Update on Kara Kopetsky

Update on Kara Kopetsky

There are 28 comments on the Crime Scene KC story from May 11, 2007, titled Update on Kara Kopetsky. In it, Crime Scene KC reports that:

Belton police are still trying to find the missing 17-year-old girl, who was last seen a week ago at Belton High. via Crime Scene KC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crime Scene KC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the coffee society

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2007
www.myspace.com/savekara
join my group and help save her!
Steve

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2007
It is amazing to compare the magnitude and effort by local, state and federal authorities to find Kelsey Smith (4 days) versus Kara Kopetsky (4 weeks and counting). Up until the tragic conclusion of Kelsey's abduction, the media has given little attention to Kara's disapperance and had a fraction of the law enforcement effort. The thought that maybe Kara took off on her own may be the reason but if you were going to take off on your own, would you leave with only the clothes on your back?! No cell phone activity or bank account activity since the disapperance would lead any logical person to be seriously concerned. This should include the media and all law enforcement departments. It is very possible that if Kara's disapperance was handled with the urgency and manpower that Kelsey's case was given, the case may very well be solved by now...good or bad. I pray good.
Heather

Overland Park, KS

#3 Jun 8, 2007
Steve I agree with you on that. Kara is special to. You know what i don't think she ran off on her own dorks. Like why doesn't her parents go look for her hello. Do you think they really love her that much for her to go somewhere. Maybe she was kidnapped while she was walking to school somebody she didn't know. Maybe a man forced her into a car too. I love kara very much blessings wherever she is. Would she trust anyone to go with them huh? love you kara family!
Kim

Raleigh, NC

#4 Jun 9, 2007
Are the police looking in the area that Kelsey's body was found? I firmly believe this jerk had something to do with Kara missing. That whole area should be searched. Her family deserves to know what happened to her too. Has Edwin Hall been questioned about Kara? Shame on the media for not plastering Kara's face on TV insted of PARIS HILTON. I see whats important.

Since: Jun 07

osceola, mo

#5 Jun 10, 2007
our family did all the same things the smith family did - huge groups of family, friends and volunteers met to hand out thousands of flyers... we BEGGED the media to get the word out but the news stations said that the belton police department had to release the story for them to cover it - so we BEGGED them to do what they needed to do to get the media involved - belton police made it IMPOSSIBLE to get Kara's story in the media because they had a "gut feeling" it was a runaway case - never once did that make sense to us! her parents left everything as it was for the police and they didn't even check her locker for weeks - if they had they would have known her debit card was left there... there are hundreds of things that happened just like that. but what everyone should know is that kara has a huge family and every one of us has begged for the attention that kelsey and her family had - and thank God they DID have the support. it's high time Kara gets the support she deserves!! God Bless all of you just talking about her case!! we will not stop until we find her!!
Curious in Belton

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2007
Is Kara's family supporting the petition that is floating around on the Internet? I haven't signed it yet but was thinking about it.

osceola, mo

#7 Jun 20, 2007
FROM KARA'S FAMILY - YES WE HAVE ALL SIGNED THE PETITION - THANK YOU FOR CHECKING IT'S VALIDITY BEFORE SIGNING - SHOW'S YOU ARE TRUELY CONCERNED ABOUT FINDING KARA - THANK YOU AND PLEASE SENT THE LINK TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!

osceola, mo

#8 Jun 20, 2007
Please follow this link to sign this petition for KARA KOPETSKY.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/747...

Petition states:

"We, the undersigned, are in support of the Governor of Missouri, Matt Blunt to order Attorney General Jay Nixon of the State of Missouri to take charge of the investigation of the missing child Kara Kopetsky, and to remove all evidence collected by the Belton MO Police and it agents.

We further petition the Governor of Missouri, Matt Blunt to conduct an investigation in to the mishandeling of the Kara Kopetsky case by the Belton MO Police, and to make changes that require all Police Departments to investigate missing child cases, and file reports with the office of the Attorney General within eight (8) hours of the initial report."
Conserned

United States

#9 Jun 22, 2007
Hello,
I know none of you but I have some words of wisdom.
It is not right for her to be unseen on the news and for there not to be a big search team out there like there was for Kelsey. This girl for all we know is alive. So...... she's got a full life ahead of her! People need to act before it's to late. All she needs is support and eventually she will be found. Get out there and search for her.
At least give what has happened a fighting chance. This case deserves a chance just as does any other. I may be only 13 but I know the difference between right and wrong. You have got to get out there and make a difference. This girl needs anyone willing to help. She deserves to be back at home where she belongs.
God Bless Her and Her family.
Tosha

United States

#10 Jun 26, 2007
I agree with everyone here! The police need to get over their "gut feeling" and make this a nationwide story!! Everyone needs to know, and Thank GOD for the internet, otherwise, no one would know about Kara! There is another girl Celeste Ahhee that is missing from Independence MO which is 25 mins from Kara.. and the police have a gut feeling about her too... "she ran away with NOTHING but the clothes on her back and leaving all her paychecks behind!" Someone needs to do something, and do it FAST... I dont understand why the police have to release it to the media either... Cant they release it and state their gut feeling is that she is a run away? ANYTHING is better than NOTHING!
Tosha

United States

#11 Jun 29, 2007
Celeste Ahhee has been found!!! No news as to where she was... but she has been found!!!
Friend

Lenexa, KS

#12 Oct 6, 2007
kelsey smith also had video of her being taken.
there is none of that with kara. there is some of her leaving school- not of her being taken.
I am not saying that is not a reason for the media to get involved- but i can see why they have had a hard time with this case.
Homeland Investigations

Old Fort, OH

#13 Jul 13, 2008
In the pas few months, we have sent email to the family offering our assistance at cost (nonprofit). We have not received a response. Yesterday, we located an endangered runaway, from Springfield, located her in Branson, she was gone 3 weeks, we had the case for less than 48 hours.
We would still be willing to assist.

homelandinvestigations.us
ExTexEsq

Yuma, AZ

#14 Aug 6, 2008
And of course Make them Pay for it.. Oh well Humanity goes when Dead Presidents call.. Vultures
findhernow

Bellefontaine, OH

#15 Nov 30, 2010
I say look into that ex-Kylr Yust who was accussed of stalking her and kidnapping her. He dropped out in the spring time a few weeks before Kara disapeared. Yeah okay so he was questioned before but at the time they were saying she was a "runaway". Why would she leave her ciggs at home and money in her locker if she was planning on running away?! The Belton LE are some ignorant fools for letting this case play out for 3 years now!!! I feel the only reason Kelsy Smith got the attetion she needed was because her father was an ex cop. And no I doubt that Edwin Hall had anything to do with Kara, look he wasn't that smart, he got caught. I firmly believe that Kylr Yust played a BIG role in what happened to Kara and he thinks that he has gotten away with it. I mean he obviously knew her schedule and where she would be, it still gets me that Belton High had no other camras outside?! What was the girl in the video talking to her about? Did that young lady see any one outside the doors? If so was she threatened to keep quite? For the police to suggest dropping charges againest Kylr Yust is totally unprofessional and stupid. Why didn't they throw him in the pocky and let him suffer until he was ready to talk. Obviously I think this kid needs a good as* raping to get him to talk!!! I am glad to see her on Nacney Grace and I also glad to see the FBI take part after three long years of no answers!
Migdalia

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#16 Jan 10, 2011
I heard about Kara's case on Inv. ID channel, then read on this forum trying to find of any updates on her case. Does anyone heard any updates either on Nancy Grace or police?
Being a female, and you heard about these terrible cases is frustrating enough, but i believe not knowing what happened to them is worst ;-(
blueskies

Whittier, CA

#17 Feb 25, 2011
I don't think there has been any updates. She is still missing.
karrany

Denver, CO

#18 Apr 25, 2011
When I saw the report it was just amazing how no one
Has a lead of kara that they even question enough
Her exboyfriend or that guy that kill kelsy why??
From the bottom of my heart if you haven't
Found a body I think kara might be alive haven't you
Thought of it why is there no body. Check all her stuff her diary
Her notebooks maybe you will find something that
Gives you a lead!!!! Try and ifsomethibg did happend to her
Iam really true sorry my sister was kidnapped and found
Dead we live in canada that's why while you can try to find her.
karan

Denver, CO

#19 Jun 19, 2011
I saw this commercial the other I was like DAM she looks just like
Kara but it wasent her I don't how she might look like
Her but she was not. I think u should think she is alive
A lot of young girls how the have been found I think she is alive
cheyenne

Kansas City, MO

#20 Aug 15, 2011
yes they did look with in 3 miles of the land were kelsey smith was found and the man that did kill kelsey smith did not kill kara thet think she is a run away because there has been so many sightings of here and i live in raytown missouri and its creepy to know that clever of a killer can hide a 17 year old girl and that girl lives in belton (not trying to bragg)but still i hope that killer will end up in hell. but if kara is dead they are apperiently looking in the wrong place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 44 min JULIO 1,032
will pay someone to bring me cigarettes Jan 12 joe 1
Loud BOOM sound thats shaking my house??? (Nov '12) Jan 9 Tammy 23
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Jan 2 just wanted to know 271
full body massage (May '13) Dec 30 Money talksi 2
News TxDOT investigates Belton construction company (Sep '15) Sep '16 Betty 2
News Where is Kara Kopetsky? (Jun '07) Sep '16 Concerned Citizen 167

Belton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belton Mortgages