Be careful at the checkouts!!..SHOPKO

Be careful at the checkouts!!..SHOPKO

Posted in the Belvidere Forum

sammy

Waverly, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2007
I was in shopko recently and was shocked to see that one of their cashiers was fired for theft at another store in town just a few months ago ...Im not talking about anything minor, or i wouldnt be posting this...so just a warning to everyone who shops there, watch your stuff at the checkouts, your purse, your credit card number, EVERYTHING! Shopko really needs to check references, or they are just asking for trouble!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Dec 19, 2007
sammy wrote:
I was in shopko recently and was shocked to see that one of their cashiers was fired for theft at another store in town just a few months ago ...Im not talking about anything minor, or i wouldnt be posting this...so just a warning to everyone who shops there, watch your stuff at the checkouts, your purse, your credit card number, EVERYTHING! Shopko really needs to check references, or they are just asking for trouble!
Yeah - punish them forever!!!!!!!! Look, the person paid for their crime and now they are trying to get on the right path and they have a new job and are working. Leave them alone. Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.
sammy

Waverly, OH

#3 Dec 19, 2007
Um..they have NOT paid for their crime yet..and are not on the right track! It was a few months ago...and charges are still pending...BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, not the company..so no, i wont leave it alone because i'd want to be warned, and im just looking out for shoppers this christmas season!..it was a simple warning...
ondo

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 7, 2008
Sammy...so Who is the cashier? Give me the intials..
smile

Mitchell, SD

#5 Feb 13, 2009
sammy wrote:
Um..they have NOT paid for their crime yet..and are not on the right track! It was a few months ago...and charges are still pending...BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, not the company..so no, i wont leave it alone because i'd want to be warned, and im just looking out for shoppers this christmas season!..it was a simple warning...
Shopko does back ground checks so when that person go to court it will be taken care of so mind your own business
smile

Mitchell, SD

#6 Feb 13, 2009
Shopko does back ground checks just like any other business so when it go to court they will take care of it. So don't worry about it and mind your own business
Paula

Cazenovia, WI

#7 Feb 18, 2009
WOW, What is with the attitudes. I believe Sammy has the right to inform people of this situation. It not only brings awareness of keeping their personal items safe, but it gives Shopko a heads-up regarding the criminal (Yes, CRIMINAL) I know every person is innocent until proven guilty, but our communities MUST be aware of these people and take some action. It is wonderful that thieves get a second chance, but you really believe ONE month is enough to change a person's attitude and behaviors. By the looks of it, we citizens need to be careful around some of you that posted such negative comments. It bothers me that our communities are NOT looking out for one another. Thank you Sammy for the information. Once this person is cleared by the courts, then we can once again help this person get his new behaviors in place.
Belvidere resident

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2011
I agree with Sammy and Paula. Don't say mind your own buisness because if she shops there it IS her buisness. If this person did what they are accused of I sure wouldn't want to be in this line at check out. A lot of people need jobs and a person that does it once many times will do it again. Lets have people that need the job and wont steal from them get employed there!!!! Thanks for the heads up and letting us know!
TheonetrueSatan

Belvidere, IL

#9 Aug 24, 2011
Shopko sucks...My car broke down when it was about 6 degrees outside and I was right next to the store...I walked across the snow covered and un-plowed parking lot to the front doors as employees were heading in to open the store and I at first asked, then pleaded as i started to freeze for one of the employees to allow me to use one of their cell phones which none of them seemed to have...yeah right...then I said OK maybe they don't want Me to use the phone so I asked another could you call the Police for me (I was desperate and very cold) i was again told no...I begged a worker to please go get their manager and bring them to the front of the store so i could ask the manager to either allow me to come inside or if the manager would make the call for me while I waited...The snotty, red-haired, white-trash biatch that came to the door was a complete a-hole and refused to help me because the store didn't open for another fifteen minutes...I came to find out she wasn't even the manager...When the store opened the manager suddenly appeared acted asthough no one had told her I was outside and immediately allowed me to use the phone while insincerely apologizing for the cruel, and inhumane treatment I recieved at the hands of her Belvidere white-trash employees...I will never buy anything from a Shopko store again and I will probably never go to the S H I T H O L E filled to the brim with Trash and Scumbags known as Belvidere again...
staytomyself

Reggio Emilia, Italy

#10 Aug 29, 2011
I had a feeling about this, i pulled out my card, ready to pay for my stuff and then, i ended up putting it back in my purse and paying with cash. though this happend a while back, I'm sure it still goes on.
Calm yoself

Fishers, IN

#11 Oct 2, 2011
Idk whats so bad about this shopko the cashier always seems nice and whats with the language i love this shopko they even put my stuff back in my cart when some stores now dont do that
Dawg

Green Bay, WI

#12 Mar 3, 2016
smile wrote:
Shopko does back ground checks just like any other business so when it go to court they will take care of it. So don't worry about it and mind your own business
No they do not do those things.I work there and they do not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belvidere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry seaworth Sep 19 Son 1
witch beulah (Dec '10) Sep 18 Steph 30
sex now (Feb '16) Sep 11 Joe 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 9 NoMoreIncumbents 134
Physican Imm care east state Aug 26 newbe 3
Bad Neighbor (Nov '08) Aug '17 Anonymous 46
Simon Peter Nelson - 1978 Murders - Up for Paro... (May '08) Aug '17 Ed in Columbia MD 91

Belvidere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belvidere Mortgages