what happened to all the original lab...

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE ORIGINAL LABARE DANCERS FROM THE FORT WORTH 1980-85ISH

Created by ROME-JOSIE on Jun 30, 2010

343 votes

Click on an option to vote

WE WERE THE ORIGINALS

WHOS STILL ALIVE

Jen

United States

#84 May 17, 2013
Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! I can't believe there's someone out there that remembers the "original" NW Highway LaBare dancers. I remember Rabbit, Cowboy, Sco and all the dancers there. I was one of them. I started there opening night and stayed there for about three years. I was named "Dallas". Mr. March in the 1980 Labare calander. It would be nice to find the footage of when P.M. Magazine came out to the club and filmed a segment. I think Lizza Gibbons was the host back then. That was lots of fun. Good friends and beautiful women.
Are you the same Dallas that drove a jeep and hung out and lived with Michael Anthony and colt. If it is it's great to hear fom u keep in touch. My and my girlfriends Christie and Gail would hang out with all of you often. I am Jen I was older. [email protected]
Dallas

Bristol, FL

#85 May 17, 2013
DECEMBER wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT OR WHERE PARIS{MICHEAL J HARP} OR RABBIT ARE OR ARE ANY OF THE ORIGINAL NW HWY DANCERS ARE OR STILL LIVING?
I remember Rabbit, Sco, Paris, Cowboy, Ryan and the crew. Damn! Has it been That long? I'm Dallas. Started there opening night and danced for about 3 years. Great times. Great friends !! Now living and working in Florida.
Kim

Deer Park, TX

#86 Jun 3, 2013
Debbie wrote:
Most of them are still in the DFW area, Jessie (Rebel) works for the railroad, Ken was with Chemlawn, not sure if he still is. Rod is in Chattanooga TN, Lee (Rajun Cajun) is in Georgia, Regis is in Arlington, I think BJ is too. Michael Dowd (Sundance) is in Ft. Worth.
Did lee work at the Houston club too? Lived with mark and blue Hawaiian ?
Mike Good

Fort Worth, TX

#87 Jun 7, 2013
hi me and Wesley Shaw are Homosexuals
Misty

Fort Worth, TX

#88 Jun 12, 2013
What happened to they guys at the Arlington Division street location from the early to mid 90's? such great times....
observer

Bothell, WA

#89 Jul 11, 2013
One of the original Houston LaBare dancers here.
Worked with "Magic", "Sko", "Sonny", "Vito", "LV",
"JM", "Danny"(danced to C&W), "Kevin", "Mike"(from Dallas), "Cristian"(sp?), RQ, "Bobby"(body builder L Lopez), "Marvin"(danced to rock),........
OMG what a time in life! Wonder I survived those days.
I've pretty much kept it to myself over the years.
And most wouldn't even believe it if I DID tell them I was a make dancer back in the day. lol :-)

I'd love to get in touch with those guys again!
If anybody out there in cyber land knows where Roland, Reid, Sonny, Bobby, Mike, Jerome, JM, Dana or any of the other wild men are. [email protected]
Unbelievable....lol :-)

Oh...one other thing. To the joker above that keeps implying we dancers were a bunch of gays.....
I can tell ya...a lot of boy friends, husbands wished to hell we WERE-but we weren't!:-D
Scott Brown

Fort Worth, TX

#90 Jul 14, 2013
I worked at the Arlington LaBare (Division St) from late 1991-mid 1992. I was the short bartender with the long hair, Dan was the big guy, ex Marine. I made a few cameos on stage when Sergio didn't feel like dancing his set, since we kinda looked alike. We had some good times - those parties we'd have after work were crazy! When I worked there, I used to have an old white 66 Chevy Belair 4-door that Hollywood used to make fun of and called it the 'love boat'. But I remember most all those guys, let me see how many names I can name off the top of my head: Steve Dallas, Michael Anthony, Big Joe, Nitro, Turbo, Joe Steel, Hollywood, Preston, Hush Boy, Cash, Sergio, Fabio, G-Rock ... I know I'm leaving some out - can see their faces, but forgot the names.

Since: Jul 13

Fort Worth, TX

#91 Jul 14, 2013
Actually it was late 1992- to mid 1993. Because it was 1993 when Jimmy Echols (Nitro) made it to the finals on American Gladiator
Debbie

Fort Worth, TX

#92 Jul 15, 2013
Kim, yes you are right Lee worked in Houston for several months after FW closed & did live with Blue Hawaiian. I don't remember Mark, but alot of that era was a blur, Blue use to come to FW to visit after Lee moved back, we always had lots of fun.
Chris Buis

Fort Worth, TX

#93 Jul 17, 2013
Hi. I'm a homosexual
Belinda

Galveston, TX

#95 Aug 8, 2013
I used to go to Labare in Dallas back in the 90's and I remember quiet a few of the Dancers. They were all great guys. I especially remember Rio, and Kennedy. I was wondering if anyone knows where Kennedy and Rio are. I would love to hear from them.
Both of them used to come to my apartment and I would cook dinner for them. Such wonderful guys.
Debbie

Soddy Daisy, TN

#96 Aug 10, 2013
Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! I can't believe there's someone out there that remembers the "original" NW Highway LaBare dancers. I remember Rabbit, Cowboy, Sco and all the dancers there. I was one of them. I started there opening night and stayed there for about three years. I was named "Dallas". Mr. March in the 1980 Labare calander. It would be nice to find the footage of when P.M. Magazine came out to the club and filmed a segment. I think Lizza Gibbons was the host back then. That was lots of fun. Good friends and beautiful women.
I remember all of them Paris was my favorite as well As shane, I also remember scott, ace, rabbit, randy, and the indian dancer.
Debbie

Soddy Daisy, TN

#97 Aug 10, 2013
I would love to know what happened to Paris He was awesome. Michael J. Harp
Debbie

Soddy Daisy, TN

#98 Aug 10, 2013
Patrick Ferris wrote:
I am alive and well. I danced in the mid to late 80's with the bachelors male revue and Dallas Lebare,
stage name Hollywood then went to my real name Patrick. I was in the era of Steve Dallas, Randy--master blaster etc...
I remember you Hollywood!! Awesome!!
Chipper

Fenton, MO

#99 Sep 12, 2013
Does anyone remember Trice (Redbud)? Our favorites were Eric Elam (Cassidy),Carey Bubba Redbud and several others I now live in St Charles Mo. Our names were Chipper Cindy and Kathy. My dear friend Kathy just passed away this May. She will be dearly missed.I hope you guys can remember us That times were the best Chipper56
Chipper

Fenton, MO

#100 Sep 12, 2013
Shout out to Eric Elam, Redbud Bubba Carey Rick the Golden Boy. Kathy passed away in May. Cindy and I now live in Missouri. We had some fun times at Labare in Dallas and Ft. Worth. Hope you are all doing well. Chipper and Cindy
observer

Puyallup, WA

#101 Sep 17, 2013
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more posts asking about Sko. He was perhaps THE premiere dancer/entertainer at LaBare Dallas(along w "Magic", "Sonny"). Pretty talented dancers & put together/choreographed most of LaBares special events that they put on.
How about Olin Frazier? That name ring a bell?
Mike & John w M&J Ent? They owned/started LaBare Dallas IIRC... Kenny(last name escapes me)came from Dallas to manage Houston. Gotta say, it's a trip reading these posts.

Talk about life in the FAST LANE. Jeezz....lol :-))
Dallas

Bristol, FL

#102 Sep 17, 2013
I was at the NW Hwy La Bare since opening night. It wasn't long after that when Sco,(Scott) started dancing there. I admired him, He was a great guy with great standards and the guy could dance !! He wore a hooded mask for the main reason to not be recognized. He was paying his way through college as I recall. Anyway, I really enjoyed the times there and all the great people I met. Good memories last a lifetime...

B.K.(Dallas)
observer

United States

#103 Sep 19, 2013
Dallas wrote:
I was at the NW Hwy La Bare since opening night. It wasn't long after that when Sco,(Scott) started dancing there. I admired him, He was a great guy with great standards and the guy could dance !! He wore a hooded mask for the main reason to not be recognized. He was paying his way through college as I recall. Anyway, I really enjoyed the times there and all the great people I met. Good memories last a lifetime...
B.K.(Dallas)
You ain't kiddin R Scott could dance. When he'd come down to Hou to coordinate a special event, me, & some other guys would pile in his Audi & go drinking & dancing.(Think LaBare put him up in ext stay hotels, might even leased that Audi for him-like I said he was good-mgt took care of him).
Funny to watch the gals-while out playing, wouldn't be long before a lot of women in the clubs figd out we weren't just regulars stumbling in chasing girls....."are you guys LaBare dancers!?"
Jeezzz!! did we enjoy ourselves and have FUN!
Lol :-))
Btw, what was Kenny's last name?? guy that came down from Dallas w Olin, later took Hou over & mngd it...? See his face, do good to rem his first name...:-p and very cool to exchange posts w another LaBare orig! ;-)
Stephen Colonna Mavrick

Hondo, TX

#105 Oct 9, 2013
Waiter, Dancer, Asst Manager Labare San Antonio, Fort Worth had a brother that danced as Lil'Bit.
I still keep in touch with Zee and The Big Ragu.
Used to see Big John often years ago when he was still alive.
Still miss one of my best friends "Archie" Dancer and Zee and I's room mate. Arch if your still out there contact me at [email protected]
Those were some wild times Bro's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-chief gets probation in theft by public serv... (Sep '07) 1 hr Glad your gone crook 3
New Officers Past 2 hr Glad your gone crook 2
News Julian Castro Returning To Texas Under VP Rumors Jun 17 Paddy O-Malley 1
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Jun 17 VsLs13 gang 47
Marylee Drysdale (Aug '13) Jun 16 Binky Morgan 3
News Man arrested in fatal Benbrook shooting (May '10) Mar '16 rip pat n aaron 33
News Train hits pickup truck, driver dies (Jul '06) Feb '16 PKz 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages