Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8257 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7954 Jul 15, 2013
Nance wrote:
I am having terrible pain for years due to sepramesh . Help
E mail
[email protected]
What help are you looking for? When were you implanted and what does your Dr. say? Let us know and we will try to put you in the right direction. Best Wishes....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7955 Jul 15, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Tabitha, if you want to privately email me your full name I will run a check to see if I can get you the status on your case! I am an independent public consultant therefore I do have access to check status but whatever information I give you please don't mistake it for legal advice! I am a consumer advocate as well and when law firms purposly avoid consumers just rubs me the wrong way!!
Sincerely,
Barb Martin
[email protected] om
If you are doing this to help Mesh Victim and NOT trolling for business I will be the first to Thank You! Please help Tabitha with her questions about her Lawyer as there are several other Victims that were on that same MDL and are also concerned about their outcome. I would also be interested on the Legality of them contacting Medicare/Medicaid to let them know about a case status and settlement arrangements without the clients knowledge or consent. Again, I hope you are trying to "Help" and if you are, Thank You.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7956 Jul 16, 2013
Here are the "Guidelines" for Deaths or Injuries caused by a Medical Device reporting to the FDA and/or the Manufacturer. The hospital where I had my surgeries had "Never Heard" from any Dr. about "Any" mesh products that were defective after implant and had to be removed. I know of at least 6 Hernia Mesh products that WERE removed because they twisted, crumpled and caused mass damage to the patient. Yet Doctors are not reporting these instances of mesh failures to the Hospital which never contacts the Manufacturer. So when we make a report to the FDA or the Manufacturer our report has no back up documentation from the Hospital as to the reason of Explant nor is the product sent to the manufacturer for evaluation. We stand alone especially if the Doctor does not respond to the FDA's request for information.( or if the FDA does NOT contact the Doctor/Hospital as in my case )So here are the "Guidelines" from the FDA's website. If they were followed by these entities as they should, we might be in a different situation right now.*********MDR Mandatory Reporting Requirements:
Manufactureers: Manufacturers are required to report to FDA when they learn one of their devices may have caused or contributed to a death or serious injury. Manufacturers must also report to FDA when they become aware that one of their devices has malfunctioned and would be likely to cause or contribute to a death or serious injury if the malfunction happened again.

Importers: Importers are required to report to FDA and the manufacturer when they learn that one of their devices may have caused or contributed to a death or serious injury. The importer must report only to the manufacturer when they become aware that one of their devices has malfunctioned and would be likely to cause or contribute to a death or serious injury if the malfunction were to happen again.

User Facilities: User Facilities (e.g., hospitals, nursing homes) are required to report a suspected medical device-related death to both the FDA and the manufacturer. User facilities should report a medical device-related serious injury only to the manufacturer. If the medical device manufacturer is unknown, the user facility should report the serious injury to FDA. A user facility is not required by the MDR regulation to report a malfunction, but can use the voluntary MedWatch program to advise FDA of problems with medical devices. Health-care professionals within a user-facility should familiarize themselves with their institution's procedures for reporting adverse events to the FDA. See "Medical Device Reporting for User Facilities1", a guidance document issued by FDA.

Best Wishes..........
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7957 Jul 17, 2013
what is Bard elliptical 8x10 ? this is what is shown on my latest surgery. Was mailed to me. haven't been to record department to get my surgery report yet. In which need to. For getting e-mails for deffective hernia surgery useage of Lap robot. thanks for any information
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7958 Jul 18, 2013
Meshoma Foundation wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Terlin, sorry to hear of your pain. I am not a doctor but have experienced mesh complications and several surgeries with continued pain. I find that Tramadol (not the extended release) although takes about 45 minutes to work does help with the burning feet and some of the groin pain, lasts about three hours, very little side effect at all for me. I have had several hundred calls from other patients who reported that Tramadol worked better for them without side effects as compared to the high doses of neurontin/gabapentin that so many patients are trying with some success but side effects. Talk to your doctor about it (also known as Ultram) if you haven't tried it already.
Avoid, smoking, caffeine (includes chocolate-sorry), high sugar foods anything that excites the nervous system and that increases inflammation and that will further entrap nerves. Try eating more anti-inflammatory foods cherries, blueberries, etc
Feel better,
Bruce Rosenberg
National Meshoma Foundation.
Tramidol can cause serious seizures. It can be highly addictive. I have personally seen it happen to a family member. It does work for pain, but some people build a resistance and need more over time. Just please use it as you would any other pain reliever and don't over use it.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7960 Jul 18, 2013
And just for Grins folks! Ever wonder what school the Dr.'s go to to learn how to install Surgical Mesh? John Hopkin's? NO! The Mayo Clinic? NO! MT Sanai? NO! This is how Dr,'s learn about Mesh Installation.*********Our Philosophy
The BARD® Surgical Education Program is designed to address the demanding needs and schedule of your surgical practice. Our objective is to provide you with focused and flexible modalities that provide in-depth education on techniques utilizing Bard's proprietary technologies.

Surgeons who participate in the BARD® Surgical Education Program benefit from:
•Instruction from leading surgeon experts in state-of-the-art minimally invasive and open surgical techniques.
•Opportunities to discuss and review surgical experience with peers.
•Interactive exchanges with expert surgeons on specific techniques.
•Opportunities to view live procedures.
•Opportunities to practice these techniques through hands-on Bioskills Labs.
BARD® Surgical Education courses cover many advanced soft tissue repair techniques, including:
Hernia Repair

•Inguinal Repair
•Ventral Repair
•Hiatal Repair
Abdominal Wall Reconstruction

•Open Component Separation
•Endoscopic Component Separation
Plastic Reconstructive Surgery

•Breast Reconstruction using acellular dermal matrix
•Abdominal Wall Repair

The following webpages will introduce you to Bard's® Surgical Education modalities, faculty and education centers. We are committed to advanced professional education – providing new skills and approaches that help you provide better outcomes to your patients.*********I feel better already! Anybody else? Best Wishes..........
Ray

Burlington, IA

#7961 Jul 18, 2013
My wife and I both had hernia surgery with mesh and have had complications and several surgeries. My last was just last Tuesday. My question is simple. Does anyone know of a lawyer who will even consider our case?

Thanks.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7962 Jul 19, 2013
Ray wrote:
My wife and I both had hernia surgery with mesh and have had complications and several surgeries. My last was just last Tuesday. My question is simple. Does anyone know of a lawyer who will even consider our case?
Thanks.
Hello Ray, I am terribly sorry that both you and your wife are dealing with Mesh complications. Welcome to a rather exclusive club. Lawyers. Where do I begin? Google Hernia Mesh Lawyers. You will find several, if not 10's of severals, advertiseing ( Trolling ) for Mesh Victims. You did not mention what Brand of Mesh you have in your posting but you will have to look for a Lawyer that is trying to put together a Lawsuit with several victims with that specific mesh. It is VERY difficult to find an Attorney to, after you give all your info and medical records, actually take you as a client. AND THEN you can hope that he/she keeps you as a client to the end of the suit. There have been a couple of bellweather cases that have settled in favor of the Plaintiff and compensation was awarded to the individual. They have been mostly Gynocological mesh cases. Please read through the past posts and you will find a few folks that were involved ( much to their dismay!) with the Rhode Island Bard/Kugel Multi District Litigation or MDL. Besides taking a long time to get to court/trial a Lawsuit of this nature is incredibly expensive to put together and present in such a way as to convince the Judge your case has merit. If you are hoping to get a huge chunk of cash for your Mesh damage, I would urge you to read through the older postings on this forum. I have had 5 surgeries and 2 mesh products. The Mesh in me now is a Kugel Small Oval with Ring. Same manufacturer technique as the Kugel Large Oval that was recalled but I have been through every major law firm in the U.S. without being able to get a Lawyer to represent me. There are many 100's victims that are having the same problem. I have had 6 firms drop me after 3-6 months for one assinine reason or the other and was dropped with as much concern as you would throwing out the garbage. Although you have been injured and damaged by a Medical Device, the FDA is not admitting to any major problems with Medical/Surgical Mesh implants. A 40%+ failure rate is not enough for the FDA to recall a mesh product much less most of them. All Mesh products are made from the same basic petroleum based chemicals no matter who makes the mesh or it's intended use. But that makes no difference to the FDA. The Kugel mesh recall was for the retaining ring that holds the mesh taught over the hernia area. Proceed mesh was recalled because of a manufacturering flaw but is now back on the market after a "Fix". There are approx. 4000 cases against Bard, J&J/Ethicon and a few others for their Gyno/Vaginal meshs'. The Gyno Mesh is now the new cash cow for the Lawyers and that is where you will find them. So, Google a Hernia Lawyer and start asking. You may get Lucky and if so, let us know. Also please go to the FDA's MAUDE data base and make a full and concise report about your mesh problems. Make sure you have your OP report with all pertinent info about the Mesh so that you have what you need for the report. Let us know how you are doing and how things are going. Best Wishes........
Ray

Burlington, IA

#7963 Jul 19, 2013
The mesh they used on me was Parietex mesh installed 3/2007 and I have had 7 surgeries since. My wife had Bard Composix mesh 2/2006 and has had 4 surgeries.
Thanks for the information and I will continue to pursue. All I really would like is for all the hospital bills to be taken care of so I do not have to file medical bankruptcy. But I too realize it is a long shot. We have already had three lawyers turn us down with the allusion that there is not enough money in it for them.
I'll keep you posted if we get any progress.
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7964 Jul 19, 2013
Ive had two more contacts from mesh victims about the Atrium CQUR in the past two days. Thats 6 or more in the past 12 months. I would think they would fix the problems with the mesh, but I suppose there have not been enough ruined lives to do so.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7965 Jul 19, 2013
Patty wrote:
Ive had two more contacts from mesh victims about the Atrium CQUR in the past two days. Thats 6 or more in the past 12 months. I would think they would fix the problems with the mesh, but I suppose there have not been enough ruined lives to do so.
Hey there Raider Lover......It surely seems that way. The odds are stacked against us in so many ways. From the continual "No conclusion" results from every FDA MAUDE report ( You would think that with over 80% of every report says "No product was sent for eval" that the FDA or Someone would start requireing a sample be sent! But, NOOooooo!), Office of Criminal Investigation of the FDA is anything but a Criminal Investigative unit when it concerns mesh, Doctors continue to use the stuff because the profit is so good, our Congressman and Senators have the attention span of a 2 year old when you talk to them about mesh,the Lawyers are worthless ( had another reject today and I never even talked to the S.O.B.)and only want the cream off the top when it comes to finding clients. I am sick of the same reply's to my letters and inquiries to Senators/Congressman/Attorney General Office's/Medical Boards and the FDA. Until one of them gets an implant or their wife/daughter/mistress/life partner/Lover/Husband does and goes bad for them, then we will hear the squeal of horror at this dispicable medical device. Then we hear the idignation of the Muckety Mucks as they wail about what Mesh has done and is doing to the innocent patient and "something must be done to save the children"! Until that time, we are S.O.L. because of the S.O.B.'s in D.C.. Catch you on the Q.T.! Best Wishes, Patty. Hope Don is feeling Ok. Take Care.....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7966 Jul 19, 2013
Ray wrote:
The mesh they used on me was Parietex mesh installed 3/2007 and I have had 7 surgeries since. My wife had Bard Composix mesh 2/2006 and has had 4 surgeries.
Thanks for the information and I will continue to pursue. All I really would like is for all the hospital bills to be taken care of so I do not have to file medical bankruptcy. But I too realize it is a long shot. We have already had three lawyers turn us down with the allusion that there is not enough money in it for them.
I'll keep you posted if we get any progress.
There have been many posts on here from Mesh Victims with the Perietex. My Mesh is basically the Composix with a plastic ring that feels like I have a saucer plate in my gut. Right off the bat, just like me, you are legally past the Statute of Limitations. NOW, if you were able to get a Lawyer to go after Bard for Personal Injury OR ( my new favorite ) Product Liability, Mail Fraud and Public Deception of a Products reliability you may be able to get somewhere. Right now 42 States are looking at J&J/Ethicon for their advertiseing practices and their product reliability. I am hoping that once that starts moving that it may be an avenue for more victims to bring suits against the Manufacturers. I send my Best Wishes to you and Your Wife. I hope that you are able to get some help and relief at some point soon. You are not alone. Take Care......
Tammie

Mayfield, KY

#7967 Jul 19, 2013
I am a victim of the Atrium C-QUR Mesh. I had a hernia repair surgery in October 2012. By the end of November 2012, I woke up one morning in pain with what appeared to be a "knot" popped up on my abdomen around my belly button. I went to the ER cause it was hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. I was told it was nothing,(keep in mind I had been complaining to my surgeon for weeks I was having pain with the hernia surgery and he kept telling me this pain was "normal")sent home. 12 hours later I was back in the ER with the same place hurting only this time, it had probably tripled in size. The ER doctor admitted me into the hospital (Sunday evening). Monday this place bursted on it's own. Any visitors I had, had to "suit" up in gloves and protective covering over their clothes to even visit me in my hospital room. There was a hole in my abdomen, you could see the mesh in the hole. Tuesday I was wheeled to surgery where I had to be opened up, the C-QUR removed and a biologic mesh made from pig intestines put back in it's place. I suffer daily from pain with this biologic mesh. I have lost my belly button due to the infected mesh surgery I had the second go round. This has been a complete nightmare for me. My stomach where the mesh was put in, is hard as a brick. I can't wear pants now that button up. I have to wear pants that have an elastic waist-band. These people need to pay for the pain, suffering, the trauma, the infection, everything they have caused us to endure. No one asks for something like this to happen. When I woke up from surgery and my surgeon came in to see me, he kinda laughed and said "well you have no belly button now". I didn't find it at all funny and to look at my stomach, it's downright disgusting looking. Of course, my surgeon is now in California...I'm in Kentucky. People have no clue what we go through with something such as this. I wish the manufacturers of this had to live a day in our shoes. I want to add, I also have Crohn's Disease. So the symptoms and pain I suffer through with that daily, I sure didn't need this on top of. Right now I am on Morphine Extended Release every 12 hours for the abdominal pain adding Lortab every 4 hours as needed for breakthrough pain. Reckon the manufacture would like to live like this? Can't hardly get out and have a social life due to taking pain medications and not being able to drive. Narcotics tend to depress me even more, but I have to do something for the pain. And yes, the meds are prescribed to me. Good luck to all who have been affected with this type of surgery.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7968 Jul 22, 2013
Dear Tammie, I have responded to so many posts such as yours over the years that when I try to express my sympathies and sorrow for what you are going through, it sounds pretty lame.But please, accept my sympathies and hope that you can feel better soon. The fact that you are not an exception to complications from mesh but actually a prime example of a Mesh victim makes it just that much worse that neither the Medical Community nor the FDA, much less the Manufacturers,will admit to the mass problems with Mesh. I can find no other example of a Medical Device with so many complaints against it that continues to be used with the FDA's blessing. There are many of us out here that continue to contact Politicians, Government Officials and Agencies and bombard them with data, facts and questions about the safety of Mesh. I hope that one day we will have some sense of retribution and some meaningful compensation for being a Guinea Pig for the Medical Manufacturers of Mesh in ALL its forms.Please try not to be discouraged or let depression take over your life. You are not alone out there with what you have been through and there are other Victims that do care. Best Wishes..........
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7969 Jul 22, 2013
I am throwing out a proposition to all of the Posters' on this Forum. Would you be interested in a Conference for Mesh Victims in Washington D.C. around April/May of 2014? I have talked to Bruce about this and if we could get a few hundred or so people together to meet, discuss and listen to Medical and Legal experts concerning Mesh then a little rally at the Capital steps? Let me know your thoughts and if we can get it together lets have a little ConFab and protest march! Thanks Mucho.....
shahnazv

Los Angeles, CA

#7970 Jul 22, 2013
Sue, did you ever have your mesh removed? How are you doing now? I had an umbilical hernia surgery in August 2008 with ventralex mesh. 6 months post surgery, i developed a pain in the area but the surgeon said nothing was wrong. A few weeks later, i developed a skin rash which was later diagnosed as lichen planus. I became pregnant shortly thereafter so all my symptoms disappeared. However, three months post partum, I had severe hives on a daily basis for almost 2 years, as well as was diagnosed with erosive lichen planus on my skin, mouth, vaginal area, and esophagus. Fast forward to today, the doctors still have me on immunosuppressants with no end in sight b/c the symptoms are still not under control. My doctor said she can't recommend the removal of the mesh right now b/c she can't find any research tying in my disease with the mesh. I'm just frustrated because I know there are similar cases like me out there but maybe not so evident. So I'm curious how your mesh removal went and how you are feeling? My email is [email protected] Thanks so much.
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I'm Gilbert, AZ. These are some of health problems I've had since my hernia mesh implant in 5/2005. After recently finding much info on the net, I am having my meshes removed (2009 had bladder sling mesh, that did my body in and I' basically disabled now)
Below are some of the symptoms after my mesh was implantation:
1. Hives daily for 6 months until I went to have treatment by an Allergist with 3 combo drugs for two months, the hives have subsided but I still have them about 2 times a month.
2. Seroma developed almost right after the surgery, did not go away for almost a year, had it syringed out when I was hospitalized.
3. I was hospitalized for 6 days with an NG tube, for partial Small Bowel Obstruction, it spontaneously went away. Went to see two different GI specialist had Upper and lower GI tests, tests were negative.
4. Developed Sebhoritic dermatitis, lasted over a year, was treated by a Dermatologist with meds, cleared up in 2-3 months.
5. Labial Lichen Sclerosis - still have it
6. Muscle and joint pains - still have it
7. Extreme fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, mood changes - still have it
8. Still experiencing tenderness and pain at the mesh site, it's been 5 1/2 yrs since the surgery.
9. Constant digestive issues, constipation, ingestion and food seems to get "stuck" in my intestines. Have frequent pains after eating.-Still have it.
10. In June of 2010, woke up with severe abdominal pain, Paramedics took me to the ER, hospitalized for 6 days, had pain management with Fentynal, Oxycontin and Dilaudid at the same time, because one or two didn't help enough for the severity of the pain. Had MRI, CT, US and blood work. Scans were negative but blood work showed inflammation but none of the doctors knew the reason for the inflmmation. My blood work late as October 2010 still shows inflmmation but no cause found. My feeling is the infection is at the mesh site.
11. Loss of hair
12. Severe depression, but who wouldn't if you had to deal with all this.
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7971 Jul 22, 2013
Tammie wrote:
I am a victim of the Atrium C-QUR Mesh. I had a hernia repair surgery in October 2012. By the end of November 2012, I woke up one morning in pain with what appeared to be a "knot" popped up on my abdomen around my belly button. I went to the ER cause it was hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. I was told it was nothing,(keep in mind I had been complaining to my surgeon for weeks I was having pain with the hernia surgery and he kept telling me this pain was "normal")sent home. 12 hours later I was back in the ER with the same place hurting only this time, it had probably tripled in size. The ER doctor admitted me into the hospital (Sunday evening). Monday this place bursted on it's own. Any visitors I had, had to "suit" up in gloves and protective covering over their clothes to even visit me in my hospital room. There was a hole in my abdomen, you could see the mesh in the hole. Tuesday I was wheeled to surgery where I had to be opened up, the C-QUR removed and a biologic mesh made from pig intestines put back in it's place. I suffer daily from pain with this biologic mesh. I have lost my belly button due to the infected mesh surgery I had the second go round. This has been a complete nightmare for me. My stomach where the mesh was put in, is hard as a brick. I can't wear pants now that button up. I have to wear pants that have an elastic waist-band. These people need to pay for the pain, suffering, the trauma, the infection, everything they have caused us to endure. No one asks for something like this to happen. When I woke up from surgery and my surgeon came in to see me, he kinda laughed and said "well you have no belly button now". I didn't find it at all funny and to look at my stomach, it's downright disgusting looking. Of course, my surgeon is now in California...I'm in Kentucky. People have no clue what we go through with something such as this. I wish the manufacturers of this had to live a day in our shoes. I want to add, I also have Crohn's Disease. So the symptoms and pain I suffer through with that daily, I sure didn't need this on top of. Right now I am on Morphine Extended Release every 12 hours for the abdominal pain adding Lortab every 4 hours as needed for breakthrough pain. Reckon the manufacture would like to live like this? Can't hardly get out and have a social life due to taking pain medications and not being able to drive. Narcotics tend to depress me even more, but I have to do something for the pain. And yes, the meds are prescribed to me. Good luck to all who have been affected with this type of surgery.
Hi Tammie, Im the one you have been emailing. I hope you are well. This is a great place where you will get a ton of support. Folks here have so much in common, and there are a few that have alot of knowledge. Just stay away from the attorney solicitors, pill pushers and people who tell you that mesh is not what caused your pain. We tare them apart. Oh yes, and Denver Bronco fans. LOL MESHED:} That's a private joke:}
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7972 Jul 22, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Dear Tammie, I have responded to so many posts such as yours over the years that when I try to express my sympathies and sorrow for what you are going through, it sounds pretty lame.But please, accept my sympathies and hope that you can feel better soon. The fact that you are not an exception to complications from mesh but actually a prime example of a Mesh victim makes it just that much worse that neither the Medical Community nor the FDA, much less the Manufacturers,will admit to the mass problems with Mesh. I can find no other example of a Medical Device with so many complaints against it that continues to be used with the FDA's blessing. There are many of us out here that continue to contact Politicians, Government Officials and Agencies and bombard them with data, facts and questions about the safety of Mesh. I hope that one day we will have some sense of retribution and some meaningful compensation for being a Guinea Pig for the Medical Manufacturers of Mesh in ALL its forms.Please try not to be discouraged or let depression take over your life. You are not alone out there with what you have been through and there are other Victims that do care. Best Wishes..........
It does NOT sound lame. It sounds genuine and caring. You are a smart man, even IF you like the wrong NFL team. Ive been writing back and forth with Tammie, she needs all the support she can get. I did ask her to file the adverse event report, and she has the medical records, with all info! She even knows about the FDA warning letter to Atrium Medical. That inspection took place not too long before her implant. Of course I know the exact response that Atrium will write RE her adverse even report. " There are NO reports of infections regarding any other Atrium meshes in this batch or lot number. Asswipes. Just like all of the other ones. Funny that there have been several reports of infections in many many mesh implants, but its NEVER the manufacturers fault, even the ones with human hair found in meshes from the manufacture plant itself. Bullshit.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7973 Jul 23, 2013
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>It does NOT sound lame. It sounds genuine and caring. You are a smart man, even IF you like the wrong NFL team. Ive been writing back and forth with Tammie, she needs all the support she can get. I did ask her to file the adverse event report, and she has the medical records, with all info! She even knows about the FDA warning letter to Atrium Medical. That inspection took place not too long before her implant. Of course I know the exact response that Atrium will write RE her adverse even report. " There are NO reports of infections regarding any other Atrium meshes in this batch or lot number. Asswipes. Just like all of the other ones. Funny that there have been several reports of infections in many many mesh implants, but its NEVER the manufacturers fault, even the ones with human hair found in meshes from the manufacture plant itself. Bullshit.
This is a subject that Bruce and I have talked about now for a couple of years. Why is it that there is never a conclusion? NEVER? So if we have hundreds, thousands of reports but the biggest hold up for the Manufacturers is that there are NO samples of their "Product" coming back for them to analyze, you would think that the FDA would then REQUIRE that all Mesh Failures be 1. REPORTED BY THE DOCTOR AND/OR THE HOSPITAL! 2. THE MESH THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED WOULD BE REQUIRED TO BE SENT TO THE MANUFACTURER VIA THE FDA WITH ALL THE RECIEPT SIGNATURES LEGIBLE AND DOCUMENTED. But, NOOOoooooo! Even the reports on MAUDE that have had a sample ( Damn few of them!) are found to be inconclusive. I had my Mesh frozen and held in the Pathology Lab freezer for 4 years and had offered it to the FDA and to J&J/Ethicon without a reply. Of course this is B.S.! Of course it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to the Manufacturers "Conclusions" but at least it would seem as if they are "Trying". It makes no sense to me what so ever that there are not solid legal requirements to have all Mesh Failures reported and the Mesh sent for analisis. Unless they don't give a damn one way or the other about the Mesh recipient. My money is on the "Don't give a damn" column. Always good to hear from you Patty! But really..... when you have to go to the Tammy Fae School of Cosmetology ( OK Girls! Pick up your Trowel!) and a penchant for Skulls to be a Raider Fan.........lol! Best Wishes.......
leweythelion

Escanaba, MI

#7974 Jul 24, 2013
Is there any lawyers handling cases for Bard mesh perfix plug? I recently had this mesh taken out for it had been causing lots of pain for some time now. The problem was finding a doctor that would take me seriously as well. After the surgery, I am in more pain than what I started with!! Which is something that I would have never guessed, seeing I was in extreme pain before I had the surgery!! The catch I do not know how permanent it the pain may be, my surgeon said it could take up 9 months before I know what is what. One of the worst parts of all this is, my left testicle has shrunk down to pretty much nothing, the cord attached to my testicle hurts non stop, including my penis, which is in constant pain now too. I am only 31 years old, I am getting married in less then a month. My wife to be and I were planning on having more children, we have one already, but regardless, how is this going to affect us having kids? I know right now I have no interest in sex at all! Which is horrible, because I had a very large sexual appetite before the surgery!!! Not only, how difficult will it be for me to produce a child for my wife with my shrunken teste? Now I have medical bills piling up, because In currently have no insurance. I am a union construction worker, so i have to work to have insurance. It has been almost a year now that i have been able to work. Hope someone can shed some light for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disability Attorney in DFW area Jul 22 Msolis99 1
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Jul 20 clb 303
Work in Ft Worth Jul 19 RecruiterGarcia 1
News Was This Historic Gay Bar the Victim of Arson? Jul 18 Dr Reker s Bellhop 6
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Jul 18 kerirae 33
Paschal High School Girls of the 80's (Jun '15) Jul 18 Rusty Fralia 26
News Rainbow Lounge, destroyed by fire, will reopen ... Jul 15 Bruce King 5

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages