What do I do?
Question

Marietta, OH

#1 Dec 15, 2011
I just started dating this guy he has two kids. One is 3 and the other 6. The mother does not like me very much. Idk y I never did anything to her. I don't know her and I have only met her once. On the other hand the kids love me. I have been with their father for a yr now. I was never able to go around the children. He didn't allow me to until 7 months of dating. He said he didn't want to see his kids get upset if we didn't work out. I love this man with all my heart and we have talked about being together forever. But what do I do about the mother? I want this to work for everyone. What can I do or say? And how can I get her to understand that I'm a good person?
tell the truth

Marietta, OH

#2 Jan 11, 2012
Were he and his wife together at the time you started to see eachother? That may be the reason she does not like you. If you had been dating for 7 months while they were still "happily" married it would be hard for her to want to befriend you. PLace yourself in her shoes.
Question

Marietta, OH

#3 Jan 16, 2012
No.
Blah blah

Harrison, AR

#4 Jan 16, 2012
Just be yourself and eventually she'll come around. She spent years with this man, and started a family with him.. I'm sure she didn't expect things to end up how they are now so just give her time.
similar
#5 Jul 10, 2012
I have been in a very similar situation. when me and my fiance got together his ex wife did not like me, but i learned just be nice, keep your head up cuz she is trying to get you to fall, and break, but never blow up on her in front of the kids, try to get along for the kids, just kill it with kindness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belpre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up with aaron Travis Roush 11 hr Just courious 1
Ashley Arthur (Jan '15) Aug 7 not me 6
Jeff simonette Jul 28 BoW 1
News In Trump's Ohio bastion, supporters dismiss upr... Jul '17 Red Crosse 155
Dave lapartis May '17 Mee3 2
Umpire May '17 Curious 1
Ryan Deem Apr '17 Curious 2

Belpre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance