Belpre BOE begins levy ballot proce.....

The Belpre City Schools District Board of Education unanimously voted Monday to begin proceedings to place the failed permanent improvement levy back on the ballot.

Full Story
John Teschel

Marietta, OH

#1 Mar 16, 2010
Question? Does the BOE work from a yearly budget? If so, is maintenance alloted a portion of the budget for repairs? I believe this should be the case. What has happened to the money set aside for building repairs? These buildings did not fall apart in a years time. Or in several years time. Why has the buildings been allowed to fall into disrepair?$38,000.00 for new offices at Stone school is ridiculous! Use the money to repair some of the issues. This levy has failed 4 times. What makes you think it could pass again in the middle of a resession? Look at the demographics. A lot of senior citizens live here. WE got no COLA this year. The price of utilities, foodstuffs,gasoline and the everyday means of living have gone up. We can't afford giving the schools more tax dollars! Use the money you already have to repair buildings. It is obvious that you are not spending the tax dollars wisely. It's about time you woke up!! You have a dwindling population in schools.You get over $10,000 per student from Ohio Taxation as well as local property tax and you can't live within a planned budget. Shame on You!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belpre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BHS coach fired? Oct 22 Athens 2
Burglaries Oct 19 neighborhood watch 2
WTAP DUI arrest Sep 28 Belpre police 1
Thornhill Hair Place (Sep '12) Sep '14 Brandy 4
Michael Barrett of belpre (Mar '13) Jul '14 michael 2
don't buy bongs from Star Fire (May '13) May '14 Johnathan of Belpre 4
Review: J And H'S Auto Sales (Apr '14) May '14 A-S-M- 2
Belpre Dating
Find my Match

Belpre Jobs