First Prev
of 2
Next Last
roadhouse

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jul 26, 2010
Funny how the town is broke.Did the city sec and council members know? Or did they run out of toes and fingers to count ? WONDER how many grants and old people they took from to add to their homes or buy new ones? BOLA DE RATAS....... We need a fluted piper to lead the rats from town......Tina blow your horn and get em out
concerned citizens

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Jul 26, 2010
all those old members need to get kicked out of the board they aren't doing anything for the town. our kids don't have one desent park or anythinh to do.
hot in red

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Jul 27, 2010
Benavides is a nice townn.. and so what if were broke.. they will find out who stold the moneyy
REALLY

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2010
hot in red wrote:
Benavides is a nice townn.. and so what if were broke.. they will find out who stold the moneyy
You can't be serious!!! There is nothing nice about Benavides anymore it looks like a damn ghost town!
"Who cares if were broke" umm the citizens of Benavides care cause the kids need resouces as do the elderly. Don't be ignorant
hot in red

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Jul 28, 2010
whatever dude.. Benavides can be boring at sometimes..and so what if it is a ghost town..
bored

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Aug 1, 2010
i never thought id post on here or even give a minute to read comments, here i am. i think benavides is great. as any town. its the people who live in the town that make it what it is. all i see is misery. people commenting ugly, horrible things about one another and then showing up in church on sunday. nobody has any money to pay bills but you see them driving around all day, buying coach purses, the best cell phones (and their kids have 'em too)etc.....people care more about what they drive then what they live in. you can bet they dont miss payments on cell phones, computers, and so on but forget the important things like gas and water and electricity. if you think so much that the town needs a "change", do something. be a good citizen and get your kids off the couch and pick up trash off the streets, plant trees, get active. stop talking about everybody. god bless ALL of us.
youngblood

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Aug 1, 2010
i dont even get off the bed to pick up trash in my yard much less in the town
seahorse

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Aug 2, 2010
youngblood wrote:
i dont even get off the bed to pick up trash in my yard much less in the town
well than that just shows how much of a lazy person you are
hot in red

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Aug 2, 2010
i know do something for the townn... that can make it better
youngblood

Alice, TX

#10 Aug 3, 2010
the employees do it.....
Johnny cc

Elgin, TX

#11 Aug 3, 2010
hot in red wrote:
No one stold money so just shut up with that .
hot in red

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Aug 3, 2010
i dont need to shut up with that,, its my town.. and its free world i can do whatever i want....
bds

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 16, 2010
Johnny cc wrote:
<quoted text>No one stold money so just shut up with that .
if no one stole the money from Benavides, they shouldn't be any scared. Just let the IRS take care of it. When there done we the small town of Benavides will find out if anyone stole money or if that were just lies.
CVH

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Mar 3, 2011
What money was stolen? What I see is that our water bill is too high. This is a very small town and if we don't start lowering our water bills our neighbors will be leaving for sure. Already as it is so many have left. But why not leave. There is not anything in this town to keep anyone here but our elderly parents. Its an hour and a half to and from Corpus. A total of 3 hrs. Then its an hour drive total to Alice. Then the little gas store is so high in prices. Why are we here? I am here because I believe the Lord led me here to live for a while. He knows me and knows I will speak up against what is wrong. A few months ago my water was shut off because of nonpayment. I am unemployed and was doing the best I could. I don't drive an expensive car and I don't have a cell phone. When I went to pay my water bill I was being charged for the month I didn't have service. What was I being billed for. They insisted that I pay the minimum which is about $54.50. But what am I paying for. I don't understand. I don't rent water or have a contract like a cell phone contract. Is this something like taxation without representation. Bill me for something I didn't buy
or use. I really do like the peace that I have living here. I know there's nothing to do but I like a small town life and just working in my garden. I like to sew and keep a clean house. I think small town people have a heart and are not cold and empty like some big city people are. Don't run me off.
Miko

AOL

#16 Mar 4, 2011
CVH wrote:
What money was stolen? What I see is that our water bill is too high. This is a very small town and if we don't start lowering our water bills our neighbors will be leaving for sure. Already as it is so many have left. But why not leave. There is not anything in this town to keep anyone here but our elderly parents. Its an hour and a half to and from Corpus. A total of 3 hrs. Then its an hour drive total to Alice. Then the little gas store is so high in prices. Why are we here? I am here because I believe the Lord led me here to live for a while. He knows me and knows I will speak up against what is wrong. A few months ago my water was shut off because of nonpayment. I am unemployed and was doing the best I could. I don't drive an expensive car and I don't have a cell phone. When I went to pay my water bill I was being charged for the month I didn't have service. What was I being billed for. They insisted that I pay the minimum which is about $54.50. But what am I paying for. I don't understand. I don't rent water or have a contract like a cell phone contract. Is this something like taxation without representation. Bill me for something I didn't buy
or use. I really do like the peace that I have living here. I know there's nothing to do but I like a small town life and just working in my garden. I like to sew and keep a clean house. I think small town people have a heart and are not cold and empty like some big city people are. Don't run me off.
Good luck to you, conserve your water limit your watering of your garden, oil up your sewing maching so that it runs perfectly all the time.
Wow

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2011
My water bill is $80 a month I wish only $54.50 haha
Annoyed

United States

#18 Mar 8, 2011
It's pretty sad how people can degrade one another. Benavides, is a small & poor town,but is something that has nothing to offer. When graduated I left & never returned. I was raised in poverty & I did not want my kids exposed to that lifestyle. Parents want their children to have better things and expose themselves to a great career, but how can one do that while living in the middle of nowhere? Mentioned above that people have the latest luxuries like phones & vehicles, but delay on paying the main bills. Haha so ironic & humiliating when you see them fashionable & showing off their stuff but yet many recieving government aid. It just upsets me how my hard earn tax dollars is to provide for lazy people who can work but will not!
lost

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 May 30, 2011
this town just needs love from everyone...by talking bad about it is not going to help make things better....
We can Better Benavides

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 May 31, 2011
I live in Benavides and no i don't talk bad about it or anyone in it. I mind my own business. It seems here everyone talks about everyone even if they don't even know a thing about you how quick they are to judge. I believe This town can be better if we all make it a point. There are many children here a good park for them will be great if we could all come together and help why would someone travel out to the county park when there's isn't much there also why did they do way with the activity's the programs so ill never see my kids in a Christmas program unless i moved i don't see that right.Every kid should experience those fun school activity's.
peace

Corpus Christi, TX

#21 Jun 1, 2011
I love this little town,I bbq at least every friday. I don't need much just my family to enjoy the day. It's a peaceful little town! Every town has it's problems,and to me this little town is just good enough for me. What upset me the most is how all these elected officials get paid for working for the city even in congress and the senate. Think of their salary and health care but yet their cutting on education. If Mr. Lincoln or Mr. Washington would be alive and had the salary that Mr. Obamma has. What would they say! As for the city officials why do they have to get paid. If your here to help the town your services should be free!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benavides Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dusty boot 13 min yo 6
Lisa Garza Rodriguez 44 min OMG 1
5th grade Teacher 1 hr Parent 1
ilda anita tanguma n family 7 hr Cluss 47
Webb CISD School Board overstepping their role 8 hr Amen 7
Katrina std perez & Jessica chapa Everett 9 hr kimmy 2
Chris & Ashley 10 hr Just me 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benavides Mortgages