New Questions About SWAT Raid on Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home

Aug 6, 2008 Read more: WJLA

New questions have surfaced about the Prince George's County Sheriff Department SWAT team's raid on the home of the Berwyn Heights mayor, which ended with his door smashed and his two black Labrador retrievers ...

Read more
LazyR

Englewood, CO

#1 Aug 8, 2008
My condolances to the mayor and his wife. The cops in that town are idiots!
Not Surprised

Southington, CT

#2 Aug 8, 2008
LazyR wrote:
My condolances to the mayor and his wife. The cops in that town are idiots!
Same Cops Did the SAME Thing Last Year!

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalis...

Prince George County police officers are under scrutiny for killing Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo's two dogs. Unfortunately for Prince George County residents, their police officers enjoy killing animals. Here is a similar story from November, 2007:

An Accokeek couple is demanding an apology after Prince George's County Sheriff's Deputies burst into their home and killed their dog - all because deputies went to the wrong address.

Pam and Frank Myers were tucked away in their home Friday night watching a movie when the warrant squad pounced....

"And I said,'You just shot my dog," said Pam Myers, through tears. "I just wanted to go out and hold her a bit. They wouldn't even let me go out."

The couple's five-year-old boxer Pearl was killed. The deputy says he feared for his life. They say the dog would bark but was no danger to the deputies.

Of course, "The Sheriff's Department says it's investigating what went wrong." Yet no one has been punished or suffered any career consequences for killing a helpless dog for sport.
Truth

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2008
Looks like things will be heating up for the chief and sheriff.....Heads up!......Something really bad is coming your way......There is an army of lawyers listed on that memo from the Mayors office. If I were you guys...I'd be coming up with a REAL apology very quickly...Time is running out.....Just a piece of advice........Oh, and Sheriff if I were you....I wouldn't spend any money for a re-election campaign cause your political career looks like it's about to reach critical mass and is about to blow sky high.......Not to mention you now have the FBI stand over your shoulder digging around….I wonder what kind of goodies they will find? I understand the chief has already announced his retirement earlier this year, which doesn't seem like it could come soon enough....He may not make it before being kicked to the curb.....Tisk, Tisk.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beltsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Demmy's Pharmacy LLC Mar 31 tianna 1
News Police: Serial shooter linked to 9 incidents Mar 30 galler 1
News Mars has nitrogen, key to life: NASA Mar 26 SpaceBlues 1
News Mars has nitrogen, key to life: NASA Mar 26 tootsie 2
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Mar '15 Justin Lewis 48
News NASA: stunning new look at how carbon dioxide t... Nov '14 SpaceBlues 30
News NASA's Van Allen Probes Spot Impenetrable Radia... Nov '14 Andarz Abedini 1
More from around the web

Beltsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]