ShopKo in Belvidere denies emergency ...

ShopKo in Belvidere denies emergency assistance

Posted in the Belvidere Forum

Jason Somers

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 18, 2008
On February 13th 2008 I was stranded on the Bypass in 3 degree temps. I walked to ShopKo but it was 20 minutes until it opened. I pleaded with an employee to come to door but was intentionally ignored. When other employees showed up they were let in through the front by the same idiot who was ignoring me. I asked for use of the phone. NO! I asked if someone had a cell phone I could use.NO! I asked if they could at least go inside and call the POLICE FOR ME!!! NO! Due to their company policy I was made to stand and wait outside in freezing temperatures. And because I didn't kiss their a$$ for using the phone they threatened to have me arrested and almost didn't let me use the phone I waited so long to use!!!!!!
JLH

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2008
I'm sorry to hear that. There are a couple of 24 hr gas stations nearby. It's unfortunate that a few random nuts have managed to gum up our way of life and resulting loss of freedoms. I'm sure there is some sort of corporate policy that prevents employees from helping even if they wanted too. Keep your chin up.
staytomyself

Reggio Emilia, Italy

#3 Aug 29, 2011
no this is completely unacceptable, and there's nothing to justify it ''random nuts'' the whole neighborhood is nuts, the real reaction should be who were the few random cops who even responded? they rarely even take emergency calls seriously how long did it take for the police to arrive? and you could've died out there. People have no common sense anymore, it seems as if people are looking for a super hero badge so they could have a pat on their back, from people who don't care nothing about them
Kay Heath

Markham, IL

#4 Nov 24, 2011
You could have gone to Culvers we would've let you use a phone. We are right next door and not open yet but employees there. Lots of gas stations nearby too. Not sure why you chose to harass Shopko, You are lucky they didn't have you arrested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belvidere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy dale harris Dec 5 shazbotbaru0 1
witch beulah (Dec '10) Dec 2 Miss Thing 27
Donald Trump for President Nov 29 fact 2
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Nov 28 Fadumo from Canada 1,210
unique license plate Help Nov 25 sweetness34 3
Buffalo Wild Wings Background Check Nov 25 Bill 2
News Chicago police arrest suspect in dismembered to... Nov 17 former democrat 1

Belvidere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belvidere Mortgages