesh Manufacturer on the Capital lawn! I would say we could tear up our Mesh as a show of solidarity but that wouldn't work. Mesh only tears up when in the body. Otherwise its indestructible! Anyway, I will keep everyone abreast of the plans and I hope to meet a lot of you then. Best Wishes.....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7985 Aug 2, 2013
leweythelion wrote:
Is there any lawyers handling cases for Bard mesh perfix plug? I recently had this mesh taken out for it had been causing lots of pain for some time now. The problem was finding a doctor that would take me seriously as well. After the surgery, I am in more pain than what I started with!! Which is something that I would have never guessed, seeing I was in extreme pain before I had the surgery!! The catch I do not know how permanent it the pain may be, my surgeon said it could take up 9 months before I know what is what. One of the worst parts of all this is, my left testicle has shrunk down to pretty much nothing, the cord attached to my testicle hurts non stop, including my penis, which is in constant pain now too.. It has been almost a year now that i have been able to work. Hope someone can shed some light for me.
I have been looking at your post since it came on to see if anyone else would jump in on this one but no.......So! First off....Lawyers....Bad subject on this Forum especially for men with Hernia Mesh. Google Lawyers and Pervix Hernia lawsuit and you will be able to identify the lawyers that are trying to sue. Good luck with that. It is a long, drawn out process and just because you have had a "Medical Device" go bad in you, did permanent damage to you and subsequently had to be removed does not mean you have a LAWSUIT. Seriously. Ok. Your testicle hurts and is shrinking because your spermicidal cord has been damaged and has cut off blood supply and most likely you also have nerve damage. I lost my right testicle the same way. It has to be removed. Now then, just because you have to lose a testicle does not mean you cannot have children. Your problem is going to be having sex. It will be painful, especially afterwards. Because of the blood flow problem you may have an erection problem also. This is the side effect of a Mesh removal for men with a Hernia. But as I was told by the Dr., "Hey! You have 2 of them!" And then because I am over 50, I was told "You don't really need it anyway!" ( insert cheery voice ) Uh.....gee Thanks....I was KINDA ATTACHED TO THE LITTLE BOOGER! Been with me for awhile just kinda hanging out, as it were! Sorry for the humor....you gotta laugh at stuff like this because when you tell someone about this crap they will think you are nuts. The next thing is to explain to your soon to be wife what is happening with you and what needs to be done. As I stated before, just because this is happening does not mean you cannot have children or a somewhat normal life. Have her read through previous posts on here, as you should, and get an idea of where you stand as compared to other folks on here. Many Victims of mesh cannot go to the bathroom without help or have a bag hanging off of them. Many, many women are experiencing mass problems with their Gyno/Vaginal Mesh and are losing their capacity to have children much less a normal life because of all the damage done to them. If you or your wife wants to talk, please let me know and I will be more than happy to try and sort things out for you. I am not a Lawyer or a Medical professional. I have 6 years of pain, 5 surgeries and 2 Mesh products in me.In other words I have a bit of experience and a lot of info about what Mesh is and does. I apologize for not answering sooner. Let us know how you are doing and if there is anything further we can help you with. I would ask of you to go to the MAUDE Data Base at the FDA website with all your records and make a report concerning your Mesh problems. Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7986 Aug 4, 2013
I need to make a technical wordage change...spermicidal is not right and I have no idea how I used that instead of your Inguinal Nerve Cord.
Angry as hell

Chicago, IL

#7987 Aug 4, 2013
Talked to,my lawyer the other day. My case is in with Bard right now and they believe that it will finally be settled soon. My lawyer will be meeting with them soon to agree on a settlement. It only took seven years to get to this point. I will let every one know when this happens
leweythelion

Escanaba, MI

#7988 Aug 4, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
Talked to,my lawyer the other day. My case is in with Bard right now and they believe that it will finally be settled soon. My lawyer will be meeting with them soon to agree on a settlement. It only took seven years to get to this point. I will let every one know when this happens
What kind of mesh did you have?
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#7989 Aug 4, 2013
shahnazv wrote:
Sue, did you ever have your mesh removed? How are you doing now? I had an umbilical hernia surgery in August 2008 with ventralex mesh. 6 months post surgery, i developed a pain in the area but the surgeon said nothing was wrong. A few weeks later, i developed a skin rash which was later diagnosed as lichen planus. I became pregnant shortly thereafter so all my symptoms disappeared. However, three months post partum, I had severe hives on a daily basis for almost 2 years, as well as was diagnosed with erosive lichen planus on my skin, mouth, vaginal area, and esophagus. Fast forward to today, the doctors still have me on immunosuppressants with no end in sight b/c the symptoms are still not under control. My doctor said she can't recommend the removal of the mesh right now b/c she can't find any research tying in my disease with the mesh. I'm just frustrated because I know there are similar cases like me out there but maybe not so evident. So I'm curious how your mesh removal went and how you are feeling? My email is [email protected] Thanks so much.
<quoted text>
Yes, I did have my Bard hernia mesh removed in 2011 by Dr. Raz, along with my Ethicon pelvic mesh. Although I am better the permanent damage have been done, since the poison was in me for almost 6yrs. I suffer from severe GI problems and have autoimmune disorder which requires life long usage of steroids....sigh. Althogh I have many health problems caused by the meshes, I am still grateful it was removed, I truly believe I would have died if not removed. My skin felt like it was on fire when the mesh was in me but as soon as it was removed that feeling disappeared. I can try to find pictures of my explanted mesh and my intestines that were all fused together from the chronic inflammation/infection. Basically I was allergic to the product. Have you been following the recent findings regard to the pelvic meshes? It is made from the same crappy material. Basically Chevron Phillips told Bard the mesh maker that the product is not intended for human implant let alone to be permanently implanted in to the warm body. It has been proven the material degrades as it heats up and as it oxidizes in human body. If you go to the fb page or just their website tvtno.org or medical mesh device news desk there are many links with info and reports showing clinical studies showing it is not safe for implants.
I was horrified when I initially found out the mesh manfs never did any clinical trials for safe and effectiveness. Now, it came out not only did Bard not to safety checks, they were TOLD that it was not safe by the company that made it and told Bard not to use it for permanent implants. Perhaps you can show that written document from Chevron Phillips to your doctor. The reason your doctor can't find any literature about unsafe mesh is because she is not looking in the right places or ignoring the findings. And or the doctor doesnt have the skills to remove it. Doesn't it make you sick to think you have a product that was made by Chevron in your body permanently?

I will email you my email address and phone number, we can talk if you want to.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7990 Aug 5, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did have my Bard hernia mesh removed in 2011 by Dr. Raz, along with my Ethicon pelvic mesh. Although I am better the permanent damage have been done, since the poison was in me for almost 6yrs. I suffer from severe GI problems and have autoimmune disorder which requires life long usage of steroids....sigh. Althogh I have many health problems caused by the meshes, I am still grateful it was removed, I truly believe I would have died if not removed. My skin felt like it was on fire when the mesh was in me but as soon as it was removed that feeling disappeared. I can try to find pictures of my explanted mesh and my intestines that were all fused together from the chronic inflammation/infection. Basically I was allergic to the product. Have you been following the recent findings regard to the pelvic meshes? It is made from the same crappy material. Basically Chevron Phillips told Bard the mesh maker that the product is not intended for human implant let alone to be permanently implanted in to the warm body. It has been proven the material degrades as it heats up and as it oxidizes in human body. If you go to the fb page or just their website tvtno.org or medical mesh device news desk there are many links with info and reports showing clinical studies showing it is not safe for implants.
I was horrified when I initially found out the mesh manfs never did any clinical trials for safe and effectiveness. Now, it came out not only did Bard not to safety checks, they were TOLD that it was not safe by the company that made it and told Bard not to use it for permanent implants. Perhaps you can show that written document from Chevron Phillips to your doctor. The reason your doctor can't find any literature about unsafe mesh is because she is not looking in the right places or ignoring the findings. And or the doctor doesnt have the skills to remove it. Doesn't it make you sick to think you have a product that was made by Chevron in your body permanently?
I will email you my email address and phone number, we can talk if you want to.
Mesh is made of the garbage left over after everything else petroleum can be made from is done. The crud that is left over is then extruded to produce, not only Mesh, but lawn chairs, garbage cans and plastic bags. And yes, Chevron did tell Bard that what was being sold to them ( an industrial strength Mesh ) was NOT made for or should be used for Human implants.And still the FDA will not consider recalling all mesh even with that knowledge that they have had for YEARS. Yes, it make me sick and has done for 6 1/2 years. Best Wishes......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7991 Aug 5, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
I truly hope that your settlement will be all that you would hope. I try to tell all the "Newbies" on here that these cases take years to go through the court system and there can still be an appeal. Just because you have had Mesh, been damaged by Mesh and have had to get it removed does not mean that you will be able to get your case to court and actually win.Best of Luck and Best Wishes.........
Ramshawed2011

Athens, GA

#7992 Aug 5, 2013
Lin wrote:
Morning ALL :) or ;{ Got question about not getting backing of SCREWED UP Hernia Surgery rather with or without mesh, or the type of surgery used. Lets deal with MESH SURGERY with all types of surgery. Rather open Lap what ever else . Ok Obama BuLLSHIT about Federal cutbacks, ok once a person has any type of hernia surgery they become a job risk to begin with. Not to be choosing one hernia type over others at this point, but abdominal hernias are the higher risk that employers turn down, with a very high% of not getting hired. With the more surgeries one has the more the risk. Ok getting back to my rave on Obama Federal Gov cut backs, Ok cutbacks are getting hit hard for one to get on Disability. Always you get turned away on first try, unless one is smart enough to hire attorney to begin with. Then they win case for you, they get their high% of whats due to you. If you are lucky don't die, or living on the streets Homeless, while waiting. Been their. Yet Obama wants those that get SSDisability to take bigger cuts to their payments. Yet he is brain trust have blinders on when coming to the point as to asking questions investagating as to why are their so many repeated hernia surgeries? Example myself I now have battle scar road map of the abdominal from 3 surgeries. I also know their are many more out their with more. My point is when it comes down to lawsuits, why is the fed Gov or its other medical branches like FDA, CDC, SSD, Medicare, Medicaid taking a stand for us?? For repeated surgeries do take their toal on us. causing multi other health issues.
This gripe doesn't sound like a real concern. Sounds more like your blaming Obama for mesh issues. I'm confused, he has no control over FDA and what they get "paid" to do, or what they choose to regulate. If you have a problem you may want to try writing your Govenor, get a group of folks in your area that have been affected by mesh and show up at their office, there's PLENTY of US out here.. Look You voted them in, you can vote them out. Please be about action and positive vibes on here, We all suffer enough just day to day "living", this is our outlet. Organize and get the word out. I did and found out that one of the County Commissioners has also been affected by mesh and he is presently assisting us in moving forward through the political sector. As AMU stated,$$ talks and Bull shit walks... Well, I'm Not going anywhere. The blame needs to be on the manufacturers and the FDA, lets put them on blast!!!!
Pete Delmar

Phenix City, AL

#7993 Aug 6, 2013
Ramshawed2011 wrote:
<quoted text> This gripe doesn't sound like a real concern. Sounds more like your blaming Obama for mesh issues. I'm confused, he has no control over FDA and what they get "paid" to do, or what they choose to regulate. If you have a problem you may want to try writing your Govenor, get a group of folks in your area that have been affected by mesh and show up at their office, there's PLENTY of US out here.. Look You voted them in, you can vote them out. Please be about action and positive vibes on here, We all suffer enough just day to day "living", this is our outlet. Organize and get the word out. I did and found out that one of the County Commissioners has also been affected by mesh and he is presently assisting us in moving forward through the political sector. As AMU stated,$$ talks and Bull shit walks... Well, I'm Not going anywhere. The blame needs to be on the manufacturers and the FDA, lets put them on blast!!!!
You shouldn't judge her by what you would do. Not all people vote these people in to elected offices . Due to their religon beliefs. Being all forms of government are crooked. Like other POST here it seems that money talk Bull shit walks!! yet when one gets screwed by bad surgery, and loose everything become homeless , jobless etc... in which I have seen and know of victims, one has fight for their rights however they can. Thanks for your side view.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7994 Aug 6, 2013
Ramshawed2011 wrote:
<quoted text> This gripe doesn't sound like a real concern. Sounds more like your blaming Obama for mesh issues. I'm confused, he has no control over FDA and what they get "paid" to do, or what they choose to regulate. If you have a problem you may want to try writing your Govenor, get a group of folks in your area that have been affected by mesh and show up at their office, there's PLENTY of US out here.. Look You voted them in, you can vote them out. Please be about action and positive vibes on here, We all suffer enough just day to day "living", this is our outlet. Organize and get the word out. I did and found out that one of the County Commissioners has also been affected by mesh and he is presently assisting us in moving forward through the political sector. As AMU stated,$$ talks and Bull shit walks... Well, I'm Not going anywhere. The blame needs to be on the manufacturers and the FDA, lets put them on blast!!!!
If you read through Lin's post you will find that she is wondering why the FDA, CDC etc is not up in arms about the mass problems with mesh and associated products. Obama was brought up because of his Administration's push to have ObamaCare to be THE healthcare provider in the U.S.. They also want to cut back on MediCare and MedicAid to fund this Obamanation. Lin is on MedicAid and is worried about what this will mean to her and all of her surgeries and whether or not a Mesh Victim will be taken care of or not.The blame, as Lin has stated in previous posts, is squarely on the FDA and the Manufacturers. And if I can put this out there.........It was Lin who discovered the Patent for Mesh and the submission that Mesh should not be used in the Human body if it did have adverse side effects on the body. Of course everything that the Patent holder said that Mesh SHOULD NOT DO is exactly what it IS doing.And 60 years later it is still doing it.That little find was an eye opener for many of us that are trying everyday to bring Mesh Victims, Mesh Fraud and Mesh Damage into the light of day. I for one would like to publicly THANK Lin for her search. Best Wishes........
Heres your sign

Mcpherson, KS

#7995 Aug 8, 2013
Bard Knew About Vaginal Mesh Problems Since 2002, Engineer Testifies
Posted: 08 Aug 2013 09:30 AM PDT
As the first federal trial for a product liability lawsuit over problems with vaginal mesh nears the end of the second week, the jury continues to hear evidence about how C.R. Bard knew about the risk of serious and debilitating complications associated with it’s Avaulta mesh products.
According to testimony offered by Bard engineer and team leader Douglas Evans, it appears that the medical device manufacturer may have known about the risk of Bard Avaulta mesh problems more than 10 years ago, long before thousands of women now suing the company received the product to surgically repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) or female stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
The trial involves a Bard Avaulta lawsuit brought by Donna Cisson, which is the first of more than 3,000 cases pending in the federal court system to reach a jury.
All of the lawsuits are centralized as part of an MDL, or multi-district litigation, which is pending before U.S. District Judge Joseph R. Goodwin in the Southern District of West Virginia for coordinated pretrial proceedings and a series of test cases to help the parties gauge how juries are likely to respond to evidence and testimony that may be repeated throughout a large number of cases.
Bard Avaulta mesh is one of several different types of transvaginal surgical mesh sold in recent years, which have been associated with a risk of severe and debilitating injuries caused by the mesh eroding through the vagina, causing infections and other problems. The lawsuit alleges that Bard failed to adequately warn consumers or the medical community about the risk of vaginal mesh complications.
The potential issues with vaginal mesh were laid out in a patent application Evans filed in 2002, which said:“Although some doctors are satisfied with the results they’ve achieved with synthetic sling kits, some doctors prefer not to use them due to potential infection, urethral or vaginal wall erosion because the mesh…(can) unravel, creating a fishing line effect, slicing through the patient’s tissue.”
When asked during the trial if he ever raised concerns about those problems with his superiors, Evans told jurors he could recall no such conversation.
Vaginal Mesh Litigation

Cisson’s case is the first in a series of four Bard Avaulta “bellwether” trials which will be held before Judge Goodwin in the coming months. The case originally started early last month, but ended on the second day of testimony when Judge Goodwin declared a mistrial because a witness mentioned that Bard has removed the Avaulta mesh products from the market, which is information that has been specifically excluded from the trial.
In addition to the Bard Avaulta mesh lawsuits, Judge Goodwin also presides over six different federal MDLs (Multi-District Litigations) involving different manufacturers of transvaginal mesh.
According to an updated case list (PDF) released by the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) on July 10, there are currently about 7,200 American Medical System (AMS) mesh lawsuits, 4,600 Boston Scientific mesh lawsuits, 7,100 Ethicon mesh lawsuits, 435 Coloplast bladder sling lawsuits and about 25 Cook Medical biologic mesh lawsuits.
Later this year and continuing into early 2014, additional bellwether trials are scheduled to begin involving lawsuits brought by women who were implanted with vaginal mesh products made by AMS, Boston Scientific and Ethicon.
Although this case is the first federal trial, several vaginal mesh cases have already gone before state court juries. A California jury awarded $5.5 million in damages in a Bard Avaulta lawsuit that went to trial in July 2012, and a New Jersey state court jury awarded $11.1 million in damages from Ethicon’s Gynecare Prolift mesh following a trial in March 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dana Kale 7 hr Wondering 1
Rodeo farts smell so good! Sat Moo Farts 1
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Apr 20 connieb 292
News Runoff victor to be publicly sworn in as family... (Sep '06) Apr 18 Victim 112
Melrose ave home Apr 18 tessa 1
Review: 3 Dimension Smokeshop & Gifts (Apr '13) Apr 17 Greg Sandler 14
News Fort Worth Woman Found Dead in Upscale Home Nea... Apr 12 Nancy Pelosi 2

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages