Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 339)

Showing posts 6,761 - 6,780 of7,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike m

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I have proloop atrium and plug also with a marlex mesh in i havd pain walking back pain been seein docs for 3 yrs go to Cleveland clinc feb 5 2013 will get there opinion
ALIEN BABY

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Found this in my favorites this morning, boy did we get the shaft from the courts, this is a good read and i was thinking of you when i found it. Put it in your favorites and show it to your father in law.
http://www.beasleyallen.com/news/federal-cour...
Blair, thank you. I am calling Ellen, the producer for Stephanie Stahl on Channel 3KYW(U.S/Philly/South Jersey)to update her and give her everything we have found out as well as what has happened to people on this forum(no personal info of course unless you contact me personally). I wish there was a spot on this site where I could post Bill's(father in law) pictures of his stomach. His insides stick out 7inches from his ribs and you can watch the food go from his esophageous down through his stomach, intestines, the works. The only thing holding his internal organs in is a thin layer of dermis/epidermis(skin). When they took his infected curled up rotten composix e/x out, they put nothing back in to replace it. It is quite disturbing and he is in constant pain. A problem we seem to be having though, his surgeries(implant/explant) were done in 2006. Now its 2012 and Davol asked me why the delay? Bill moved to Pennsylvania with my brother in law and his kids in early '07 and we only spoke to him over the phone until May of 2012 when we drove up to move him back home near us.(long story). We knew he was hurting, in alot of pain, but was seeing pain doc up there and the fact is, he was once a very strong hardworking "silent" kind of man, typical with alot of men who do not let us caregiving women know they are in pain. As soon as we picked him up we asked him what was in his coat because it looked like he was carrying something underneath? He lifted his coat and shirt and our jaws hit the ground. Heartbreaking really. Thats when I started my research, trying to find lawyers(no luck since its not kugel crap) and have been diligently plugging along. Some of you may or may not know that if you go to Davol Bard website, there is a (hernia)(patient info)reimbursement page along with procedure codes and amounts for 2011,2012. Bill has two of those procedures clearly on his O.R reports which was why I was so stunned when they said his was not the kind of claim they would reimburse. Go to their site and fish around, you will find it. And please to everyone, if you have not filed a complaint to the FDA do it now. Medwatch, MAUDE, any kind you can. I will let the forum know what happens with the news story. I am looking forward to Davol Bards reaction when they find out just how far some of us are willing to go. Maybe bringing them right back in to the spotlight will wake them up to the fact that ALL of their mesh products have had detrimental consequences to the unfortunate patients who received them. Maybe the stock value could suffer some consequences and they wouldnt want that to happen since they are in this for the money.... Oh, and Bills doctor? On the run after being sued several times and owing millions for fraud. Dont know where to go with that one. One fight at a time, at least for now!
Angry as hell

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Blair, I received all my paperwork by from Johnson Law Firm. After going thru all 6" stack and 8 cd's I did not find any paper work for my last 3 surgery's. I went and got them myself from the .hospital. The mesh that was use to repair my massive hernia was a 30 x 20 cm. Proceed mesh. I was told that this mesh was also on recall. The next surgery was to repair the mesh that was folded inside me. Another hernia pop. This time the surgeon stated that he was only able to removed part of the mesh. He then use a prolene mesh. I am waiting for serial numbers for these meshes, before I can move forward with a possible new lawsuit . I am still waiting to hear back from Cory Watson Firm. I also have an attorney in Rhode Island looking at my case. I would love to do what Alien Baby is doing and have the news help all the people that Bard is throwing under the rug and stepping on. What can we do?9796
Ashley

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

It is alarming to know that patients whose only wish is to find relief from their symptoms may be faced with serious complications including death. After all the physical and emotional damage the now-recalled faulty products may have caused to a number of patients, it may come as no surprise if some manufacturers may find it difficult to regain the trust of many consumers. It helps to know more about surgical mesh or bladder slings. There is added information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us that may be of great help to people concerned and interested.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
Blair, thank you. I am calling Ellen, the producer for Stephanie Stahl on Channel 3KYW(U.S/Philly/South Jersey)to update her and give her everything we have found out as well as what has happened to people on this forum(no personal info of course unless you contact me personally). I wish there was a spot on this site where I could post Bill's(father in law) pictures of his stomach. His insides stick out 7inches from his ribs and you can watch the food go from his esophageous down through his stomach, intestines, the works. The only thing holding his internal organs in is a thin layer of dermis/epidermis(skin). When they took his infected curled up rotten composix e/x out, they put nothing back in to replace it. It is quite disturbing and he is in constant pain. A problem we seem to be having though, his surgeries(implant/explant) were done in 2006. Now its 2012 and Davol asked me why the delay? Bill moved to Pennsylvania with my brother in law and his kids in early '07 and we only spoke to him over the phone until May of 2012 when we drove up to move him back home near us.(long story). We knew he was hurting, in alot of pain, but was seeing pain doc up there and the fact is, he was once a very strong hardworking "silent" kind of man, typical with alot of men who do not let us caregiving women know they are in pain. As soon as we picked him up we asked him what was in his coat because it looked like he was carrying something underneath? He lifted his coat and shirt and our jaws hit the ground. Heartbreaking really. Thats when I started my research, trying to find lawyers(no luck since its not kugel crap) and have been diligently plugging along. Some of you may or may not know that if you go to Davol Bard website, there is a (hernia)(patient info)reimbursement page along with procedure codes and amounts for 2011,2012. Bill has two of those procedures clearly on his O.R reports which was why I was so stunned when they said his was not the kind of claim they would reimburse. Go to their site and fish around, you will find it. And please to everyone, if you have not filed a complaint to the FDA do it now. Medwatch, MAUDE, any kind you can. I will let the forum know what happens with the news story. I am looking forward to Davol Bards reaction when they find out just how far some of us are willing to go. Maybe bringing them right back in to the spotlight will wake them up to the fact that ALL of their mesh products have had detrimental consequences to the unfortunate patients who received them. Maybe the stock value could suffer some consequences and they wouldnt want that to happen since they are in this for the money.... Oh, and Bills doctor? On the run after being sued several times and owing millions for fraud. Dont know where to go with that one. One fight at a time, at least for now!
The reason for the delay is no one was telling the truth about the mesh and you took it upon youself to help him find out what the hell is going on. Their is proof Bard was hiding the truth and their was reports of complications that they were hiding. He will need a complete abdominal reconstruction operation to repair his new hernias that developed after his mesh was removed, i had five, and i know what the poor guy looks like. Tell him not to give up, he needs a component seperation operation but tell the surgeon to not use mesh. They can do a complete tissue repair not using mesh. Get his story out their and the phones will ring of the hook at the news station. You are not alone!
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Angry as hell wrote:
Blair, I received all my paperwork by from Johnson Law Firm. After going thru all 6" stack and 8 cd's I did not find any paper work for my last 3 surgery's. I went and got them myself from the .hospital. The mesh that was use to repair my massive hernia was a 30 x 20 cm. Proceed mesh. I was told that this mesh was also on recall. The next surgery was to repair the mesh that was folded inside me. Another hernia pop. This time the surgeon stated that he was only able to removed part of the mesh. He then use a prolene mesh. I am waiting for serial numbers for these meshes, before I can move forward with a possible new lawsuit . I am still waiting to hear back from Cory Watson Firm. I also have an attorney in Rhode Island looking at my case. I would love to do what Alien Baby is doing and have the news help all the people that Bard is throwing under the rug and stepping on. What can we do?9796
Goggle Proceed Mesh Lawsuits, you will find lots of sites and mesh info. Keep getting your paper work. Scary that any surgeon would put mesh over mesh, he should of found a surgeon that could remove it all before implanting more mesh. I am not a surgeon but common sense would tell me if it failed the first time i would be looking for another option.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ashley wrote:
It is alarming to know that patients whose only wish is to find relief from their symptoms may be faced with serious complications including death. After all the physical and emotional damage the now-recalled faulty products may have caused to a number of patients, it may come as no surprise if some manufacturers may find it difficult to regain the trust of many consumers. It helps to know more about surgical mesh or bladder slings. There is added information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us that may be of great help to people concerned and interested.
Just left you a message at your Law Firm "ASHLEY". Please stop useing this forum to advertise your piece of crap lawfirm.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Lawyer # 13 or 14 just turned me down for representation. Very nice guy. He was amazed that there were not more/bigger/wider lawsuits. Yo! Buddy! Me too! I appeciated talking to THE lawyer instead of some poor shmuck that gets my ire when he says "NO". We can only hope that this will be the year that it all comes to the light. And I hope that when I get representation that it will be a human being like the guy I just talked to instead of the Muellers and Johnsons of the world. Best Wishes Everybody......
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

All Meshed Up wrote:
Lawyer # 13 or 14 just turned me down for representation. Very nice guy. He was amazed that there were not more/bigger/wider lawsuits. Yo! Buddy! Me too! I appeciated talking to THE lawyer instead of some poor shmuck that gets my ire when he says "NO". We can only hope that this will be the year that it all comes to the light. And I hope that when I get representation that it will be a human being like the guy I just talked to instead of the Muellers and Johnsons of the world. Best Wishes Everybody......
Oh Boy, it's been a busy week, good night to take the new girlfriend out for dinner. We will have 33 years tomorrow and she has been my rock. Have a great weekend all and Bard/Davol we will get you, it's just a matter of time.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Boy, it's been a busy week, good night to take the new girlfriend out for dinner. We will have 33 years tomorrow and she has been my rock. Have a great weekend all and Bard/Davol we will get you, it's just a matter of time.
Jeez Blair! Just when I think you have made all the good posts.....you come out with a better one. Love is the best healer.....I wish that to all of us. God Bless.....
patty

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Just left you a message at your Law Firm "ASHLEY". Please stop useing this forum to advertise your piece of crap lawfirm.
Hi meshed! How are things at your casa? Ok here! Just was elected to the board of directors for Habitat for humanity, getting ready to build a house for a wonderful deserving family! gotta get back out in life was missing so much of it takin care of my sweetrheart this past year and a half. Still am and always will though. Anyway where oh where do these girls come from? Its a full moon maybe that brings them out? What do you think meshed? Scarey! I think if people want a lawyer they go get one. Free advertising for them? Have a good one meshed! Watch out for the bloodsucking vamps! Oh wait, full moon.... wolves! Haha! I crack myself up!
ALIEN BABY

Ocean City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Just left you a message at your Law Firm "ASHLEY". Please stop useing this forum to advertise your piece of crap lawfirm.
All meshed up, thanks for putting ashley in her place, but I had to check her site anyway and found on there that there IS a NJ case against Bard davol going on now but only for the vaginal mesh......I dont get it, the kugel with the ring still used the same materials except the ring and the vaginal mesh uses same materials as the composix e/x so why is everyone so afraid to take them on for ALL OF THE MESHED UP PRODUCTS??
Blair, so informative thank you. Unfortunate why you are so informed but you are helping others...not that that helps your catastrophic surgeries/injuries..but thank you. I have taken Bill to different surgeons, gastro docs, etc., and none of them want to touch him?? Maybe taking this public will find not only justice but relief and some kid of solution for his physical state. I dont think there is a cure for the mental and emotional toll this has taken on anyone except hope and helping others. I wont say revenge because my karma will not allow it. Right is right, and Davol Bard has been and continues to be WRONG. I found reports from the early 's 2000's against davol bard esh product and yet they continued to promote their faulty product to the trusting public. Ok, they admit the kugel"ring" failed but from what I have read the whole thing not just the ring but the mesh as a whole failed, so then they keep selling something that continually failed inside of people, caused infections, perforations, obstructions, etc. and then they push the bladdersling which has same issues...how do they get away with this and how does the FDA let them? must be some serious lobbying going on somewhere.....think I will contact the President today, its easy, you can email,check the box for a response, and you acually get one in the mail a week or two later. Or you can call. Maybe I am going about this wrong trying to follo chain of command so to speak,with the news lady and determination, I think I will start at the top then work back down. Everyone stay strong and stick together. Meshed up, maybe the news here has an affiliate station where you are?? Could go nationwide(ncluding Canada)...just a thought.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
All meshed up, thanks for putting ashley in her place, but I had to check her site anyway and found on there that there IS a NJ case against Bard davol going on now but only for the vaginal mesh......I dont get it, the kugel with the ring still used the same materials except the ring and the vaginal mesh uses same materials as the composix e/x so why is everyone so afraid to take them on for ALL OF THE MESHED UP PRODUCTS??
Blair, so informative thank you. Unfortunate why you are so informed but you are helping others...not that that helps your catastrophic surgeries/injuries..but thank you. I have taken Bill to different surgeons, gastro docs, etc., and none of them want to touch him?? Maybe taking this public will find not only justice but relief and some kid of solution for his physical state. I dont think there is a cure for the mental and emotional toll this has taken on anyone except hope and helping others. I wont say revenge because my karma will not allow it. Right is right, and Davol Bard has been and continues to be WRONG. I found reports from the early 's 2000's against davol bard esh product and yet they continued to promote their faulty product to the trusting public. Ok, they admit the kugel"ring" failed but from what I have read the whole thing not just the ring but the mesh as a whole failed, so then they keep selling something that continually failed inside of people, caused infections, perforations, obstructions, etc. and then they push the bladdersling which has same issues...how do they get away with this and how does the FDA let them? must be some serious lobbying going on somewhere.....think I will contact the President today, its easy, you can email,check the box for a response, and you acually get one in the mail a week or two later. Or you can call. Maybe I am going about this wrong trying to follo chain of command so to speak,with the news lady and determination, I think I will start at the top then work back down. Everyone stay strong and stick together. Meshed up, maybe the news here has an affiliate station where you are?? Could go nationwide(ncluding Canada)...just a thought.
I have tried before to get newspapers interested. I have contacted Fox news. I have sent messages to my Senators. I have sent info to everybody I can think of. Easy to do when you are so sick you can't really do much but raise hell. No one that I have talked to can wrap their heads around what I am trying to tell them. They don't understand even with my documentation. There is the attitude that if its as bad as I am saying it is then the Government MUST know and being doing something about it. And if they are NOT, then what I am saying must be a lie or the statements of an angry guy that cannot get a lawsuit because there is no reason for the lawsuit. Does that make sense? To us it does not. Most people believe that if its as bad as we say then everybody and GOD would be all over the manufacturers, raiding the offices, taking the mesh off the market, sueing the hell out of the companies. So if its not happening then we must be making it up. Goes back to what we have been told for a long time....ITS ALL IN OUR HEAD! No you stupid S.O.B.! ITS IN MY GUT!!!! Best Wishes Everybody.
Nissa

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Once again. The leading cause of death is medical care, and I use the term loosely...
riverrat

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

just take a look at this and ask your self where the hell is are law and justic

http://www.law360.com/companies/c-r-bard-inc/... ?
riverrat

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

and many want to take our GUNS away 'NOT'
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

riverrat wrote:
just take a look at this and ask your self where the hell is are law and justic
http://www.law360.com/companies/c-r-bard-inc/... ?
PLEASE!!! RiverRat, put a notice up before you post crap like that! Some of us have dinner before reading these posts! Its the same crap different day....They have the money and the politicians, not to mention the FDA in their pocket. When the manufacturers can blame the Dr.'s for not following the procedure guide, whether they did or not, or blame us for being in pain, getting disfigured, infected and such and the courts agree we better hang on to our guns because the government is not there for the people anymore. They are there for the money and their own skin. Not ours. As a veteran, what I am seeing is not the country I voluteered to protect anymore. I am truly saddened by what I see and hear. We are no longer represented. We are repressed, denied, ignored, subjegated and have become the peasants. There will be a revolution. Our government now represents themselves against the populace. Now I am sounding like a conspiracy theorist. Better have another beer and continue locking and loading. Is that somebody knocking on my door?,,,,,,,,
Life Changed 2011

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Terlin wrote:
Severe abdominal pain muscle loss confusion can't sleep anybody have these symptoms muscle spasms autoimune to hernia mesh along with bowel a bladder problems
2 yrs ago the 21 Jan, I had a 12 hour surgery to remove the gortex dual mesh that perforated my small bowel and bladder. I was left with peripheral nerve damage throughout by body. I've had to learn to walk again, lost the ability to run as I once did (4x's a week 6 miles round trip). My Life as it was is No longer. If your having those symptoms please get them checked!!! I pray the Best for you n feel that your only recourse is removing the mesh. A hospital in Atlanta Grady Hospital Saved My Life!!!
Prayers going Up!!!
Terlin

Wayne, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Life Changed 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 yrs ago the 21 Jan, I had a 12 hour surgery to remove the gortex dual mesh that perforated my small bowel and bladder. I was left with peripheral nerve damage throughout by body. I've had to learn to walk again, lost the ability to run as I once did (4x's a week 6 miles round trip). My Life as it was is No longer. If your having those symptoms please get them checked!!! I pray the Best for you n feel that your only recourse is removing the mesh. A hospital in Atlanta Grady Hospital Saved My Life!!!
Prayers going Up!!!
had my mesh removed oct 26 2012 by dr ramshaw colon adhesions removed and de tangeld mesh from nerves whith he cut and buried still have severe ab pain mostly above groin can't sit long all other symptoms I still have and difficult bowel movements, how long will this last
Mesh mate

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Yes, my husband has experienced increasingly debilitating pain since 2007 when Atrium proloop mesb was used to repair his hernia.se
Atrium Pro Loop Problems wrote:
Aloha,
Has anyone out there had adverse reaction to Atrium Pro-Loop Mesh for Inguinal Hernia repair? Please reply if so. I had surgery 6-2012 and have been in Pain ever since.
Thank you,
Sue

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,761 - 6,780 of7,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Benbrook Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Benbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance