Woman jailed after failing to return ...

Woman jailed after failing to return books

There are 5 comments on the WisInfo story from Mar 2, 2008, titled Woman jailed after failing to return books. In it, WisInfo reports that:

“It's no different than walking into a retail store and walking out with merchandise.”

BELOIT - Keely Givhan of Beloit learned the hard way the importance of returning overdue library books, spending six days in the Rock County Jail when she failed to do so. via WisInfo

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

Jan

Janesville, WI

#1 Mar 16, 2008
This is just too extreem
Michelle

Holland, MI

#2 May 12, 2008
This is what they use tax payers money for PLEASE..... Just make her buy new books and move on.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#3 May 13, 2008
It's not about the books, it's about the ignoring a court order.

These kinds of stories always involve Scofflaws. People need to know you must be held accountable and you should not ignore your responsibilities.

FunnyFarm

New Glarus, WI

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Sure, but don't arrest and deport ILLEGAL aliens.
Ann

Madison, WI

#5 Jun 22, 2009
Wisconsin loves punishing people. This doesn't surprise me. They need a life here!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beloit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHAME on YOU Wisconsin!!!! (Nov '12) Thu martin45 3
homosexuality is a sick depravity (Jul '11) Jun 30 One Happy Homo 4
paul gover Jun 25 moonjack 2
paul grover Jun 25 moonjack 2
Searching for Boot Camp friend - Kit Wenzel Jun 17 Sheena 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Howard Marklein as State Asse... (Oct '11) May '15 Penny 2
new to town May '15 jump steady 1
More from around the web

Beloit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Beloit Mortgages