First conviction returned in Belton d...

First conviction returned in Belton drug-deal slaying

There are 15 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Feb 1, 2008, titled First conviction returned in Belton drug-deal slaying. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

A jury has convicted the first of four co-defendants charged with killing a Cass County last spring during a drug deal.

Myron Ray Sanders, III was found guilty of second-degree murder, armed criminal action and resisting arrest. Testimony during a trial this week identified Sanders as the man who shot Christopher McBride outside a Belton gas station. Three other males were in a car with McBride on March 19 as the group attempted to buy marijuana from McBride.

The four were arrested following a police chase after the shooting. Co-defendants Kendall F. Ellison, 18; Liheame K. Johnson, 18; and Kevin A. Ellison, 21, each are awaiting trial on felony charges that include second-degree murder. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

hotman

Saint Thomas, MO

#1 Feb 4, 2008
good job belton pd
David Davey

United States

#2 Feb 9, 2008
This again supports many supporters, that medical marijuana should be legal, taxed and regulated.
pinktoes

Leawood, KS

#3 Apr 27, 2008
f**k belton pd we still love u bud
FAMILY

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jul 27, 2008
BOTH WERE IN THE WRONG BOTH WAS DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL BUT IM SAD OF THE TRAGEDY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LESSER SENTENCE KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BUD I LOVE YOU
FAMILY

Kansas City, MO

#5 Jul 27, 2008
hotman wrote:
good job belton pd
BOTH WERE DOING THINGS ILLGAL YEA GOOD JOB BELTON
family

United States

#7 Nov 26, 2008
have a good thanksgiving we love you keep your head up and meery xmas keep praying
Audience

Grandview, MO

#8 Dec 23, 2008
Ok, so let me get this straight, there was a drug deal that went bad. For whatever reason, someone decided to shoot another person(illegal). Whether there was a shootout, who knows. A human being died because of it. So that person should go to jail for the crime that was committed. The kids that were with the shooter, are accessories to murder. They were there during the crime and unfortunately, will have to pay also.

My question is, how do the police become the bad guys here? F*** the Belton police? Just as firemen respond to fires, police respond to crime. You need to be mad at the district attorney for filing heavy charges.

Lastly, I dont think medical marijuana has anything to do with a bunch of teenagers.
Widow

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jan 17, 2009
Audience..... I totally agree, if it wasnt for Belton pd they 4 dude would have never been caught, and afterall they were caught before chris even made it to the hospital!!!!!
So good Job Belton PD!!!!!!!

Christina McBride
Dustin Smith

Shawnee, KS

#10 Jul 10, 2009
Hey "family" and "pinkhoe" - you should be glad your little murderous boy got what he got.
Because if ANY of em get out,I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for their future...
I hope Sanders,Johnson,and them 2 little Ellison punks slowly rot away with all the rest of their "brothers" in the pen.
Widow

Kansas City, MO

#11 Aug 19, 2009
Dustin Smith wrote:
Hey "family" and "pinkhoe" - you should be glad your little murderous boy got what he got.
Because if ANY of em get out,I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for their future...
I hope Sanders,Johnson,and them 2 little Ellison punks slowly rot away with all the rest of their "brothers" in the pen.
Im down with dustin smith, i totally agree!
GA FAM

Columbus, GA

#12 Nov 11, 2009
I love you Bud-mann! Keep ya head up.
fools

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2010
budman keep ya head up? wow the intelligence on display by the rats who perpetrated this heinous crime is quite disturbing. Here's some advice for "bud-man". Educate yourself. Utilize the library in prison to become a better person. Or, get out of prison and repeat the cycle of violence and thuggish behavior and find yourself in a morgue as the result. Your choice, and to those bashing the police? Please get a life
fools

United States

#15 Feb 16, 2010
pinktoes = ghetto trash
louie

Pasadena, TX

#16 Sep 24, 2010
I lov bud. Only god can judge u and he knws ur heart
Family

Columbus, GA

#17 Apr 11, 2014
The "pitch fork" mentality frightens me. No one is born in this world without family, and only God know how you will leave. Everyone involved is loved by someone. Lets say it together....."E-M-P-A-T-H -Y." Yes...you got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Predators At Your Door 2 hr Luba 4
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) 10 hr nottheone 105
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
In KC for 3 days Jul 27 Flying through 1
Messiah Yeshua needs to be revealed to His Jewi... (Jun '14) Jul 27 Rebel Fighter 3
yes Jul 27 Rebel Fighter 2
Abandoned school by Base. (Jan '11) Jul 27 beenthere9876 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belton Mortgages