Thieves Take 350 Vases From Upstate C...

Thieves Take 350 Vases From Upstate Cemeteries

There are 23 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 15, 2008, titled Thieves Take 350 Vases From Upstate Cemeteries. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Authorities say nearly 350 bronze vases have been stolen from two Upstate cemeteries this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old salt dog

Columbia, SC

#1 May 15, 2008
is nothing sacred?
you are a dummy

Hartsville, SC

#2 May 15, 2008
Shame on them
SC is Great

Columbia, SC

#3 May 15, 2008
they should be buried alive in those same cemeteries...piece of carp people

the spelling error was intentional
Hickville

United States

#4 May 15, 2008
Scrap metal dealers.

Check with them, they like to take anything the drug addicts haul in.
duh

West Columbia, SC

#5 May 15, 2008
Mo-rons.
Sue

AOL

#6 May 15, 2008
GPD is going to get you. I pray that you know Jesus. You best get on your knees and ask for forgiviness. Best of all go and put them back where you got them. Jesus will forgive you if you are sinceare and ask for frogiviness.
BOB

AOL

#7 May 15, 2008
I hope you will put them back.

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#8 May 15, 2008
What a bunch of low lifes!!!
Sue

Columbia, SC

#9 May 15, 2008
Gas is high.
AGM

Camden, SC

#10 May 16, 2008
Sue wrote:
Gas is high.
True. But, crack is higher . I sincerely doubt that these rocket scientist were stealing these items to fill up the gas tank to get back and forth to work. Sure, they MAY sock back the 5 bucks it would take to buy new tubes for the bicycle tires or put 1 1/2 gallons of gas in the mopen to get back and forth from the dopeman's house, but not much of any funds realized will go to gas. This is a special kind of stupid we are dealing with here. Hopefully area scrap dealers have been alerted to be on the lookout for a large influx of cemetary flower vases. LOL. Put em back for cryin' in a bucket and go get a real job...or at least a more productive hobby.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#11 May 16, 2008
old salt dog wrote:
is nothing sacred?
Not anymore.
RRE

Warrenville, SC

#12 May 16, 2008
I would think that the scrap dealers would be judicious about what scrap they will purchase. Some jerk comes in with a bunch of cemetary vases it might be a clue that he's a crook.

But then again, maybe the scrap dealers are just as crooked.
R RAMIREZ

Gilbert, SC

#13 May 16, 2008
HAVE PEOPLE REALLY LOST THEIR MINDS?THEY NEED TO GO BUY THERE OWN!COME ON PEOPLE GET REAL HERE,GET A LIFE GET A JOB DO SOMETHING MORE CREATIVE WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!
phi beta kappa

Columbia, SC

#14 May 16, 2008
Just another example of what our society has evolved to. Another example of why we are "done" in this country.
SC Citizen

Columbia, SC

#16 May 16, 2008
RRE wrote:
I would think that the scrap dealers would be judicious about what scrap they will purchase. Some jerk comes in with a bunch of cemetary vases it might be a clue that he's a crook.
Definitely. The buyers are just as guilty. How obvious can you get when someone comes in to sell 350 cemetary vases with dirt in them.

Since: May 08

Columbia, SC

#17 May 16, 2008
AGM wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But, crack is higher . I sincerely doubt that these rocket scientist were stealing these items to fill up the gas tank to get back and forth to work. Sure, they MAY sock back the 5 bucks it would take to buy new tubes for the bicycle tires or put 1 1/2 gallons of gas in the mopen to get back and forth from the dopeman's house, but not much of any funds realized will go to gas. This is a special kind of stupid we are dealing with here. Hopefully area scrap dealers have been alerted to be on the lookout for a large influx of cemetary flower vases. LOL. Put em back for cryin' in a bucket and go get a real job...or at least a more productive hobby.
lmao...that was funny...but true!!
thanks, i needed a good laugh!

“Protect our natural resources”

Since: Jul 07

Napa Valley

#18 May 16, 2008
RRE wrote:
No respect, yet I have to agree with you. Seems like with all these camera phones a picture could be taken when suspicious characters bring scrap melals in. Then at least there would be some record.
LAKESHIA ALLEN

Orangeburg, SC

#19 May 17, 2008
What are they going to do with all those vases they just needed something to do. Then the bad thing is they stole from a cemetary thats just wrong they must be young and dumb.
WC Kendall

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 May 17, 2008
Very cruel but expected.
Nuctec

Cayce, SC

#21 May 18, 2008
I hope they burn in Hell for that!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Super Smash Brothers Tournament at Clover Colle... Mar 16 clovercollectables 1
Free Pachinko Play at Clover Collectables Mar 16 clovercollectables 1
Todd Kohlhepp / Kala Brown Jan '17 Anonymous 3
Free Mugshot site (Jan '14) Jan '17 Jack 3
News Dispute among friends led to shooting of pregna... (Sep '06) Jan '17 Eye roll 976
Joy Closing Goodman plant (Jun '13) Jan '17 Andy 4
Rachel Foster? Jan '17 doing my job 2

Belton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belton Mortgages