Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 345)

Showing posts 6,881 - 6,900 of8,024
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, thank you very much I know you have a lot on your plate. I have actually found studies on this porcine bomb dating back to 2008, and there have been trials on animals, the controled did much bettern than the porcine and yes there were some nasty bacteria growing on the piggy mesh. Again I appreaciate everything you are doing. You know one day we will win it is time but time most of dont have because our conditions are ticking bombs, but my moto and I will keep this up until I curl my toes, never give up, perserveance and stick it to them continually. Kindest regards Sonia
Just a couple of other things as you can see I am really pis...off with that Alt creten, and nearly got into trouble with mediator, but really it's people like him/her that make our situation even worse. I reported the piggy mesh to your FDA and also under another name gave it to Cook Medical Pty Ltd Australia, one of the other horrific things with the piggy mesh is that apparently when implanted attracts your own cells that means it is gobbled up and then becomes part of your DNA. I have not been able to work for over 7 years now, not because of the mesh that is recent, but I really enjoy research, if you know of anyone who would employ a good research, experienced in law etc let me know. Keep fighting and as I said we will win one day, in the meantime we got each other. Kindest regards Sonia and I meant what I said "Alt...."' get of this site.

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Hi All Meshed Up I am replying to your response to Allien Baby; Hi I agree with everything you say, and yes we do have a war and if we stick together, perservere and be determined and stick it to whoever whatever at every opportunity, and many doctors people have found out that I dont go away, and prove the bloody doctors wrong, as I have recently new Colorectal Surgeon, oh its chronic pain see a psychologist you are overweight, these are the most quoted statements when it is too difficult a hell and a shit fight we dont want to get involved etc. So I told the good doctor and gave him a medical test that showed I had three very badly bulging discs and added together 16/10 for 24/7 pain for 6.5 years, and guess what I did have an injury and it did not heal this is my spine not this mesh thing. Again thank you for all your effort and let me know what Bruce says. Kindest regards Sonia
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

George wrote:
<quoted text>
terlin,
Yes - as you heal there can be pain around the incision for months. If the wound itself is red, warm or hurts see you Doc, to be sure it is not an infection. Bloating is common with the mesh scaring process.
Be strong- G
Had my mesh removed oct 26 2012 no visible signs of infection , but gastro says I have problem with anal sphincters not coordinating, but also have difficulty urinating, gut is so painful and bloated can't sit pushing up to ribs hard to twist ears ringing cold all the time hurts to breath. I have bowel movements every day but no relief.severe muscle loss, loss of balance , don't know if this is linked to my neuropathy or not, neuropathy much worse since mesh implanted in 2011 and now removed last oct. ands things getting much worse spend most of my time in bed. I'm loosing my mind literley. Could this be an autoimmune desiese?
Jus Me

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

FED-UP wrote:
to Alien Baby- Why is your father in law in catagory 6? Makes no sense...if he had his defective mesh taken out..and it went to lab and was proven to be defective he should be in at least category 1 or 2, which is a big difference in settlement amount. Hopefully his attorneys are working on this. I was a category 5, until they took my mesh out and saw it was broken and crunched into a ball of flesh and nerves..perhaps he does not have one the meshes with the ring' to make it unfurle and lie flat. I wounder if he has the same attorneys as me..out of New york..and filing in Maryland? we should talk, but not on this site..email at iriscs95@gmail.com for more privacy if you want...we should compare notes..Anyone else out there with a kugel mesh w/broken ring that has gone through an ex plant surgery and being lied to by their paid off attorneys please contact me as well through that email address. I think I am writing a book about personal stories, going public and NEVER signing a settlement agreement with these lying over paid no talent corporate HACKS. I would keep your identity secret, only want your personal story of pain, suffering, and deception. Even if you do not want to have your secret story published I would like to compare notes on how you are surviving and offer any advice and supportt that I can. IT"S ON !!! Wait to see me on the News or bookstore.... screw them ..no amount of moeny is worth what they have done and CONTINUE to do.
Plublish away Fedup, I have two explants under my belt (New redesigned kugel mesh and Collamend fm) I received the new redesigned kugle mesh after the recall. It was explanted a year later in emergency surgery after a horrific year of pain and infections it was replaced with collamend (Pig skin) it was a repeat of the year before and another explant before the year ended. Beleive it or not after emergency explant and additional explant a year later and multipal infections i had no choice but to have more mesh implanted. A sad truth about mesh it was implanted for a reason and when the mesh fails it causes grave problems. I am lucky to be alive. But I am and there is renewed hope. Considering what i have went through I am afraid to tell people just how the ordeal finaly ended. The type of surgery i received and the product they used seems to have resolved the problem. that is not saying it has not been painfull or a hard strugle I am saying the fight was worth it and there are DR out there that can and do help us regain some portion of our lives back. Ironcially the manufature that made the defective products implanted in me is also responable for making the medical device that resolved the problem. Katgilla@cableone.net
ALIEN BABY

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

FED-UP wrote:
to Alien Baby- Why is your father in law in catagory 6? Makes no sense...if he had his defective mesh taken out..and it went to lab and was proven to be defective he should be in at least category 1 or 2, which is a big difference in settlement amount. Hopefully his attorneys are working on this. I was a category 5, until they took my mesh out and saw it was broken and crunched into a ball of flesh and nerves..perhaps he does not have one the meshes with the ring' to make it unfurle and lie flat. I wounder if he has the same attorneys as me..out of New york..and filing in Maryland? we should talk, but not on this site..email at iriscs95@gmail.com for more privacy if you want...we should compare notes..Anyone else out there with a kugel mesh w/broken ring that has gone through an ex plant surgery and being lied to by their paid off attorneys please contact me as well through that email address. I think I am writing a book about personal stories, going public and NEVER signing a settlement agreement with these lying over paid no talent corporate HACKS. I would keep your identity secret, only want your personal story of pain, suffering, and deception. Even if you do not want to have your secret story published I would like to compare notes on how you are surviving and offer any advice and supportt that I can. IT"S ON !!! Wait to see me on the News or bookstore.... screw them ..no amount of moeny is worth what they have done and CONTINUE to do.
Hello, he is or would be if I could find someone to represent him, in the 6 category because his is composix e/x, not the kugel with the ring. and if you have looked on FDAs site there are just as many non kugel "adverse advents" without kugel attached to it as with kugel. so because that word kugel isnt in any of his paperwork, o.r. reports, etc., noone will take him on.even though his lot has same letters as a recalled batch, even though he is severely disfigured(alien baby pregancy not funny but try to find the sick humor)and to All Meshed, I know where Pops doc is, he has turned his fraudulent claims in to the insurance companies, been paid millions and disappeared while his son Dr Salartash JR has opened a new,state of the art vein clinic, Salartash Vein Clinic check it out. Yep, Pops surgeries helped pay for that is he getting paid out of their profits? No of course not, that cash goes to the damn lobbyists who allow this fraud to continue. and $ that should go to the victims is probably paying for defense of the companies. It IS a war that will continue and its sad that We The People get ignored. Our government allows this and its sickening that since the early 2000's complaints have been made, the companies/manufacturers change one tiny piece of thread and put a "new, reinforced" faulty defective piece of crap mesh on the market more people get hurt and it just goes on and on in a viscious cycle. AMU, it wont end, it will be a lifelong battle and we have each other for support. They cant make me quit fighting for justice, compensation or no compensation at this point doesnt matter, its principle now. Fair is fair and right is right AND THIS IS JUST WRONG!!!
Blair

Stratford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Part three of this story, it's time the health system woke up. The doctors keep protecting the mesh company's. More and more victims every day!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/hot-topics/Tags/Surgica...
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I want to Thank All of the participants of this forum. Participating in this discussion whether just blowing off steam or imparting meaningful information is essential for all of us. We, the victims of mesh, are in a VERY bad situation. Until the FDA comes out and admits mesh is 99.9% bad, that there was and is a conspiracy within the FDA and the medical community ( this includes the manufacturers and Dr.'s ) we are not going to see the justice that all of us want and need. Jus Me stated, and its true, that there are good reasons to use mesh in certain situations. But we as a group were implanted with mesh for every concievable reason. I had a very simple Inguinal Hernia and was never asked or told that I was soon to be the proud owner of a Prolene mesh. Now I have Kugel mesh. I, like all of us, will never be the same. That is our lot in life now and we have to try to do the best we can. Many "newbies" come on this forum looking for answers about their mesh and what they can do. We as a group recommend Dr's that perform explants and in some cases, Lawyers that can "represent" them. All well and good. We also ask that every mesh victim contact the FDA's MAUDE data base to file a complaint. Fully 97% of all mesh implantees that are having a problem do not do that. If we as a group cannot get those other 97% of victims to make that report we are ALL SCREWED. Getting a Lawyer to try and get some sort of compensation is great but that will take YEARS and the outcome I will say right now does not look good. Your health, whether mental or physical or both, should be the priority. But we, and I include all the "newbies", have to come together to protest our situation to anyone that will listen. We need numbers! We need our Senators and Congressman to be so overwhelmed that they have no excuse but to open REAL investigations. We will NOT get a CBS, NBC or Fox news report about all of this if we do not get our Senators and Congressman on board. Last year DATELINE was VERY interested in doing our story which is pretty fantastic considering they get over 60,000 story suggestions a year. But when they contactd the FDA they were told that there were not that many complaints and most of the complaintees had preexisting conditions, were obese, were hooked on pain killers and just wanted more or they wanted to sue and make money. And that my friends was the end of that. We were told that it was a great story IF IT HAD BEEN TRUE. We need for every victim to make a MAUDE report. We will not, I can't even say win anymore, get the justice we want unless we ALL make a report and we all participate in contacting our representatives. And that my friends is the TRUTH.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Hey there Sonia, please contact me at rm.howden@hotmail.com. Want to talk to you about your mesh. Thanks.....
drChandler

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I can't seem too get anyone too help me with my situation I had this proceed mesh put in 2010 been having problems with this pain everyday its always there please help doctor won't take it out too risky so left with it in me severe pain everyday so that the situation please help
Just Me

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

All Meshed Up wrote:
Hey there Sonia, please contact me at rm.howden@hotmail.com. Want to talk to you about your mesh. Thanks.....
All Meshed Up. I agree you are living with a ticking time bomb leaving the kugel mesh in there. Why wont the Dr remove it.
Lin

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

drChandler wrote:
I can't seem too get anyone too help me with my situation I had this proceed mesh put in 2010 been having problems with this pain everyday its always there please help doctor won't take it out too risky so left with it in me severe pain everyday so that the situation please help
What was the lot number of your Proceed mesh used on you? For their is or was a recalll on one lot of the J&J Proceed Mesh last year, for it came apart. I'll look it up and post about it, be back in minute.
Lin

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Lin wrote:
<quoted text> What was the lot number of your Proceed mesh used on you? For their is or was a recalll on one lot of the J&J Proceed Mesh last year, for it came apart. I'll look it up and post about it, be back in minute.
From FDA Recall page, Class 2 Recall Jan 14,2011, Eithcon issuse recall letter Oct. 18,2010 for stop useing. Recall#Z-0903-2011 Product code PCDG1 Lot BMG618
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
All Meshed Up. I agree you are living with a ticking time bomb leaving the kugel mesh in there. Why wont the Dr remove it.
The Dr.'s have told me that 1. Too much scar tissue from the previous 5 surgeries. 2. Because of all the scar tissue and the location of the mesh and ring explanting it could cause them to cut my Femoral Vein or Artery because they would not be able to recognize it within all the crap. I could bleed out on the table and they ( the Dr.'s ) say the chances of me making it are very slim. Gee....Thanks Doc! So until it becomes an emergency ( the ring breaking ) they don't want to touch me. I have been told to avoid getting punched in the abdomen and to try not to get into an auto collision because the seat belt could cause the ring to break or????? Again.....Gee! Thanks Doc! Have a great day out there if'n you can!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

A couple of things to put out there for you all..... Check out Jane Akre's site by googleing Jane Akre/Ethicon e-mails. There should be a jury decision most likely tomorrow on a Gyno-mesh case that may affect all of us. Interesting mails between Ethicons Research and Development dept. and the head muckity mucks at headquarters. R7D says there is some bad results with their Gyno mesh. Headquarters says something to the effect of SO? Put it out on the market. This is no B.S.. It has now been documented that Ethicon from top to bottum was very aware of the potential problems with their Gyno mesh products BUT THEY PUT THEM ON THE MARKET ANYWAY. You would think that this would be the smoking gun that we have been waiting for. SILLY RABBITS! The game is not played that way and the FDA and its vaunted Office of Criminal Investigation is totally ignoreing these e-mails. Doesn't matter. Doesn't mean a thing. Go back to what you were doing nothing to see here! Anyway second thingy is that if you are trying to find info about a mesh product and history of complaints please go to this website...http://www.accessdat a.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/ cfMAUDE/search.cfm You will need the exact lot#, make, model AND the exact wording on the complaints you are looking for. This is a pig of a site to try and get your info but persistence will payout. Best of Luck and Best Wishes......
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks All Meshed Up, it's a never ending battle.

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/your-que...
George

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Here is a talk given to Medical Students about hernia mesh at the University of Denver Medical School

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/me...

You may need a Med Dictionary to get through it or just skip to the last slide my fellow test subjects.

For me the mesh induced abdominal pressure is graph is really telling and explains a lot of pain - discomfort we all experience daily.

G
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Lin wrote:
<quoted text> From FDA Recall page, Class 2 Recall Jan 14,2011, Eithcon issuse recall letter Oct. 18,2010 for stop useing. Recall#Z-0903-2011 Product code PCDG1 Lot BMG618
Hey there Lin....was this a forced recall by the FDA or was Ethicon allowed to do a "voluntary" recall which is then viewed as a marketing decision by J&J/Ethicon. This "voluntary" recall is a way for the Manufacturers by pass FDA prosecution/investigation and possible fines AND have to admit that there are problems with mesh products. I'm not paranoid! I know their after us! Thanks for the info Lin.....
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

George wrote:
Here is a talk given to Medical Students about hernia mesh at the University of Denver Medical School
http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/me...
You may need a Med Dictionary to get through it or just skip to the last slide my fellow test subjects.
For me the mesh induced abdominal pressure is graph is really telling and explains a lot of pain - discomfort we all experience daily.
G
GEORGE!! Don't know how you found that study but that is about the best link that has been put on here in a long time. Thanks so much. EVERYBODY needs to go through that link. They have done a very comprehensive study and really quite good with a bit of fun mixed in. Really really good. Sonia! You need to look through this. There is a whole study on the Surgisis Gold and other products. Mentions the infections and other symptoms that read as if they are what you are experiencing. Pretty much verifies what we have all known and been experiencing. Too bad the FDA weenies can't read. Thanks again George. Best Regards......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Again everybody...these links and info put on the forum today is another example of why all mesh implantees that are having bad reactions to their mesh should make a report to the MAUDE data base. I'm going to be a real pest about this! Sorry..........not really ;>)
Jimmy

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

hey email me at erisadan@gmail.com if you are looking to get pain pills. OCs and Blues, NO LE or cops
text 7077268358

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,881 - 6,900 of8,024
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Benbrook Discussions

Search the Benbrook Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Irish traveller's (Nov '08) 3 hr Tim Pat Coogan 1,383
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Justin 746
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 4 hr Defiant1 588
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Defiant1 16,964
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 hr Defiant1 21,336
Flooding closes I-35 north of Dallas as heavy r... 11 hr need rain 3
Woman Says Company Illegally Towed Vehicle (Jul '08) 14 hr Texas Towing Compliance 109
•••

Air Quality Alert for Tarrant County was issued at July 22 at 3:10PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Benbrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Benbrook People Search