OSU takes step to raise tuition by 7%...

OSU takes step to raise tuition by 7% by fall | The Columbus Di...

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 31, 2010, titled OSU takes step to raise tuition by 7% by fall | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Most good things eventually come to an end - and so it probably will be with Ohio State University's tuition freeze, a committee of trustees said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Vet

Dublin, OH

#1 Mar 31, 2010
Just like government---tax more and spend more vs. efficiency. Totally terrible. Cost of education is at least 40% too high. Does OSU need a private airplane ???
BBQ Time

Nashport, OH

#2 Mar 31, 2010
Impossible to freeze tution forever? Maybe Fingerhut needs replaced with someone who could actually REDUCE tuition, particularly in a recession.

Since the "poor" get more financial aid and the rich can afford college out of pocket, this tutition increase destroy's Middle America. Good bye Middle Class.
Hey, wait at least they built a Taj Mahal student union! That will educate our next generation!
Student Freeze

Nashport, OH

#3 Mar 31, 2010
It is time we stop wasting money on these mega universities who have lost sight of their students and focus tax money on teaching universities and community colleges.

OSU is raping parents and students.
Options

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 31, 2010
I forgot that attending Ohio State was required. No wonder everyone is so irate and using completely inappropriate terms.

If you're unhappy about the student union or the price hikes, demonstrate your displeasure by attending another college or university.
JiB

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 31, 2010
Oh good, more money for the university to hire some more useless union goons!
CandyLand

Lexington, KY

#6 Mar 31, 2010
Unbelievable! How can they justify a 7% increase when there has been a pay increase freeze in most Ohio businesses over the last year to 2 years and if anyone did get a raise, it averaged to be about 2.5%?!? Maybe OSU needs to downsize--they're getting too big for their britches!
Lewis Center

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 31, 2010
Vet wrote:
Just like government---tax more and spend more vs. efficiency. Totally terrible. Cost of education is at least 40% too high. Does OSU need a private airplane ???
Since OSU does offer 3 Aviation major programs and and Aeronautical Engineering Program....I would say they do need to own at least one prop plane and one jet engine plane. I understand the airport also makes a small profit off of hangar fees and fuel surcharges. It was at one time the fourth busiest airport in Ohio.
Skye

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 31, 2010
It is rather a double edged sword, let them spend 137 million for a student center, so they can draw more students. Or let them survive with a budget cut like all State entities. Let's spend more so we look better. In these economic times, they should be laying off staff and trimming the fat!!
A Former Program Associate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belpre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave lapartis May '17 Mee3 2
Umpire May '17 Curious 1
Ryan Deem Apr '17 Curious 2
Who the h--- is Jamie Coleman Mar '17 Lisa 1
Michael fries (Dec '16) Dec '16 Olje 1
Tackle shop.. (Aug '16) Sep '16 Greyghostrollinsmoke 2
legal child stealing by ex step mother Debora W... (Oct '07) Sep '16 jolyn 28

Belpre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance