Accused drunk driver, Fort Worth Police Department Officer Jesus Cisneros.

Dec 22, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTXA-TV Fort Worth

Required fields are marked with an asterisk The information you provide will be used only to send the requested e-mail and will not be used to send any other e-mail communications.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

I would like to know how many people he has arrested for DWI.
Roberto

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

He was one of the better cops too, it's a shame
Fabian

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

wow! a police officer driving a cop car while being drunk! thats unacceptable.
Johnny Cooper

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

Cisneros, "Chuy" is a good friend of mine, I was shocked to hear about this, it is very sad for both families involved. My regards go out to everyone. Chuy is an outstanding person and very good man who loved his job, everyone is making him out to be a monster, but this is not the case. Just a very, very sad day for everone.
Daniel

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

I finally understood what it is that bothers me abou how this was handled. It's not so much the leniency he was given; I suppose that's to be expected, the thin blue line and all. No, it's that our criminal justice system has a certain amount of pain built into it. Arrest, jail, bond, lawyers, the whole nine yards, all of it is painful and expensive. This drunk driver has avoided all that. Because he's special.
I have thought for a long time that when a cop commits a crime that he is automatically liable for double the sentence. I'd be all in favor of this cop going to prison for a long time. And why not? There are thousands of people in prison doing long time for doing the exact same thing. That he's a cop, a "good man" and "not a monster" is irrelevant any more than such things were relevant when those thousands of other drunk drivers who killed someone got their prison sentence.

Let him hang.
JDinTX

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Don't be shocked if he gets a short jail term or a 10 year probation sentence.Tell those two kids that she was MURDERED by a loving,nice police officer.Give me a break,he should get the same,if not more than the other MONSTERS who drive drunk and kill people.
tax payer

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

Considering I helped purchase the automobile ,its insurance , payed the salary, etc. of this irresponsible individual I feel I deserve restitution . He should be prosecuted to the fullest . This is supposed to be a model for our youth?
He Broke the law knowingly , he needs to pay!
Bkrbtch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

And where is the TABC investigation? Shouldn't they be investigating the bar and grill that served these officers? We haven't heard anything about that.
Or is it that they are looking the other way because it includes a Ft. Worth cop?
Where are all the press releases about that? The name of the place has not even been mentioned.
Santa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

If convicted of the intoxication manslaughter Cisneros faces up to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

My god its going to cost the family more to bury the Family .. should be a fine that he has to pay to the family not the g*ddamm Courts...
JOHNNY COOPER

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

WELL I WASN'T SAYING HE SHOULD BE LET OFF, ALTHOUGH AS A FRIEND THAT SUCKS TO SAY. CRIME SHOULD BE EQUAL PUNISHMENT NO MATTER THE ACCUSED, BUT OH AND HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE WORD BUT???? THERE IS STILL AN INVESTIGATION AND NO ONE ON THIS POST KNOWS THE TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPEN THERE FOR MAY WE NOT FORGET BEFORE WE "HANG" THE MONSTERS OUT THERE, LET THERE BE INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY, OH AND WHAT ELSE SUCKS IS THAT WE SEEM TO FORGET THAT WE OVER LOOK PUNISHING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, SO WHEN THEY GO BUY A CAR WITHOUT A TEXAS STATE DRIVERS LICENSE AND THEN PURCHASE INSURANCE WITHOUT LEGAL ID OR DL "IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THIS SENTENCE, DRIVE DOWN NW 28TH STREET YOU WILL SEE SIGNS HANGING FOR THESE ILLEGALS TO CONTINUE TO THRIVE IN OUR COUNTRY" OK BACK TO WHAT I WAS SAYING, SO WE LET IN ILLEGALS THAT BUY CARS AND TRUCKS AND INSURANCE AND THEY DRIVE AROUND AND PRETEND TO LIVE HERE AS FREE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND HAVE BABIES, THEN LATE ONE NIGHT THEY LEAVE THEIR HOME AND TURN A CORNER WITHOUT A BLINKER AND BAMMMMMMMMMMM! ITS THE OTHER GUYS FAULT?
Gaud

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

JOHNNY COOPER wrote:
WELL I WASN'T SAYING HE SHOULD BE LET OFF, ALTHOUGH AS A FRIEND THAT SUCKS TO SAY. CRIME SHOULD BE EQUAL PUNISHMENT NO MATTER THE ACCUSED, BUT OH AND HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE WORD BUT???? THERE IS STILL AN INVESTIGATION AND NO ONE ON THIS POST KNOWS THE TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPEN THERE FOR MAY WE NOT FORGET BEFORE WE "HANG" THE MONSTERS OUT THERE, LET THERE BE INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY, OH AND WHAT ELSE SUCKS IS THAT WE SEEM TO FORGET THAT WE OVER LOOK PUNISHING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, SO WHEN THEY GO BUY A CAR WITHOUT A TEXAS STATE DRIVERS LICENSE AND THEN PURCHASE INSURANCE WITHOUT LEGAL ID OR DL "IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THIS SENTENCE, DRIVE DOWN NW 28TH STREET YOU WILL SEE SIGNS HANGING FOR THESE ILLEGALS TO CONTINUE TO THRIVE IN OUR COUNTRY" OK BACK TO WHAT I WAS SAYING, SO WE LET IN ILLEGALS THAT BUY CARS AND TRUCKS AND INSURANCE AND THEY DRIVE AROUND AND PRETEND TO LIVE HERE AS FREE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND HAVE BABIES, THEN LATE ONE NIGHT THEY LEAVE THEIR HOME AND TURN A CORNER WITHOUT A BLINKER AND BAMMMMMMMMMMM! ITS THE OTHER GUYS FAULT?
I fail to see how immigration and intoxicated vehicular manslaughter can be compared. Don't get me wrong ,I know they are both against the law but the severity is just a bit different..
As far as the innocent until proven guilty is concerned you obviously haven't been "accused" of any criminal activity in the past decade! But honestly J.C. this officer allegedly (word inserted just for you) killed someone by being irresponsible and doing the very illegal thing he has sworn to enforce ..probably arrested and convicted many, many ,truly Innocent or less intoxicated persons for a lot less serious results.
I'm sure chuy is a great person , a good cop , etc . but even good people make bad decisions . I feel for both families involved but even if "chuy" is convicted and serves time (which he should) for the careless loss of life by his recklessness and lack of respect for the law , when he's through "serving his debt to society" he gets to go home .....unlike the true victim in this fatal accident.
Filldaddy

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

The family probably stands to win a wrongful death suit from the city, anyways. Not to undermine the seriousness of losing the family member, but I don't think they will have to worry about the costs of burial.

I'd have to agree with Daniel and Santa, law enforcement should be held to a higher standard than the civilians they are sworn to protect. Nothing worse than a cop who commits his own crimes, other than covering for one who does!
Johnny Cooper

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Judged:

I agree, as for the immigrant rant I had, I live in the part of town this happened in and I'm sure the victim was illegal.
Confused

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

I'm a family member of Jesus Cisneros. Lets hear from the other side. I've known Jesus for over 25 yrs. We feel really bad for the family and especially the kids. We had her picture up in our kitchen the day she was burried. It was a terrible accident. I know that he will get what he deserves in this. We also dont agree with what he did, but he has suffered the consequences with killing someone. Does anyone know what it feels like, to kill someone and have to live with it everyday? Unless, you have been there. It took one night to change your whole life. He loved what he did and he was good at it. Do you know how many people he saved and helped? No you dont, we do. Has anyone questioned what she was doing at 2:00 in the morning getting breakfast. It was an aweful thing to happen, but she was out getting breakfast....what....explain that to me? I dont know either. That also doesnt justify what he did. I just know that he will get what he deserves. He has been under a long recovery for this accident also and wont be the same emotionally and physically. His job is gone and the whole family has suffered also. We are not doing well either. So dont think we are just fine, we're not. Everyone is suffering.
Daniel

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

So, family member, now you know how the family members of other criminals feel. You mention all the good he's done: you think other people who commit crimes don't also have some good in them? You mention his family is suffering - yeah, that's what happens.

But trying to blame the victim for being on the road (for whatever reason) at two in the morning is over the top.

He got drunk. On duty. Driving a city-owned vehicle. He killed someone. That makes him guilty of vehicular manslaughter and driving while intoxicated. I'm willing to bet that when other people do similr things you don't stop and think about all the collateral damage and feel sympathy for the killer.

Now it's personal though. Now you get to see first-hand what it's like to have a family member disappear into the maw of the criminal justice system. Oh, and he better get the full 20 years. People are tired of cops getting special treatment. If it were up to me he'd get double the penalty due to his third crime of being a cop and doing this.

No sympathy here. None at all, not even a little bit. By every definition of the law he is a criminal.
RHresident

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Santa wrote:
If convicted of the intoxication manslaughter Cisneros faces up to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
My god its going to cost the family more to bury the Family .. should be a fine that he has to pay to the family not the g*ddamm Courts...
I was in the Tarrant County courtroom of Judge Salvant, there was a man there that plead guilty to his 14th DWI, yes his 14th...he was sentenced to 25 years. Now that is crazy...14 DWI's and he only serving 25 years.
TonyH_EL PASO and NC

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Praying for you "Chuy", as I am praying for the family of the deceased.
When I heard what had happened I couldn't belive it man. You and your family are in my prayers.
What happend that night was a targedy, and only God knows how serious it will get. Stay strong and ask God to forgive you.
To the Baker family, may God bring peace in your lives, and find it in your heart to forgive the man for what he did.
Christ is Lord!!
VANESSA

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

I seriously dont care if this guy is a good guy or not! He broke the law and its been proven he was at fault... trying to blame my cousin for being in the street at 2am IS PURE STUPIDITY! The big picture is he drank, he drove, ran 2 red lights (which another person called into 911 that night to report BEFORE he wrecked into and killed my cousin)!! So I hope he pays for this and sits and rots in prison with guilt!!!! we owe him or his family not an once of sympathy! I only feel sorry that they had to be emabarrased by his actions!
dont-think-so

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Roberto wrote:
He was one of the better cops too, it's a shame
Apparantly not, as his OWN supervisor said NO, when asked IF he was a good candidate for probation.
dont-think-so

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

Ex Chief Mendoza knew (Cisneros's chemical dependency) and let him off at least twice; did not order him TO treatment.
Buddies knew, and did not take the keys. Wife undeniably knew, because in addiction,there's a little somethin' somethin' called tolerance. Nobody BUT a maintainance alcoholic, consumers 10, 12 beers, shots...whatever, AND still walks. This tolerance Cisneros had, it took years of "problem" heavy drinking. Wife knew, but didn't want to risk anger, risk being left. EX Chieh Menoza knew, but hey, they were both latin, and, both thin blue line. Buddies knew but hey; we are men, we are tough, we are bullet proof and, he'll be o.k. hell, he's been like that for years so what the hell, it will be o.k. Well, that's where do the right thing at ANY cost comes in. At any cost. Risk anger, Confront, take keys, order to treatment...DO SOMETHING dumb asses, here's where it leads.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Benbrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Benbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••