Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...
Comments
7,001 - 7,020 of 8,070 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7433 Mar 4, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi All M..how are you feeling? As you may be aware I am now facing some sort of blood disease and or infection. Whatever you were going to share in you email, would you please be so kind to share it on this site. Telstra still have not got their shite together, and I am still without any network coverage. I only get limited access on my I Pad. Kindest regards Sonia. PS notice that Alt Me...has not been on this site? Or I have not looked close enough!
Hello Sonia, no, Mini-Me has not been back on the site. I had a long talk with Bruce about the Surgisis mesh. 1. Surgisis is probably the best mesh on the market today when dealing with a patient with infection problems.( I can hear you yelling from here, Sonia!) 2. There is a history of increased infection post operative with Surgisis. But what the "community" is thinking is that the infection was already in the body before Surgisis was installed and that when the surgeon went in he spread that infection. The infection may have been in a stasis or non viable UNTIL you were operated on. The infection took off, your weakened immune system was not ready for the onslaught and the Surgisis became a petry dish for the infection. Although the Sugisis is made from the Pigs intestinal tract the process that makes Surgisis into a mesh product kills any infections within the cell structure. That being said, there is the possibility that because of the location of implant, type and location of infection, immune system weakness AND the possibility of virus's and microbes in the OPERATIVE ROOM that could be introduced during surgery plus the surgeon ( you had some interesting descriptives of him!) possibly doing something wrong could lead up to what you are dealing with now. Unlike a lot of Mesh products Surgisis actually has a better "track" record that most others. Looking on the internet about Surgisis though there is a remarkable amount of infections in Australia as compared to the United States. There is a blog site for women in Australia who are suffering from Gyno/Vaginal meshs and Surgisis is mention in the forefront. There may be a correlation to those infections and who or where the surgeries were done. Its not much Sonia but I hope it gives you some thoughts as to other possibilities. As always Dear Lady, I send my Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7434 Mar 4, 2013
Good Morning Blair. I should be "glowing" now from all the "scans" I have had. I will have to say that Sonagrams seem to be better at detecting mesh and what its doing rather than MRIs' or CT scans. I hope you are not back on the track for more cancer, Sir. I will keep you in my thoughts and again Thank You for all of your contributions to this forum. Be Well.......
tabby

Newnan, GA

#7435 Mar 4, 2013
mesh sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I developed hives within a month of the mesh implant as well. Of course the surgeon denied meshes causes allergic reaction, which was a lie. I have also developed several autoimmune disorders. Mesh is poison, it ruins bodies then lives...you need it removed asap. It only gets worse. Yes, it is true removing is more difficult and that is part of the reason surgeons deny the mesh is the cause. But if you don't have it removed you will worsen. Once mesh has been placed the body will never be like the premesh days...I'm sorry to hear your story but I know all too well of your sufferings.

I am having the same exact problem.
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#7436 Mar 4, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Good Morning Blair. I should be "glowing" now from all the "scans" I have had. I will have to say that Sonagrams seem to be better at detecting mesh and what its doing rather than MRIs' or CT scans. I hope you are not back on the track for more cancer, Sir. I will keep you in my thoughts and again Thank You for all of your contributions to this forum. Be Well.......
Ok what happens if one has BM in the dark? Glow in the Dark Tirds?
Lin

Sylacauga, AL

#7437 Mar 4, 2013
How often does Bruce come on here? Bruce I just sent picture of CT Scan.
Lin

Sylacauga, AL

#7438 Mar 4, 2013
ok Hi guys, just got copy of Ct Scan on Cd. Ok above where the last repair was done cann't see mesh can the titanium tacks in an oval pattern. Yet above the repair I'm not sure what I'm looking at, put looks like holes around upper part of abdominal, yet under last rib area . Any ideas ass what Im looking at?
dmaria

Staten Island, NY

#7439 Mar 4, 2013
I have a ct scan and I can clearly see the mesh shredded in pieces. However, I have no muscle wall in the center part of my abdomen. Lower has muscle, but above belly button I don't have anything. Mesh was all that is supposed to be holding me. Life is difficult for me cause of this. Remember, ct scan are slices of you laying down looking like from you head inside your body. If you have muscle wall there and mesh is attached to it, I'm not sure you would see it.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7440 Mar 5, 2013
Lin wrote:
How often does Bruce come on here? Bruce I just sent picture of CT Scan.
Bruce usually scans this site if not daily then every other day if he is not traveling. I will leave him a message today and let him know Lin.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7441 Mar 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> Ok what happens if one has BM in the dark? Glow in the Dark Tirds?
A "New" Green Energy source! Lets send a prototype to President Obama today!!
steven435

Cameron, MO

#7442 Mar 5, 2013
BLAR,im steve,s wife.he has bean very ill but he is getting better.he wants you to know ther is a phone conference 3-07=2013 at 1:00pm you can lissen in on. he wants you to know he did not settle.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7443 Mar 5, 2013
steven435 wrote:
BLAR,im steve,s wife.he has bean very ill but he is getting better.he wants you to know ther is a phone conference 3-07=2013 at 1:00pm you can lissen in on. he wants you to know he did not settle.
My Best Wishes to you and Steve in hopes that all will go as you want and need.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7444 Mar 5, 2013
steven435 wrote:
Thank you so much, Steven and i have so much in common, age, surgerys,time frame,tell him i have been thinking of him and trying to make contact on other sites. I am wishing him the best in his recovery, makes me sick to think what these mesh implants have done to all of us. We were just in our prime of life(50)and here it is a decade later and he is still suffering. Tell him thanks for the info, sometimes life is not fair but we cannot give up, he is so lucky to have a caring wife as i did to keep telling us, not to give up. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7445 Mar 5, 2013
Do any of you have bowel and urinating problems with no urge to go just presure in abdomin. Straining to defacate. With no relief when you go?so painful to sit because presure in abdomin,making it difficult to take a deep breath?
Lin

Sylacauga, AL

#7446 Mar 5, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Do any of you have bowel and urinating problems with no urge to go just presure in abdomin. Straining to defacate. With no relief when you go?so painful to sit because presure in abdomin,making it difficult to take a deep breath?
I got say that I also have these problems. I have UI Bladder control on Vescare, no mesh. Drink more bottled water, eat prunes, or jucie. Raisan bran cereal. Yet like you sometimes I get like an inter spasma from inter bowels up the back into lower neck feel like a electrical shock thru out system into the brain.
Lin

Sylacauga, AL

#7447 Mar 5, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>Bruce usually scans this site if not daily then every other day if he is not traveling. I will leave him a message today and let him know Lin.
AMU thanks did you get an email of a scan yesterday? I have been in contact with Bruce B. Thank You.
Nonie Wideman

Edmonton, Canada

#7448 Mar 5, 2013
Nonie Wideman

Edmonton, Canada

#7449 Mar 5, 2013
any help with the surveys posted above will be very appreciated......let's report what doctors appear not to have reported and studied......autoimmune issues, and foreign body response causing mesh degradation which causes exacerbated chronic inflammation which appears to cause mesh recipients higher rates of autoimmune issues.....
Chuck

Opelika, AL

#7450 Mar 6, 2013
Deadly Superbugs in hospitals? CBS News this morning, In my e-mail box. General Surgery News, International Hernia Collaboration. Surgeons on Facebook. Hernia Repair Forum buzzes on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/herniacollab/ .
Chuck

Opelika, AL

#7451 Mar 6, 2013
Made a mistake, on above facebook site, has a conection to wjife facebook page.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7452 Mar 6, 2013
Nonie Wideman wrote:
any help with the surveys posted above will be very appreciated......let's report what doctors appear not to have reported and studied......autoimmune issues, and foreign body response causing mesh degradation which causes exacerbated chronic inflammation which appears to cause mesh recipients higher rates of autoimmune issues.....
Would be more than happy to do your survey but your link just takes me to the Face Book survey page. Where do I need to go from there? Thanks.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 min Defiant1 22,302
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr JPL 17,883
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 2 hr That Fart Guy 768
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 20 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 21 hr That Fart Guy 722
Irish Traveller Neighborhoods in Fort Worth, TX (Jul '12) Thu Tim Pat Coogan 498
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
•••
•••
•••

Benbrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Benbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••