Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8240 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

George E

Paramount, CA

#7555 Mar 18, 2013
Has any one had a mesh removed? I live in LA, I was looking at petersen in Las Vegas , has any one had a mesh removed by him? Email me at
[email protected]
George e

Paramount, CA

#7556 Mar 18, 2013
schneider wrote:
I'm going to be careful naming names, but I was operated on by a supposed Best doctor for mesh removal and I am not doing well. That doctor is nott interested in helping me, in fact I can't even speak to him. All his calls go to his assistant and she is definitely NOT a doctor. I have not found a single person on this message board who has had a successful outcome with this doctor, yet people talk about him like he is GOD. I JUST WANT TO WARN YOU ALL TO BE CAREFUL. Just because someone has a good PR doesn't mean crap. I picked this doctor over another big doctor here where I live because I heard privately that she was also not takinng care of people. People have an agenda folks!
Can you email me his name? I'm in LA and want to get my mesh removed. [email protected]
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7557 Mar 18, 2013
George E wrote:
Has any one had a mesh removed? I live in LA, I was looking at petersen in Las Vegas , has any one had a mesh removed by him? Email me at
[email protected]
George, there have been at least one that I know of right off the bat and "Patty" likes the "Raiders" also.( god knows why, since the Broncos are the best! ;>)) Her Husband recently had an explant by Dr. Peterson in Las Vegas. I hope she will respond and give you a better idea than I. ANY explant is dangerous and there is never a promise to be"Normal" again. We have been damaged and scarred by mesh. We have nerve damage, possible damage to our intestinal trac and more. But if you are able and do it with all the information available to you, I think most of us would go for it if we had half the chance. But again, it is a risk one way or the other. My Prolene was removed and I felt SO much better until later. That was because they replaced it with another mesh. If you are a good canidate for a removal with a "stitch" repair or something comprable then, if you feel right about it, I would do it in a Nerw York minute. I wish you the Best of Luck, George. And if Patty is reading again on here,( Hello you Raider Lover!) help George out, Please. Take Care........
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7558 Mar 18, 2013
And George, I believe that "Schneider" is posting with Dr. Ramshaw in mind and not Dr. Peterson. I believe that, Dr. Ramshaw has done "some" good work in the past but he is still in the manufacturers good graces and all that comes with. That in itself is enough to not trust his P.R., reputation or supposed track record. Best Wishes....
George e

Paramount, CA

#7559 Mar 18, 2013
I just had my surgery 1-08-2013, bilateral inguinal hernia surgery, my pains is when I stand and move around , it's like a stabbing pain.it give me pain in my lower abdomen. I want to get them taken out and have it stitched back. I was wondering if the longer I wait, will more scar tissue build up ? My surgeon seems clueless, he says it might be a tack but that's it and give me pain meds and inflammatory pills, he gave me some kind of shot to numb area today. I doubt any if that will work. Thanks for advise. I am afraid of loosing my job since I can do anything.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7560 Mar 19, 2013
George e wrote:
I just had my surgery 1-08-2013, bilateral inguinal hernia surgery, my pains is when I stand and move around , it's like a stabbing pain.it give me pain in my lower abdomen. I want to get them taken out and have it stitched back. I was wondering if the longer I wait, will more scar tissue build up ? My surgeon seems clueless, he says it might be a tack but that's it and give me pain meds and inflammatory pills, he gave me some kind of shot to numb area today. I doubt any if that will work. Thanks for advise. I am afraid of loosing my job since I can do anything.
I do not blame you for wanting to get the mesh out,George. Yes, the mesh will cause MORE scarring as time goes on because that is what it was designed to do. The longer the wait, the more inflamation etc.. Your Surgeon, although " seemingly" clueless probably does not want to go back in and do any more surgery. You blame the mesh for your pain and discomfort and that is totally understandable. In fact you are probably right about that. The problem being is your Surgeon is now wondering if he can be blamed for whatever has happened to you. I, too, was given a "shot" in the abdomen in the early years about 1 tear after implant. And damn if it did not relieve the pain. For about 3 hours. It was that shot that convinced me that them going in and CUTTING my nerves would more than likely solve my pain problem. The Dr.'s were convinced also as I could not convince anyone of them to take the mesh out. The Nerve Cut DID NOT WORK! In fact, the WRONG, nerves were cut ( which I found out later is more often the case than not ) and it made things worse. So, call Dr. Petersons office in Las Vegas and talk to them. Get your MRI/CT scan/Sonogram on CD and get a copy to him for eval. I am not saying you will "be cured" and "all will be normal". But the pressure, continual scarring and possibly the continued assault on your body will stop. Its a hard decision but I was in the same place as you are now 6 years ago. It is too late for me but maybe not for you. Weigh the options. If you have any questions, ask Dr. Peterson. AND PLEASE CONTACT THE FDA MAUDE REPORT SITE AND MAKE A FULL AND DETAILED REPORT! If you have the mesh removed, save it at a medical facility until it can be examined by competent authority. Get still and Video of the explant and the mesh that is removed. Remember, if it is removed via laproscopy it will be in pieces. Let us know and Best of Luck, George......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7561 Mar 19, 2013
Hello, George. You asked who took my mesh out. His name is Dr. Steven Sawyer in Colorado. He lost his surgical privledges at the hospital where I was operated on and "may" be in Arizona. Although he did take out the mesh, he then replaced it with another mesh. My question has always been, if the First mesh gave me a reaction SO BAD that it had to be removed on an Emergency basis why in the name of God would you reinstall another mesh? But that is neither here nor there and it is past history that I can do nothing about. I can't even sue HIM. I got to talk to him for about 5 minutes one day at the hospital when I ran into him as I was researching why no one at the Hospital seemed to know why my mesh was removed and why, even though it was clearly marked, taped and labeled NOT TO DEStROY, it still was.I told him that I was still having pain, bulging and other problems and his responce was " Well, your walking! Thats better than you were when I first saw you in the Emergency Room!". And then he quickly ducked into a "Restricted" area and was gone. You S.O.B.
George e

Paramount, CA

#7562 Mar 19, 2013
That's is horrible to hear. I wish they had to go thru this so they could see how crippling it is and how your life changes. Dr. Petersen"s office will call me either today or tomorrow to schedule and appointment, from what my surgeon told me I had small hernia"s. I will ask them all the question and find out what I need to take. I hope we find a cure for this mess. You have been if great help. Glad to have places to go and speak to people who are having same complications.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7563 Mar 19, 2013
George e wrote:
That's is horrible to hear. I wish they had to go thru this so they could see how crippling it is and how your life changes. Dr. Petersen"s office will call me either today or tomorrow to schedule and appointment, from what my surgeon told me I had small hernia"s. I will ask them all the question and find out what I need to take. I hope we find a cure for this mess. You have been if great help. Glad to have places to go and speak to people who are having same complications.
Thanks You George! All of us on this forum want to have some resolution to our problems with mesh. Most of us will never get it. That is the 800lb gorilla in the room. No matter what is done, medically or financialy, we have been damaged and disfigured. Dr. Peterson still uses mesh on some patients but has a much better understanding and protocal for those issues. He has been lambasted by the Medical community because of his negative feelings about and the "wholesale" use of mesh as the cure all. Although Dr. Ramshaw is a very experienced surgeon and has come out "on occasion" to say that mesh is bad, he will not buck the system or the Status Quo. He will not stand up and admit that their is an inherent problem with most meshs. When the Big Medical companies do their conferences and promote their latest technique or mesh product he steps up to the "Trough" just like the other little piggies. They get schmoozed and boozed. They get their Hotels and meals paid for and they are made to feel special. The FDA gets grants and money from the Big Medical manufacturers as well and they are always the first to step OVER the victim to get to the feed. That is just the reality of how these things work. Screw the victims! I want my piece of the pie! There is just too much money involved and the corruption that follows it. Best Wishes and Please let us know how your experience goes with Dr. Peterson.......
George e

San Leandro, CA

#7564 Mar 19, 2013
I will keep you guys updated on that, it's hard to find post where people have healed , because they never come back to update every one, so we are all left in the dark on what happened. I will keep you guys updated.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7565 Mar 19, 2013
George e wrote:
I will keep you guys updated on that, it's hard to find post where people have healed , because they never come back to update every one, so we are all left in the dark on what happened. I will keep you guys updated.
Another reason I have turned into the Evil Ogre from hell. The Hernia Conference was a joke apparently. Anyone with a differing view of the use of mesh was basically left out and not part of the "In" crowd.There was vey little interest in changing what is happening now. On another tack Dr. William Rea, although with methods not in the norm, has been refered to by Dr. Ramshaw apparently. He has been accused "Anonimously" in Texas of doing such treatments as injecting "Jet Fuel" into a patient. Supposedly 5 people were to have made complaints. When it all came down 4 out of the 5 had "NO" complaints and had "NO IDEA" how their name became involved in a supposed "Complaint". The 5th was another Dr. who later stated that it was a "Mid Life Crisis" and probably would have gone away eventually. He did not want to make an Official Complaint either. So, we have people that are trying to do something, at least somewhat positive, and we have Dr.'s of the Status Quo that get money and Grants and Perks and we have Dr.'s that don't. I am not a proponent of the Herbalist Treatment of getting my caffiene absorbed through an opening better suited to defacating. BUT! People say they have been "Poisoned" and some say that treatment worked for them. OK? Well, good! They are the supposed "Outside of the Establishment"set. But what is the difference between a Dr. who knowingly puts a piece of plastic in someone and it stays there for ever, ready begin. OR! The guy that try's to purge you of your "Chemical" imbalance. We all need to make Reports to the FDA. There are the have nots and the "Haves" when it comes to mesh.......
Chuck

Pell City, AL

#7566 Mar 20, 2013
Just for a quick lol, A RedNeck named Devil Dog. wrote this Ad, for all Twinkie fans. RedNeck ad reads, I wonder if this Flower named Ho Ho can play with your Twinkies Ding Dong? Quess someone will get a raise out of this.
ALbert

Birmingham, AL

#7567 Mar 20, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Just for a quick lol, A RedNeck named Devil Dog. wrote this Ad, for all Twinkie fans. RedNeck ad reads, I wonder if this Flower named Ho Ho can play with your Twinkies Ding Dong? Quess someone will get a raise out of this.
Chuck looks like you made some one upset! LOL you left out Little Debbie and Sara Lee. I thought it to be funny.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7568 Mar 21, 2013
This will be my last post for ?. File reports if you want. If not, then do not wonder why nothing is going forward. Call your Senators, Congressman, Attorney General if you decide you have the time. Good luck with your Doctors. Hope you can find a lawyer that actually will do what they are supposed to. Good Luck with the MDL cases. C Ya....
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7569 Mar 21, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> George, there have been at least one that I know of right off the bat and "Patty" likes the "Raiders" also.( god knows why, since the Broncos are the best! ;>)) Her Husband recently had an explant by Dr. Peterson in Las Vegas. I hope she will respond and give you a better idea than I. ANY explant is dangerous and there is never a promise to be"Normal" again. We have been damaged and scarred by mesh. We have nerve damage, possible damage to our intestinal trac and more. But if you are able and do it with all the information available to you, I think most of us would go for it if we had half the chance. But again, it is a risk one way or the other. My Prolene was removed and I felt SO much better until later. That was because they replaced it with another mesh. If you are a good canidate for a removal with a "stitch" repair or something comprable then, if you feel right about it, I would do it in a Nerw York minute. I wish you the Best of Luck, George. And if Patty is reading again on here,( Hello you Raider Lover!) help George out, Please. Take Care........
Hello Bronco Lover!!!
Don actually did not go to Dr. Peterson for his removal. The mesh had done some real damage, so the same doc who put it in took it out.(Once the mesh has caused damage its sometimes hard to just do a simple repair. Perhaps if the mesh manufacturers did not brainwash our brilliant surgeons then they would look beyond and find other ways to repair those very small hernias).Then that one was removed by a surgeon in Oregon as well. His doctors did listen to him. Not at first, but after a while he was taken seriously. His surgeon rode the pain train with him, did everything possible to help. Here he is today in the same boat as he was the day of his surgery 18 months ago. And sweetheart, you are wrong about Denver. The ONLY best thing about DENVER is Peyton!! take that check to the bank and cash it! Patty
evan

Pompano Beach, FL

#7570 Mar 21, 2013
Is your husband doing better?
Patty wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Bronco Lover!!!
Don actually did not go to Dr. Peterson for his removal. The mesh had done some real damage, so the same doc who put it in took it out.(Once the mesh has caused damage its sometimes hard to just do a simple repair. Perhaps if the mesh manufacturers did not brainwash our brilliant surgeons then they would look beyond and find other ways to repair those very small hernias).Then that one was removed by a surgeon in Oregon as well. His doctors did listen to him. Not at first, but after a while he was taken seriously. His surgeon rode the pain train with him, did everything possible to help. Here he is today in the same boat as he was the day of his surgery 18 months ago. And sweetheart, you are wrong about Denver. The ONLY best thing about DENVER is Peyton!! take that check to the bank and cash it! Patty
George E

San Leandro, CA

#7571 Mar 21, 2013
Update .. I spoke to Dr petersen , he told me to wait another month and to see if I can heal on my own. If it doesn't to give him another call and I can schedule for an appointment to have surgery.
patty

United States

#7572 Mar 21, 2013
George E wrote:
Update .. I spoke to Dr petersen , he told me to wait another month and to see if I can heal on my own. If it doesn't to give him another call and I can schedule for an appointment to have surgery.
wouldnt he want a consult first? He does them in his office, not a hospital. He has his own staff . If your hernia is too large or complicated he wont do it. I wish you the best of luck, I really do. Has he seen your Ct scans or medical records yet?
George

Flagstaff, AZ

#7573 Mar 22, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
This will be my last post for ?. File reports if you want. If not, then do not wonder why nothing is going forward. Call your Senators, Congressman, Attorney General if you decide you have the time. Good luck with your Doctors. Hope you can find a lawyer that actually will do what they are supposed to. Good Luck with the MDL cases. C Ya....
AMU - Buddy - lookie here, there is hope that the evilness of the medical device industry will see the light of day...
PBS show starting with the Linda Gross trial -
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/health/n...

It is cool that you step down as the grand ambassador to all things hernia mesh related on this TOPIX post.
You also need to tend to YOUR health!! G
George E

Paramount, CA

#7574 Mar 22, 2013
Got my paperwork from doctor today, a prolene mesh was used. Where do I go to file a complaint on mesh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Fri Steph 30
Kids Obstacle Challenge is Making a Muddy Splas... Mar 23 KidsObstacleChall... 1
News Texas 'affluenza' teen's lawyers seek his relea... Mar 22 JAMESEY 1
News New satellite helps track wildfires in Texas, O... Mar 21 NewPhartss 1
Retrofest Mar 19 Magdiel 1
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Mar 15 LEEHAA 288
Dollar General Mar 3 Booty liqr 1

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages