United Industries to lay off 109 from southeast Wis. plant

There are 1 comment on the WBAY story from Apr 12, 2008, titled United Industries to lay off 109 from southeast Wis. plant. In it, WBAY reports that:

United Industries will lay off 109 workers as the automotive-parts maker transfers manufacturing from Beloit to Tennessee. via WBAY

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBAY.

jazzman

Wausau, WI

#1 Apr 20, 2008
Holy Crap, another corporate vendeho abandons ship and moves South to lower tax/wage Tennessee. Nice to know our dairy cow's milk will be coming through Tennessee pipe, at least it's not a Chinese slave shop. Too bad, lots of Beloit families will have to retool as we at Beloit Corp had to a few years back.
I hope the Liberal left in Madison sees or reads this account. High tax Wisconsin has caused displacement for thousands since the mid eighties. Wake up and smell the future y'all. By the time us boomers retire, far from Wisconsin, there will be nothing left here but empty Hospitals and moss covered Capital steps. Come on Governor Doyle, are ya listening. Oh yeah, feel the potholes you created by diverting Highway repair funds....egads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beloit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new to town Mon jump steady 1
Sex offender Richard J. Hoyt to be released to ... May 11 tony 1
homosexuality is a sick depravity (Jul '11) Apr '15 Wendy 3
News Shirley A. Smith, Janesville, WI Apr '15 marilyn shockley 1
Why? Apr '15 Username Aussie 1
Debate: Marijuana - Janesville, WI (Aug '10) Apr '15 Kirt Urbin 32
News Steven Walters: E-cigarette popularity lights u... Mar '15 gravytrain 2
More from around the web

Beloit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE