For Minnesota Supreme Court: Page, Me...

For Minnesota Supreme Court: Page, Meyer and Dietzen

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 26, 2010, titled For Minnesota Supreme Court: Page, Meyer and Dietzen. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Three of the seven Minnesota Supreme Court justices are running for re-election this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Don Mashak

Pequot Lakes, MN

#1 Oct 27, 2010
The Status Quo has spoken...

If you like the condition our state and Country is in financially, morally and ethically, vote for the incumbents.

If you don't like the present situation WE THE PEOPLE find our selves in, vote for some fresh blood.

WERSAL, TINGELSTAD for MN Supreme Court

AND DAN GRIFFITH FOR MN APPELLATE COURT.

The Unallotment rule alone should demonstrate that the MN Supreme Court does not believe in the rule of law.

In less contentious times, the MN Legislature foresaw a time when they could not agree on a budget and made specific provision for the Governor to balance the budget in that event.

With the current bogus ruling, all any party hell bent on spending more money than the state has must do is stall approving a budget until the session expires.... The result is contrived chaos.

So, as you sit down and look at your paycheck and see how much goes to taxes.....

THINK TO YOURSELF, INCUMBENTS THAT WANT MORE OF YOUR PAY CHECK TO GO TO TAXES OR FRESH BLOOD TO RESTORE THE RULE OF LAW.\

Those were my thoughts.

Don Mashak
The Cynical Patriot
BabyRayRay

AOL

#2 Oct 28, 2010
Ever since the state supreme court gave Franken the green light to steal the election from Coleman they have lost my support. I will be voting against the incumbents and I urge everyone else to do the same.
elmo34

Manchester, CT

#3 Oct 28, 2010
It is these races that ultimately determine our fate on vital statewide issues. To continue to elect handmaids beholden to DFL interests results in the kind of biased decisions seen during the Franken Great Train Robbery case. It is time for us to seat Wersal and Tingelstad.
status quo

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 28, 2010
Vote these Franken apologists out.
Bernice

Albertville, MN

#5 Oct 28, 2010
WATCH OUT for Wersal, Tingelstad, Griffith and Pennwell, all of whom are endorsed not just by the Republican Party but by a group calling itself Justice in Minnesota which works to have judges for statewide positions elected by popular vote.

These judges would bring personal agendas to the bench - right wing fundamentalist religion in the cases of Tingelstad and Griffith; conservative ideology in the cases of all four.

That would mean - and this is what they think is the "right" thing to do - that judges for the Supreme and Appellate courts could collect money from political parties and from anonymously funded interest groups and use it to (1) advertise their positions on sensitive issues to voters who might then be influenced to vote for them and (2) buy TV ads to smear their opponents with the kind of ridiculous charges we see elected politicians make.

Justice would not be served by electing judges the same way we elect Congress. Justice is served by our current system of gubernatorial appointment when the governor selects one name from a list of three given him/her by an independent commission.

After serving one term, the appointed judges must be re-elected in order to serve additional terms. This system has given us excellent, unbiased judges for decades - no matter which party the appointing governor belonged to.

VOTE FOR FAIRNESS AND EXCELLENCE ON THE BENCH: Alan Page, Helen Meyer, Laurence Stauber and Chris Penwell's opponent in the 10th Judicial District.
Renee

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 30, 2010
Judicial seats are different from other elected offices. Judges need to be free to rule based on the law, not on political pressure. We need to keep big money and political endorsements out of these races.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bemidji Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Press Release Jun 7 Joanne Bergman 2
tract 33,, the good ole days (Feb '07) Apr '16 hey 34
Debate: Nuclear Power - Cass Lake, MN (Mar '11) Mar '16 New guy 5
looking for a man. Help appreciated Mar '16 rjheller 1
Bemidji Music Thread (Oct '13) Feb '16 Musikologist 11
Bimidji Airport Jan '16 Bimidji TSAJew 5
Rude inconsiderate people of Minnesota (Nov '15) Nov '15 Tex 1

Bemidji Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance