IDOT confirms that Amtrak route will ...

IDOT confirms that Amtrak route will go through Belvidere

There are 4 comments on the Daily Chronicle story from Apr 2, 2010, titled IDOT confirms that Amtrak route will go through Belvidere. In it, Daily Chronicle reports that:

GENOA – A passenger rail line will run through Belvidere instead of Genoa, a state spokeswoman said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle.

concerned

Decatur, IL

#1 Apr 5, 2010
At first I thought it would be a good thing, but after more consideration I think it will ruin this county. I moved here 7 yrs. ago from Chicago to raise my kids in a safer place, over the last 3yrs i have seen huge changes for the worse in Boone County, bringing a train through here is just going to attract more problems for the bigger cities.
Con

Rockford, IL

#2 Apr 21, 2010
concerned wrote:
At first I thought it would be a good thing, but after more consideration I think it will ruin this county. I moved here 7 yrs. ago from Chicago to raise my kids in a safer place, over the last 3yrs i have seen huge changes for the worse in Boone County, bringing a train through here is just going to attract more problems for the bigger cities.
Ok
Yeah

Rockford, IL

#3 Apr 21, 2010
I think this will attract gangs and will be a drug rail.
John

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Unless the train has an actual stop in Belvidere (and seriously, why would it? Unless there is a silenty majority wishing to travel to Dubuque Iowa...) you shouldn't have a single thing to be concerened about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belvidere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheaters (Jul '12) Wed fatman 12
News Jeep's small models to soldier on Tue Jabba 5
Paul Powell SOS Jun 28 anonymous 1
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Jun 16 nOgOd 1,763
Scumbag pig Nathan Milne Jun 12 Bacon Grease 1
HSV2 In the resturant May '16 Worried 1
Does Rockford have a prostitute problem? (Aug '09) May '16 Brian 54

Belvidere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belvidere Mortgages