Man, 22, slain after argument over noise

Man, 22, slain after argument over noise

There are 159 comments on the A liberal dose story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Man, 22, slain after argument over noise. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

“The noise would wake his babies up at night”

FORT WORTH -- A simmering dispute between north Fort Worth neighbors over loud music and late-night partying ended early Saturday when one homeowner fatally shot the other with a shotgun, police said.

Joseph Rosier, 41, is accused of shooting James Eckenrode, 22, about 2:30 a.m. in the 700 block of Darlington Trail in a subdivision off Bailey-Boswell Road, police said. Rosier, who neighbors said is married with two children, was being held in the Tarrant County Jail on suspicion of murder. Bail had not been set. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
unknown

Fort Worth, TX

#142 Aug 14, 2008
its very sad the police did not take care of this properly, it resulted in heart break. the constution says you have the right to bear arms and protect yourfamily. I have heard all my life do not pick up a gun if your not going to use it . also the new castle law . no bill ,the grand jury could not brak the law.
unknow

Fort Worth, TX

#143 Aug 14, 2008
i agree with you ,its time to wrap it up .
Prophet

Downey, CA

#144 Aug 15, 2008
A close family friend wrote:
Anyone who would "celebrate" Jimmy's death and back up a MURDERER is completed fkk'd in the head. Sure, Rosier deserves the chance to be forgiven, if he repents to the Lord and changes his ways. The facts are, Jimmy was quite successful at his young age, and he put friends & family first. Lots of people drink and have friends over and are a lil loud at times, but since when does that mean the homeowner should be SHOT????! So Jimmy had a gun.. well I can tell you this, he was never "trigger-happy", I'd hung out with him quite a bit and never knew he even owned a gun.
And sadly it looks like Rosier may walk away from this scott-free...
(NO FAITH IN THE JUDGEMENT SYSTEM!)
... but he will face the ULTIMATE judgement day and when that time comes, he will be begging Jimmy to piss on him in Hell.
***love and miss you jimmy*** <33333
If you truly loved him, you should have been with him a lot more and counseled him not to play his loud music to the point it made all his neighbors miserable! You and all his Party Friends let him down and maybe that is why he is dead.......... It’s tough to me a man! It’s tough to me a good friend!
freedom

Concord, Canada

#145 Aug 23, 2008
People in the United States of America have the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That little party boy was denying that of his so called neighbors.

Also in this country is the right to defend those liberties. Think about that before you say the police state needs to get involved, and execute the so called 'murderer'.

Think about it, if this guy looses sleep for 3 months, is too tired, sleeps in, is late for work, looses his job, can't pay the bills and ends up homeless because of this party boy..his children are likely to lead a horrible life and starve. Same goes to his wife. Law of unintended consequences also applies, but all of this happening because of noise and sleep deprivation (which IS torture under the Geneva conventions).

Clear case of self-defense, and FUCK the state, they didn't do anything those 13 times, so they've already lost their turn to deal with it. LET THIS PERSON GO FREE!
unknow

Fort Worth, TX

#146 Aug 24, 2008
Joe Rosier was no billed ,no bill is free over and done with.
Summary

Denton, TX

#147 Sep 9, 2008
THE END!
mark allen lakins

Grand Prairie, TX

#148 Sep 26, 2008
May God have mercy on your cynical, pathetic souls. I hope one day you will grieve over your own and be beat by the onlookers who are half informed. Anger is not a sufficient explanation of how I feel.
Summary

Denton, TX

#149 Oct 1, 2008
STILL, THE END!
Mother who has lost a son

Laguna Beach, CA

#150 Feb 10, 2009
unknow wrote:
Joe Rosier was no billed ,no bill is free over and done with.
What happened with the "Assault with a Deadly Weapon Charges" regarding the girlfriend?
Lindsey

United States

#151 Nov 7, 2009
The fact is I WAS THERE! I DID see this! And it wasnt in the middle of his yard, when Jimmy got shot his body fell into Rosier's yard and it was actually where the two yards meet. This man deserves to be in prison but from my understanding, and I might be wring and would love to be corrected, nothing happened. He did hit Karen (Jimmys girlfriend) with the end of the shotgun, she had to get stitches and had a black eye and swolen face for weeks. He deserves at the very least to be charged for that. I was told by Rosier he would "shoot me too" along with my other friend when we tried to help Jimmy. If you dont know what happened and werent there dont try to stick up for the man that did this. I can tell you, over a year later, I still remember the look in his eyes and it was pure evil. He deserves to be behind bars. He took a father from his child, a brother from his family, and a very good man and friend from the rest of the world.
Richard Head

Grand Prairie, TX

#152 Nov 9, 2009
I can see him getting shot playing ABBA to loud but not RUSH or The Who
Lindsey

United States

#153 Nov 13, 2009
Richard Head wrote:
I can see him getting shot playing ABBA to loud but not RUSH or The Who
seriously like why even comment if your going to be a smartass? real people lost their friend. be a little considerate.
Lindsey

United States

#154 Nov 13, 2009
Mr-BIGG MOUTH - in LAMESA wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% All of these people are saying that he was only 22,a home owner,and had a job. If he was a mature ADULT,he wouldn't have had the police go out their so much. Thier is nothing wrong with having a little party, but lets be MATURE about it. Like on a week end shut it down at or arount 12, a week day shut it down around 10. You really dont need the music FULL BLAST, just enough to where everybody "in" the house can here it. As for going outside with a pistol, he (JIMMY) shouldn't have pulled it out unless he intended to use it! I dont blame Mr. Rosier for doing what he did. I mean come on the cops went over 13 times! GROW UP PEOPLE, THE KID WENT IN TO HIS YARD. I my eyes Mr. Rosier only protected his family and himself.
JUST MY 2 CENTS
You dont know what your talking about! Jimmy wasn in his yard... HE FELL INTO IT WHEN HE GOT SHOT! Yes he had the right to protect his family but reality is Jimmy did not "waive his gun around saying he would spray his house" he went out there calmly and ended up losing his life. So how about if you werent there and dont ACTUALLY know what happened keep your "2cents" to yourself!
Lindsey

United States

#155 Nov 13, 2009
Local Resident wrote:
Dear "Friend Fort Worth", your name is also Anonymous... idiot. And your last line makes you a hypocrite. Idiot.
Of course every single one of us has had to grieve over someone. That's life.
In this case, there is just one more lying, stealing, con-artist, drug-dealing, crack-head, deadbeat dad, drug-taking thug no one has to deal with. Ever again! I can only feel sorry for the Rosier family and what they will endure now.
And I can't say it enough. The parents and police dropped the ball.
Teach your children properly as they grow up and maybe they won't be threatening their neighbors with a handgun while snubbing their nose to authority and laughing about and taunting it at the same time... and end up getting shot and killed for it!!!
You obviously know nothing about Jimmy. You say "lying, stealing, con-artist, drug-dealing, crack-head, deadbeat dad, drug-taking thug no one has to deal with" Jimmy was not a theif, liar, drug dealer or addict, and he loved his daughter and did everything he could for her. Jimmy isnt the one that threatened him, Rosier was the one who went looking for Jimmy that night! Unless you were there and actually know what went on you have no room to say or post anything. You cant always believe what the media says, I like how they just happened to leave out the fact that Rosier was known to be an abusive person and has killed someone before. NOONE DESERVES TO DIE! Especially not over something so stupid! And yes I was there that night. The cop who came to the house said nothing about "the music" because for one there was none and two the movie wasnt loud. She told someone to move their car from in front of his mailbox! Thus the reason people were outside.... MOVING THEIR CARS! If you ask me Rosier was pissed off and decided AHEAD OF TIME he was going to take it out on Jimmy. This is why he called the cops, knowing people would have to go outside to move their cars. Kind of weird to me how quickly he was outside with his shotgun screaming "Wheres Jimmy" and kind of weird how less than 10 seconds after Jimmy walked outside there were gun shots. He didnt wait to see what Jimmy had to say or wait to see if Jimmy had a gun. He just shot him. If it were "self defense" he wouldnt have shot him THREE times and then hit his girlfriend in the head and told her and others he would "shoot them too if they came any closer" and yes I do know that he said this! it was said to me!
Also if you feel the need to say rude things please think twice, yes everyone is intitled to their opinion, but think first about Jimmys family. They lost a son, father, and brother! I know personally from losing my brother 2 years ago that when people that have NO CLUE WHAT HAPPENED talk shit it still hurts and it is very unneccesary.
name

Fort Myers, FL

#156 Nov 13, 2009
Friend Fort Worth Tx wrote:
.Those of you putting Anonymous, are too ashamed to put your real names.
and so is mine.
Shane

United States

#157 Dec 8, 2009
yep its real tough to live next door to someone who has no respect for their neighbors.Im sure this Jimmy guy had lots of friends because he was having them come to his home to raise hell in the hood.the man next door had children and the type people who hang out and drink and smoke dope may have in the long run may have raped or threated his kids.now for real who do you know wants to live in that way.......it was comming to this one day for Jimmy because of his bulling ways.he has a look that says dont back talk me or ill beat your ass.he got it because he was going to hurt someone in his lifetime and you can see that by his actions.he didnt want to be civil in the hood because he was a big man to his friends.so he got put down at a young age....was just a matter of time before the cops did the same as the neighbor.
Richard Head

Montgomery, AL

#158 Dec 11, 2009
Now I've played Led Zeppelin's Kashmir and Boston's More Than A Feeling very loud and got positive results but not Loverboy and Reo Speedwagon
Crystal

United States

#159 Sep 7, 2012
anonymous wrote:
The truth is Joan, neither of us were there when it happened and we certainly can't come to conclusions by reading what the media tells us about the situation. Two things that are not stated in most articles on this incident are that Jimmy had a gun too and that the shooting happened in the middle of the Rosier's lawn (not Eckenrode's lawn!). I do agree it is a very sad situation for BOTH sides for sure! I feel like the public was let down by the FWPD, because the fact is they had been called out at least 13 times in 3 mths to the Eckenrode residence by multiple neighbors, not just the Rosiers. Why can't the police be more proactive rather than reactive?!?
My heart goes out to all who are affected from this tragedy.
Look Joan I WAS there and joe is a pshyco that NEEDS to be in jail, he beat my friends ass with the shotgun that WAS jims Gf and threatened me AND my friend when we were the ONLY ones not to run away. He is a menace towards society and deserves to be locked up.
jimbo

United States

#160 Feb 15, 2013
From someone who knew him...he was a good caring friend. At 22yrs old and in his situation you couldnt have expected him to have all his "life affairs" in order. He made a mistake. The neighbor made a mistake. His life has left a positive impact on mine. Who are we to judge? God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Hurt As Tornados Rip Through Grayson County Wed Reichsfuhrer von ... 2
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Wed Cowgirl 250
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Apr 25 Elise Gingerich 45
News Monterey Symphony's fifth installment shines at... Apr 25 Elise Gingerich 1
Irish traveller's (Nov '08) Apr 21 big fat guy 1,420
Racism towards Irish travellers in ftworth (Aug '13) Apr 19 Hooked-on-Phonetics 96
News Man says he renounced Aryan gang membership (Sep '07) Apr 17 Bryan bone aiken 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages