Blago Impeachment
FunnyFarm

Batesville, MS

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Blagojevich says his impeachment by Ill. House wasn't unexpected, part of ongoing dispute

By CHRISTOPHER WILLS
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/Paul Beaty

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Interactive
Blagojevich's Chicago: People and places in the FBI report

Multimedia
FBI affidavit against Blagojevich (12/9/08)

Your Questions Answered

AP answers your questions on the news, from Berlin Wall defenses to pirates and mercenaries

PDF Documents
Madigan Asks Court to Strip Authority from Gov. Blagojevich
Madigan Explains Reasonings for Request
Document Madigan Says Supports Request
FBI Affidavit Against Blagojevich

SPRINGFIELD, Ill.(AP)-- The Illinois House voted overwhelmingly Friday to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich, setting up an unprecedented trial in the state Senate on whether he should be thrown out for abuse of power, including allegations that he tried to sell President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/ILLINO...

Impeached over allegations. Guilty until proven innocent. Here's a thought: Don't we have people actually serving in Congress who were actually convicted of crimes and ethics violations--not just accused?
I'm not saying Blago is or isn't all the things people say or think he is, but what a travesty of justice to be tried publicly in the media when allegations are not proven and lose your job.
And how fitting that Chicago politicians weren't corrupt 4, 6, 8, 12 months ago, but they sure are today--not that they are the only ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beloit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay Feb 8 Gay in garters 2
Paul Ryan is a traitor to every breathing Ameri... Jan 31 Liar in Chief 6
News Hundreds expected to cycle through downtown Jan... Jan 23 TheMilwaukeeRoad 1
News Obama lists his favorite books and songs of 2017 Jan '18 Trump is a joke 9
Searching for Boot Camp friend - Kit Wenzel (Jun '15) Nov '17 Shaquala 3
kenzie mosher Nov '17 Frank 1
Found older male black lab with blue collar no ... Oct '17 Jadeg 2

Beloit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beloit Mortgages