Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...
Comments
6,801 - 6,820 of 8,029 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 26
patty

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/wp-admin...

Your face goes here!!!!! Wow! If you cannot see this, go to the mesh medical device news desk . Its a collage of people who replied to the question, "Did your doctor tell you that you were the only one adversely affected by a mesh implant?" Also, were you told what mesh was used? These are all faces of people just like the ones here in the forum. sad to ut a face to the pain.
Rena

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

It wouldn't be a wonder if these mesh devices may cause adverse effects based on the mounting complaints of patients. It may help to note that these devices did not really undergo clinical studies but rather relied on the prenotification process of the FDA. It may have come to late, but still the FDA's warning may still save a lot of people. For related stories, you may check http://www.prweb.com/releases/rottenstein-law...
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rena wrote:
It wouldn't be a wonder if these mesh devices may cause adverse effects based on the mounting complaints of patients. It may help to note that these devices did not really undergo clinical studies but rather relied on the prenotification process of the FDA. It may have come to late, but still the FDA's warning may still save a lot of people. For related stories, you may check http://www.prweb.com/releases/rottenstein-law...
As per usual you are a non-person advertiseing a piece of crap lawfirm who does not want to have to pay to advertise their piece of crap lawfirm. Leaving a message at your website to go stuff this advertisement where the sun does not shine you worthless bunch of vultures......
Lin

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Dam see my post didn't post. Guess I don't have a freedom of typing my my thoughts? Trogans. Cowards,bullies, down right aholes
patty

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

questioning wrote:
My son had a double inguinal hernias, so May 2012 he had mesh implanted We have his medical records but no mention of lot or product code.All we have is that it was Atrium,not even Atrium CQUR, The surgeon wants him to have nerve blocks and if that works for the pain;face another surgery to cut the nerves. Ha so instead of fixing or admitting there is a problem, just cut the nerves and pretend there is no problem. There has been no talk of even trying to remove the mesh. My son is young and it is a horrible way to live no matter what sex or age.
Thanks for listening. We can not afford to take him somewhere to have the mesh removed.
if its causing pain he needs testing. Get independant testing if you can. The mesh may have shrunk. Who knows with these things. Pain is good only because it says something is wrong. Nerve blocks can cover pain that is there because of dangerous symptoms due to the mesh. An infection, bleeding, all kinds of things. If he cant feel other symptoms tgen he cant tell if these more serious issues , maybe even life threatening , are present. Then what? Oops he had a nerve block and so hecouldnt
Describe his symptoms? Sorry for your loss? Im sorry Im no doctor, but ive heard some really bad stories about nerve blocks. My husband also had the Atrium implanted. Hes still in bad bad shape 17 months later. Im truely sorry about your son, get a second opinion. Maybe get the recent scan results call Dr. peterson is Las Vegas and he may be willing to at least tell you the truth. Im betting he will. Keep us informed, report this problem to the FDA with an adverse event report asap. Get the medical report and get the type, and any model number of the mesh. Report it.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Had inguinal hernia surgery in 2011 groin pain got better but soon after that had difficulty urinating when sitting in the morning then started having incomplete bowel evacuations, had ct scans upper gi with small bowel follow through and sigmoidoscopy. Defacating got worse couldn't sit because bloated ab pain above incisions loss 50 lbs muscle loss sensitive to hot and cold temp. All senses became altered.my neuropathy pain increased decided to have mesh removed in 10/26/12 thinking autoimune symptoms and maybe mesh obstructing bowels dr ramshaw found scar tissue on colon and removed and removed all mesh and plugs wich were untangled in nerves he cut and buried them. Now groin numb but still ab pain and bloating above incisions still defacating and urinating problems and all other painfull sensations seems like I'm loosing my mind . Anybody else have similar problems and did they get resolved? Please help lost all hope
ALIEN BABY

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Angry as hell wrote:
Blair, I have Richard Ratcliffe out of Providence RI. He believes that I have a strong case. I never heard back from Cory. Thank You for your Helmand yes I will keep you posted on what is happening.
Angry, not to be intrusive but would you mind telling me which category you fall under in the MDL? My Pop falls under #6. I just reached out to Mr Ratcliffe to hopefullyhave him help represent my father in law. The US FED Dept of Justice told me to get an attorney local to Rhode Island or else we could open our own case in Jersey. I cant find anyone here in jersey willing to take this on because his mesh doesnt have "KUGEL" in its name, its the composix e/x but has same lot# of recalled kugel meshes....? Hope everyone is having a relatively pain free day if that is even possible with all everyone has gonbe through because of this crap i mean mesh. Off to take Pop to pain management docs for monthly visit.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry, not to be intrusive but would you mind telling me which category you fall under in the MDL? My Pop falls under #6. I just reached out to Mr Ratcliffe to hopefullyhave him help represent my father in law. The US FED Dept of Justice told me to get an attorney local to Rhode Island or else we could open our own case in Jersey. I cant find anyone here in jersey willing to take this on because his mesh doesnt have "KUGEL" in its name, its the composix e/x but has same lot# of recalled kugel meshes....? Hope everyone is having a relatively pain free day if that is even possible with all everyone has gonbe through because of this crap i mean mesh. Off to take Pop to pain management docs for monthly visit.
Mine is also a category six, i just finished a chat with a long time poster and he just got a payout, all of these cases were dropped in Canada because of Motley Rice telling them they can not prove the mesh. The ones in the MDL are getting payouts and the rest of us can't get in. They told me it was time frame but that is bullshit. Keep fighting, i am trying to get the name of the law firm, but they are not to give out info. i will give you updates.
George

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Terlin wrote:
Had inguinal hernia surgery in 2011 groin pain got better but soon after that had difficulty urinating when sitting in the morning then started having incomplete bowel evacuations, had ct scans upper gi with small bowel follow through and sigmoidoscopy. Defacating got worse couldn't sit because bloated ab pain above incisions loss 50 lbs muscle loss sensitive to hot and cold temp. All senses became altered.my neuropathy pain increased decided to have mesh removed in 10/26/12 thinking autoimune symptoms and maybe mesh obstructing bowels dr ramshaw found scar tissue on colon and removed and removed all mesh and plugs wich were untangled in nerves he cut and buried them. Now groin numb but still ab pain and bloating above incisions still defacating and urinating problems and all other painfull sensations seems like I'm loosing my mind . Anybody else have similar problems and did they get resolved? Please help lost all hope
Terlin, Yes there is hope!! I realize this sounds contrite, but give it some time for your nerves and soft tissue to recover. Typically it takes a year to recover fully from abdominal surgery and you have had two in under two years. I have had similar problems with multiple surgeries, over the past couple years and the pain has not gone to zero but has diminished. As you have read getting the mesh out is far more complicated and destructive than putting in. Sadly the trial going on with J&J Eithicon Pro Lift mesh vs Ms. Linda Gross has seen J & J docs testimony stating if there is a mesh problem just remove it. So a pelvic left or hernia repair with plastic mesh is temporary in in at least 20% of those implanted? 20% is the current complication rate and is probably a low estimate. Terlin, just go easy, so your repair lasts and you do not have to have another mesh implanted to fix your hernia. My situation is mesh in, mesh out, mesh in, and waiting for fully recovery to initiate reconstructive surgery, not much fascia left to repair with - as they say #10 is the charm!!
Terlin, do not give up hope!! Yes intense chronic pain does take us to dark places, but you are not alone. Maybe try a chronic pain meeting in your area. Hang Tough G
Chuck

Harpersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Was checking e-mails this site might be of intrest to others, being my wife has had 4 adbominal surgery 2 being hernias. Anyway scar, adhesions of tissue. site; MedlinePlus Clinical Trials.gov title to look for adhesions update
Mesh mate

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

patty wrote:
<quoted text> Atrium is a drty word in my house too. Good luck
Yes , best of luck to you... This journey requires patience, diligence and strength. None of us asked to be here , but we are, and the support means a lot.
ALIEN BABY

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is also a category six, i just finished a chat with a long time poster and he just got a payout, all of these cases were dropped in Canada because of Motley Rice telling them they can not prove the mesh. The ones in the MDL are getting payouts and the rest of us can't get in. They told me it was time frame but that is bullshit. Keep fighting, i am trying to get the name of the law firm, but they are not to give out info. i will give you updates.
Heard back from the Rh Island Attorney Ratcliffe, he is not going to represent my Pop but didnt say why. I sent him med records but he did say something about statute of limitations. Its funny about that statute since there is not time limit on everyones pain suffering and disfigurement. Frustrated...but still going to try!!
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard back from the Rh Island Attorney Ratcliffe, he is not going to represent my Pop but didnt say why. I sent him med records but he did say something about statute of limitations. Its funny about that statute since there is not time limit on everyones pain suffering and disfigurement. Frustrated...but still going to try!!
Motley Rice stuck a deal with Bard/Davol and the ones in the MDL are getting paided but everyone else is out in the cold. They are using the statue of limitations as their way out. Mine was well without the time frame but Motley Rice would not let me in the MDL and they are a international law firm. I have not found one law firm that will tell the truth. Most will tell you the cases did not get a payout and even with the proof they are in denial.Keep fighting you might find out the real truth.
George

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Here the list of plaintiffs for the MultiDistrict Ligation (MDL) through Feb 1 2013.

http://www.wvsd.uscourts.gov/MDL/avaulta/case...

You can search for your name or case number. Appears this is an ever changing process that started in 2009 - 18 cases settles so far which just leaves 1870 to go and that number is growing.
If the testimony in the J&J ProLift VS Linda Gross has any bearing then it seems that there no such thing as an ok mesh - problems can occur 20 years after the implant, so I would think the statue of limitations is not valid in these situation.

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/

So J&J appears as poorly run and greedy as we have all come to expect. The FDA also seems to not be nearly pro-active enough in the past or now. Just think TODAY people are getting a piece of plastic mesh hell implanted - right now, this second! This is as much a tragedy as any mass shooting, far greater numbers everyday, the bullets just move slower and do not get the media coverage we know it deserves. OOps just fell of my soap box G
Angry as hall

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Alien baby I am a category 3.
Angry as hall

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Blair, Ratcliffe told me that my case was filed after the 2 year limitation in Texas, however in Rode Island it's 3 years, which mine was filed in that time frame. They said that they will do their best for me.. I also contacted a attorney today about the Proceed mesh that I had trouble with. They said they would let me know in about 5 to 7 days. We all need to be compensated for all our suffering. We did not ask to go thru all this.someone needs to paid. I will let you know what I fined out.
slamfire_1969

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I had mesh put in june of 2011 it is pro lite and my doctor said not to worry it takes time to heal. Still have knots that come up and leak out. And pain that will put u on ur knees. Still only have2-4 bms a week and can't stand or sit for more than 15- 20 minutes at a time male 43
concerned

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

slamfire_1969 wrote:
I had mesh put in june of 2011 it is pro lite and my doctor said not to worry it takes time to heal. Still have knots that come up and leak out. And pain that will put u on ur knees. Still only have2-4 bms a week and can't stand or sit for more than 15- 20 minutes at a time male 43
Please research other surgeons who are more experienced with mesh complications. You should not be having the complications you describe over one year later after implantation. Be aware of the statute of limitations in your state for both med mal and product liability. You need to present your scans or get one and send it one of the doctors mentioned on this site. Good luck to you, you are not alone or crazy you have a medical complication and it needs to be addressed,
Natl Meshoma Foundation

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

crazieforchrist wrote:
I'm curious...I had an appendictomy in 2001 and had to have a drain to drain the gangrene due to the appendix ruptured. The drain caused a hernia in which I had to have a mesh. It seems since that I've been nothing but ill, I've had 11 surgeries now and I'm 36. I had a hysterestomy last year due to endometerosis which they don't know what causes endo, my gallbladder removed in August a few months later and I still have abdominal pain, bowel issues, irregular heart beat. I have no clue what type of mesh I have...guess I need to find that out. Any of this sound familiar? I couldn't read the article above, not sure if it has been remove or if it is because I'm on my cell and wont show it.
If you had an infection at the time of your mesh implantation, mesh can harbor infection making it difficult to cure. More specifically polypropylene and other synthetic meshes can harbor infection in the pores of the mesh, and some infections are difficult to detect. Please contact Dr. Galloway at Emory University med center in Atalanta, Georgia, he is experienced with this complication. You may find a better treatment protocol with him than your local Dr.s. Also, obtain the book "Hernia Infections " by the late Dr. Maximo Deysine, available usually on Amazon. This book well describes various bacterial infections associated with mesh, which may help your local infectious disease Dr. to find the right antibiotic regimen for you. Mesh removal is very invasive, but in some cases is necessary to cure the infection. A bio mesh is often used (ie: Surgisis Gold, a porcine product) which tends to be weaker, some patients complain of a bulge with these weaker bio devices and higher chance of recurrence, but improved chance of beating the infection. Keep us updated. feel better, Bruce
Natl Meshoma Foundation

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Please check the following link, or go to Medical Device Newsdesk by Jane Akre to follow the gyno mesh trial in N.J. Click on the second segment to read some of the testimony by Dr. Klinge. The expert Dr. Klinge testified today that he had warned Ethicon of problems with polypropylene gyno meshes, they chose to sell the device anyway and numerous women were severely injured.
If you have had an Ethicon produced mesh device, and have had validation by scan, explant operative note or consult that your mesh had contracted, shrunk, broken, migrated and eroded causing your pain and injuries, please call Ethicon customer service and make an adverse event report. Ask the rep if Ethicon had prior knowledge of these complications if your device was implanted since 2007. If the rep tells you "no" then contact the FDA Office of Criminal Investigation in your area, file a complaint and request an investigation into the matter. Make sure you get the name of the Ethicon rep and a report number. Then call the FDA to file an Adverse Event Maude report, tell them you have already spoken with Ethicon but that you want a confirmed follow up to your report.
You can make a difference, help us to document the severity of these mesh complications by making your report.
Thanks and feel better, below see link:

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/author/a...

Bruce

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Benbrook Discussions

Search the Benbrook Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 10 min Defiant1 21,675
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 58 min Hot dog 17,219
Runoff victor to be publicly sworn in as family... (Sep '06) 19 hr Victim 67
what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Tue Alisha 134
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Jul 28 It is what it is 23
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) Jul 28 curious 67
Aid Group: 2 Americans have Ebola in Liberia Jul 28 Ibn Natas 1
•••
•••
•••
Benbrook Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••