Part of Dane County's snowmobile trail closed

Dec 28, 2012 Full story: WIBA-AM Madison

Sam Landis is the President of the Dane County Council of Snowmobile Clubs . He says the southwest quadrant of the system is now off limits, "South of 18 and 151 headed toward Dubuque and west of Highway 14 to Janesville." He says too many snowmobilers are getting off the trails and going on private land.

Full Story
Tim

Monroe, WI

#1 Jan 1, 2013
I rode on these trails Sunday and I feel the reason the riders are not riding directly "On the trail" is of the poor condition of the trails. We started in Green Co. and you could tell the difference which County had their groomers out. We did not see any "misuse" of off trail riding, it was just that the trails were in such rough conditions from lack of grooming, that riders were going wider than the marked areas so their bodies were not being punished. If the groomers would get out and groom the trails, I feel the riders would stay on them. It was sad to leave this poor trail condition impression on the many out of area riders that were here over the holidays. Great job in Green Co. in keeping their trails in good condition!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beloit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liberty star medical Dec 22 quack 2
Debate: Marijuana - Janesville, WI (Aug '10) Dec 12 mac 26
Best Pizza Nov '14 Mugsy 1
Grandmother suspected in baby methadone overdos... (Feb '14) Nov '14 casual knowledge 3
Wisconsin county shuts down frac sand operation... Oct '14 elumn8 1
Janesville standoff was a hoax, police official... Aug '14 Colon Burns 2
Illegal auto repair in residential netghborhood Aug '14 K Karnopp 2
Beloit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beloit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beloit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beloit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]