Concerned Citizen

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2010
There have been a series of car break-ins on the 900 block of Pearl St. on the late evening/early morning of February 20/21. Three confirmed accounts, two seperate addresses. The police were not notified as the only thing taken was loose change instead of the other items that were of more value. But, this could escalate so I'm locking everything up from now on even though it appears to just be a pety criminal.
Concerned Citizen

Cordele, GA

#2 Apr 9, 2010
It seems to me if they took nothing of real value, that it was probably just kids having a bit of fun, you really should lighten up
CDB

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 10, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
It seems to me if they took nothing of real value, that it was probably just kids having a bit of fun, you really should lighten up
I know what you mean but, I now know it's not kids. This morning I was letting the dogs out at 6am, still dusk, and dude started coming down the driveway. Dogs saw him and I had to call them off, I probably just about got sued. I waited and he walked south on Pearl, I saw him. Then I shouted at him, hopped in the car and tracked him from a distance to see where he was going. Pretty bold to walk down a well lit driveway at 6am. Wouldn't you know it, he doubled back and ran when he saw me on State near Alpine Bank. He crossed over Logan at the drive-up and headed up Main. I got a real good look at him and he knows it. He wasn't out for a jog and looked a little down on his luck.

FYI my initial post didn't include the most recent break-in, which consisted of my neighbors' back door being pryed open and the police being informed. Not to mention, with them, it's a regular occurance.

I wish it was just kids.

The previous
Sick of it

Belvidere, IL

#4 Sep 13, 2010
@ CC Kids having fun illegal fun not okay why would you belittle a car break in, you may be part of the issue. Gimme a break do you know what a window costs on a car less than most deductiables but more than pocket change.
TheonetrueSatan

Belvidere, IL

#5 Aug 24, 2011
No Big Deal? I think you would be well within your rights to beat the living crap outa somebody breaking into your car... I don't care if they took a pencil and a piece of blank paper from me...it's mine and I will protect it... just letting it go is inviting more trouble later on...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belvidere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local business review sites? May 28 jimik 1
Jeremy Trafelet May 27 people who still ... 2
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) May 22 nOgOd 1,619
Inquiry's May 19 Shazbotbaru 1
Harkness (Dec '12) May 14 UrDaddy 14
Marengo water concerns. May 7 suevargason 1
Review: Edgebrook Eye Care - Jaime L King OD (Feb '10) May 6 johnternue8 3
More from around the web

Belvidere People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]