Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8246 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

“God Loves You!”

Since: Sep 08

Miami Beach, Florida

#7334 Feb 22, 2013
Above info is cut & paste from Bloomberg News today!

God bless us all! The truth is coming out!!!

Lana Keeton
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7335 Feb 22, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Lin....was this a forced recall by the FDA or was Ethicon allowed to do a "voluntary" recall which is then viewed as a marketing decision by J&J/Ethicon. This "voluntary" recall is a way for the Manufacturers by pass FDA prosecution/investigation and possible fines AND have to admit that there are problems with mesh products. I'm not paranoid! I know their after us! Thanks for the info Lin.....
Hi, AMU. How I found what information I posted, is cause I had lap surgery with Proceed mesh 4x6" back in 2010. Have an appointment this Tuesday, pretty sure of having new hernia around porthole from trocar. Any way I goggled my mesh lot #, it went back into J&J site. I forget the site I will research for site address post it.
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7336 Feb 22, 2013
Lin wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, AMU. How I found what information I posted, is cause I had lap surgery with Proceed mesh 4x6" back in 2010. Have an appointment this Tuesday, pretty sure of having new hernia around porthole from trocar. Any way I goggled my mesh lot #, it went back into J&J site. I forget the site I will research for site address post it.
I'm back! I used both Aol and Google Chrome typed in search bar, Proceed Hernia Surgery Mesh Recall. List of different sites to go to, I looked @ www.ethicon360.com/products/surgical-mesh another site Hernia Alert Hernia Repair Secrets Patients should know mesh medical meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/removing-mesh-a...
Sonia_59

Australia

#7337 Feb 22, 2013
Can anyone tell me whether they had the Biodesign Surgisis mesh implanted in them?
All Meshed Up is your email address "r m" or just m.howden...I am not sure so I sent an email to both.
Regards Sonia
jason

Matoaka, WV

#7338 Feb 22, 2013
Carolann Hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is having similar problems with the gore-tex mesh. I have reported this mesh to the FDA complaint department. You can do this online. Please file a complaint with them. If we can get this recalled, then we can file a class action lawsuit against them. If no one complains this horrible mesh will not be recalled. Thank you and God Bless.
My wife had a desmoid tumor removed in 2006 that intertwined in her stomach muscles. She had a large piece of goretex mesh implanted. It replaced most of her removed muscles. She was told she could still bare children. It was not planned but she got pregnant and the mesh tore away. A few months after her c section the mesh became infected and a the mesh failed to hold. She had a Hernia and the infection swelled up to a head on her stomach. It was large and oozed out. She had one surgery to remove the infection and a small piece of the mesh. That surgery failed to ward off the infection. A second surgery was needed to remove the entire piece of mesh. She had an incision about 15 inches. They even had to remove her naval from the size of the cut. She has been left disfigured from the surgeries and in constant pain and bowel trouble. She cant do a whole lot anymore. They put a piece of pigskin in place of the mesh. She doesn't think its over yet.
Jeff

Humble, TX

#7339 Feb 22, 2013
James wrote:
Will my surgeon even tell me if the patch used on me is recalled or even know
Who was your surgeon and what hospital? I live in Tyler too. Email me at [email protected] I have a very long story of what happened to me in 2009 ETMC tyler B.H. surgeon... we should chat....
Jeff

Humble, TX

#7340 Feb 22, 2013
To James... I live in Tyler TX not Porter I don't know how that appears like that..
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7341 Feb 23, 2013
OK friends, here's the scooper pooper on the Dept of Juctice investigation into J&J. This is a whistle blower investigation. Although Lana is right that there have been many of us that have been feeding the FDA and the Investigative wing, the OCI ( or as I call them the Keystone Cops ) and anyone else that would listen. It took someone on the inside to get this going. You will read that this is in 42 states. What is happening is that the U.S. has spent millions of dollars replacing Hips through Medicaid/Medicare and the V.A.. They have also been repairing Hernias and of course a lot of womens problems with the J&J Gyno/Vaginal meshs. The states have been doing the same through their Workmens Compensation programs and through their state insurance. The U.S. Government and the States are now going to try and get REIMBURSED for all of those surgeries that went bad and subsequent surgeries and care. This is NOT about you and me. This is about the State and Federal Governments seeing a way to get a lot of their money back. Now, when this all comes down and J&J is found guilty ( we can only hope!) for fraud we "SHOULD" be able to go after them for our damage and suffering. This all depends on the outcome of this investigation and the conviction status. So my Dear Friends, we will have to be patient ( something all of us have had practice practice practice at!) and hope that this will go the way we ALL want. Next will be the other mesh manufacturers I'm sure. I can imagine there are going to be all sorts of meetings about this and the potential of the investigation turning their direction and checking out how they marketed their mesh, their practice of lieing about the possible side effects and covering it up. BUT!( I say again!) BUT! The BIG inquiry has to be made and laid at the doorstep of the FDA. They have to be held responsible for allowing and helping in the cover up of and the scope and depth of corruption that these mesh manufacturers have perpetrated on all of us victims of mesh. Lets all say a little prayer today in hope that this will be the beginning of the end of this nightmare. I also want to THANK Bruce Rosenberg, Lana Keeton and Jane Aker just to name a few who's dilligence through mass adversity helped in bringing all of this to fruiation. Best Wishes to everyone......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7342 Feb 23, 2013
jason wrote:
<quoted text> My wife had a desmoid tumor removed in 2006 that intertwined in her stomach muscles. She had a large piece of goretex mesh implanted. It replaced most of her removed muscles. She was told she could still bare children. It was not planned but she got pregnant and the mesh tore away. A few months after her c section the mesh became infected and a the mesh failed to hold. She had a Hernia and the infection swelled up to a head on her stomach. It was large and oozed out. She had one surgery to remove the infection and a small piece of the mesh. That surgery failed to ward off the infection. A second surgery was needed to remove the entire piece of mesh. She had an incision about 15 inches. They even had to remove her naval from the size of the cut. She has been left disfigured from the surgeries and in constant pain and bowel trouble. She cant do a whole lot anymore. They put a piece of pigskin in place of the mesh. She doesn't think its over yet.
Get ALL of her medical records especially the OP reports from her surgeries with mesh involved. Make a report as soon as possible to the FDA MAUDE web site and file a DETAILED report to them. Let us know what you find out and we will try to steer you in the right direction. If your in Tyler and happen to go to Jacksonville, say Hello to Bill Bailey or Beth Bailey and say its from Richard in Colorado. Best Wishes to you and your wife. Get back to us ASAP.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7343 Feb 23, 2013
All Meshed Up, it has been a interesting week. Every Sat. night the wife and i put on our cowboys boots and head out for the dance hall. Live it up tonight, life is short. Thanks for all the updates.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7344 Feb 23, 2013
Barbara wrote:
I'm not talking about the doctors who put the mesh in, I'm talking about the doctors who say they will take the mesh out. I've been trying to find information on former patients of Dr. Ramshaw and some other doctors that take out mesh (I just read about Dr. Towfigh taking out mesh too in one person, but I'm not sure if that person is even real or just a pretend person on a message board), and even though there are all these anonymous people on message boards Deartalking about how great these doctors are, I can't find a single real patient who has recovered from having their mesh taken out. I don't understand how these doctors have developed their great reputations if no one has actually been their patient!
dear barb I had my
Mesh taken out oct 26 2012 by dr ramshaw he made no garrenties had scar tissue removed from colon and nerves cut from plugs which were removed I still have problems defacating and urinating hurts to sit abdominal pain and bloating still have other wierd problems difficulty swallowing shortness of breath sensitive to hot and cold temp. Can't sleep , ringing in ears short term memory loss , confusion, my sister thinks its autoimune disiese docs don't find anything, swollen gut they say is normal? Can feel gas and moment inside they say normal cant get any relief from bowel movents
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7345 Feb 23, 2013
Has anybody have confusion and short term memory loss and shortness of breath from hernia mesh?seems like something from the mesh is poisoning me ringing in ears, preasure in head and foggy head?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7346 Feb 24, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Has anybody have confusion and short term memory loss and shortness of breath from hernia mesh?seems like something from the mesh is poisoning me ringing in ears, preasure in head and foggy head?
I have foggy head Terlin but it may have something to do with mt age! But seriously, autoimmune disease is a subject that has come up lately in some discussions within the mesh community and some Dr.'s have been consulted. There is no indication at this time that there is any immune system degredation due to mesh. That being said, the fact that many of us are starting to have more infections, colds, flu, unusual aches and pains (ringing in the ear is a new one although I have tenitis ) and several other maladies may be an indication that something is happening. Unfortunately, as in many instances within our little club, there has been no scientific investigation to your claims. I believe that there is a correlation to mesh implants and the slow loss of immune response. I have had really stupid unusual little infection crop up now and again ( salivary gland, lymph gland ), this year has been the worst for respiatory infections for me and yes, I have tenitis or ringing in the ears. As far as tinitis goes there is no explanation for it even without a mesh impplant so I can't say much more about that. I would start a diary of your day to day symptoms. I will keep my ears open and will forward your concerns on to brighter folks than I. Try to stay healthy, eat healthy, try to exercise if possible and keep a positive attitude if'n you can. I know that can be very difficult sometimes when you have no idea what the hell is happening in your body and no immediate answer is available. Been there, Doin' It. Best Wishes from snowy Colorado.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7347 Feb 24, 2013
Sonia! Did not recieve a mail. [email protected]
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7348 Feb 24, 2013
Blair wrote:
All Meshed Up, it has been a interesting week. Every Sat. night the wife and i put on our cowboys boots and head out for the dance hall. Live it up tonight, life is short. Thanks for all the updates.
Thanks Blair. I have contacted one of the reporters of the J&J investigation in hopes that maybe we can expand his story from Marketing Fraud to Medical Malpractice by the Mesh Manufacturers. I will let you know. As Always Thanks Much and Best Wishes........
michelle

Lexington, MA

#7349 Feb 24, 2013
Hi. I had an inguinal hernia repair with Ultrapro mesh patch 1 year ago and have been in a lot of pain from it contracting into a hardned ball. While it is still problematic (keeping me from any physical activity) and I am considerig surgery at North Penn, I have had some success with myofasicial release at a chiropractors office. Dr. Goodyear suggested it and it is helping to loosen adhesions and reduce pain.

Has anyone had problems like mine with Ultrapro? Is there legal recourse?
shayne

Smyrna, TN

#7350 Feb 24, 2013
Brokenbastard wrote:
Im going in for double hernia surgey shoulld i even go in??
NO!!!!
Sonia_59

Australia

#7351 Feb 24, 2013
jason wrote:
<quoted text> My wife had a desmoid tumor removed in 2006 that intertwined in her stomach muscles. She had a large piece of goretex mesh implanted. It replaced most of her removed muscles. She was told she could still bare children. It was not planned but she got pregnant and the mesh tore away. A few months after her c section the mesh became infected and a the mesh failed to hold. She had a Hernia and the infection swelled up to a head on her stomach. It was large and oozed out. She had one surgery to remove the infection and a small piece of the mesh. That surgery failed to ward off the infection. A second surgery was needed to remove the entire piece of mesh. She had an incision about 15 inches. They even had to remove her naval from the size of the cut. She has been left disfigured from the surgeries and in constant pain and bowel trouble. She cant do a whole lot anymore. They put a piece of pigskin in place of the mesh. She doesn't think its over yet.
Hi you think you got the worst, unti you read your blog, I am so sorry for your wife. Please let me know how she goes with the pig skin. Kind regards Sonia
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7353 Feb 25, 2013
AMU could you post me your email, I found the letter you asked for I saved in favorites, yet cann't find in surfing web so if I email then maybe you could post. Thanks
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7354 Feb 25, 2013
Lin wrote:
AMU could you post me your email, I found the letter you asked for I saved in favorites, yet cann't find in surfing web so if I email then maybe you could post. Thanks
AMU request from post 7322.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Working at Home Fri Ladibull 1
Working at Home Fri Ladibull 1
News Fort Worth man who was shot now faces murder ch... (Aug '11) Dec 13 A cousin 2
Paschal HS Hall Of Shame Dec 12 Rusty Fralia 2
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Dec 7 Reneedianegarrett 44
News Fort Worth files 2nd Las Vegas Trail lawsuit, t... Dec 6 sacntx 1
Urban Manor Apartments (Oct '16) Dec 6 Urban Decay 4

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages