Sanford deal with Bemidji hospital takes effect Tuesday

Dakotas-based Sanford Health says its affiliation with a northwest Minnesota hospital will become official on Tuesday. Full Story
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 25, 2011
This is VERY good news.

The folks who staff these facilities are not the union type and will supply high quality healthcare without all the union drama and whining.

This is a good first step to bringing down health care costs in this state.

Buy more!
Gary H

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Just remember that your non-union nurse probably works forced overtime which leads to fatigue and serious mistakes such as giving the wrong pills to the wrong patient.
Marx Karl Dayton

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 25, 2011
Good thing Sanford took over. The only other option was Sanford & Son.
At the LGA Teat

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 25, 2011
Mayor of Bemidji was whining about the loss of LGA. His town is flush with money building an expensive Community Center and other luxeries not intended to be funded with LGA.

Just like North Saint Paul, built a Community Center with LGA!!! STOP ALL LGA!!!!
HTP

Des Moines, IA

#5 Feb 25, 2011
Gary H wrote:
Just remember that your non-union nurse probably works forced overtime which leads to fatigue and serious mistakes such as giving the wrong pills to the wrong patient.
Ah yes, because all of us non-union employees are so much more mistake-prone than union members. Give me a break.

Hey union members, there are millions of us out here earing our keep in the real world and life is quite good. Can the scare tactics.
jimb

Mililani, HI

#6 Feb 26, 2011
It will be nice to have the some health care competition in our state, can't wait for Sanford to be in the Twin Cities...the comments on unions I've read goes to show you that it's all about them, not the patient as we have learned watching the Wisconsin union debacle...it's not about the kids is it?
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 26, 2011
I would rather have my life in the hands of a non-union, overworked, honest R.N. than a brainwashed, greed-motivated, picket-sign-toting R.N. anyday! Bring 'em on!
Gary H wrote:
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 26, 2011
Yay - more Minnesota revenues leaving the state for South Dakota.

But, with Governor Lapetomane in office, that will probably be a trend.
eric

Mankato, MN

#9 Feb 27, 2011
how is revenues leaving, the not-for-profit hospital re-invest into the facilities not the pocketbooks of some ahole who doesnt think he/she needs to pay taxes like the rest of us. Sanford health is reinvesting the money over time into the facilities. Read the damn article, or did your idiot parents hate unions so bad you were forced into home school. The last time I checked, Mayo has done well working with union and non union workers same as many other public and private companies in this state. Dont bash a union member, unions are the reason most of us get raises, have weekends off and have some sort of health care even though the republicans have done the best to water it down. I am non union, I work with union and non union people, they are both the same except on has a party looking out for the best interest of the employee and one gets screwed on raises every year.
NO UHC

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2011
We need more non-profit health care in MN!

Kick out United Healthcare!
HTP

Des Moines, IA

#11 Mar 2, 2011
eric wrote:
Dont bash a union member, unions are the reason most of us get raises, have weekends off and have some sort of health care...
Yes, and like Al Gore, they also invented the internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bemidji Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota utilites commission advances expansio... Sep 27 Sylvia 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Cass Lake, MN (Mar '11) Sep 27 Sylvia 4
The Apocalypse is Occurring (Sep '09) Sep '14 Sylvia 14
Debate: Marijuana - Cass Lake, MN (Jan '11) Aug '14 Sylvia 11
Murder at Leech Lake in the 1970s (Oct '12) Aug '14 thinchliff 71
Bemidji Music Thread (Oct '13) Aug '14 Musikologist 8
Missing 15 yr old girl near Pennington MN ! Aug '14 psinn 1
Bemidji Dating
Find my Match

Bemidji Jobs