Duck/Geese hunting on Lake Wylie / Ca...

Duck/Geese hunting on Lake Wylie / Catawba river

Posted in the Belmont Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2011
I got a phone call from my wife this morning saying there were gun shots right outside our house that scared her and our daughter. I work less than 2 miles from home so I hoped in my truck and rushed home. I suspected it was a deer hunter because there are 2 stands near my home but they were empty. When I got to my house I saw a jon boat buzzing across the lake with a dog on the front. He also had what appeared to be geese decoys out also. I don't mind hunters and I used to do a little deer hunting myself but I didn't know they were allowed to hunt so close to my home. Does anyone know any info about duck/geese hunting on lake wylie/catawba river?
cooter

Charlotte, NC

#2 Dec 21, 2011
there is duck/geese hunting all over lake wylie/catawba river although none of that is listed as public "game land". so they are pretty much doing it illegal unless they are hunting from land on private property.

“Watching You”

Since: Dec 07

Belmont

#3 Dec 21, 2011
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/BeforetheHu...

You can call the county or Belmont police. Ask them what is allowed.

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2011
They were on a boat with their decoy birds sitting right under those nest the state built that say keep 100 feet away. Don't think that part was legal no matter what. lol

Location hidden

#5 Dec 21, 2011
rlcrews wrote:
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunt ing/BeforetheHunt/WhattoHunt.a spx
Thanks. I am actually on the Charlotte side but I can see Belmont and I am from Belmont. lol Thanks for the link
Rancid

Icard, NC

#6 Dec 21, 2011
The_Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I am actually on the Charlotte side but I can see Belmont and I am from Belmont. lol Thanks for the link
So stay in Charlotte!
cooter

Charlotte, NC

#7 Dec 21, 2011
rlcrews wrote:
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunt ing/BeforetheHunt/WhattoHunt.a spx
Like the Belmont cops would do anything. There's illegal deer hunting going on now behind SP High (rifle) and they just turn their heads....good ole boy network.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 22, 2011
Rancid wrote:
<quoted text>
So stay in Charlotte!
Who said anything about leaving Charlotte you dipshit. Mind your own business.
Hunter

Lenoir, NC

#9 Dec 22, 2011
Its is legal to hunt duck and geese on Lake Wylie. Hunters are suppose to be 500 ft. away from any persons property. As far as calling the police they wont do anything because it is not their job to control hunting it is the game wardens so if they are that close to your house then you should first ask them if they are 500ft. away from your property and then ask them to move out away from your property. If they dont then call the game warden.
Mr Belmont

Vale, NC

#10 Dec 22, 2011
Hunter is correct. Belmont Police and Game Warden have been called this year. The only legit complaint you may have is that they can NOT shoot from their boat and I beleive the Geese limit is 2 per day.
Lake Wylie Girl

Fort Mill, SC

#11 Nov 26, 2012
I live on the lake and the gun shots have been non stop all holiday weekend. My mother in law could not sleep because the shots kept her awake. This is terrible when I can't even enjoy my own home anymore. The noise is so loud. I had new windows put in two years ago that are suppose to eliminate noise and when I can STILL hear gun shots something should be done. This lake is known for families recreation not people with guns!
Government mule

Charlotte, NC

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Pack up and move back up "NORTH" yankee
Billy Bob

Charlotte, NC

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Lake Wylie Girl wrote:
I live on the lake and the gun shots have been non stop all holiday weekend. My mother in law could not sleep because the shots kept her awake. This is terrible when I can't even enjoy my own home anymore. The noise is so loud. I had new windows put in two years ago that are suppose to eliminate noise and when I can STILL hear gun shots something should be done. This lake is known for families recreation not people with guns!
yous in the good ol south mame; dats all we nose what to do is shoot guns and all. grandaddy said thats all wes needed to no.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 28, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>yous in the good ol south mame; dats all we nose what to do is shoot guns and all. grandaddy said thats all wes needed to no.
You are a complete idiot and a shame to the human race.
brother fletcher

Charlotte, NC

#15 Nov 29, 2012
sll of ya are dumb asses
THIS IS A FACT JACK

Charlotte, NC

#16 Nov 29, 2012
brother fletcher wrote:
sll of ya are dumb asses
CASE IN POINT. SAME MISERABLE TROLL. NOTHING WORTHY TO OFFER THE FORUM OR SOCIETY.
THIS IS A FACT JACK

Charlotte, NC

#17 Nov 29, 2012
THIS IS A FACT JACK wrote:
<quoted text>CASE IN POINT. SAME MISERABLE TROLL. NOTHING WORTHY TO OFFER THE FORUM OR SOCIETY.
I REST MY CASE!LOOK AT HOW MANY MISERABLE TROLLISH POSTS YOU HAVE MADE IN A SHORT TIME.
gobackhome

Greensboro, NC

#18 Dec 24, 2012
im sure people were hunting duck on the catawba long before you lived there, why should they stop?
JCBelmont

Statesville, NC

#19 Dec 27, 2012
I also live on the lake and had hunters shooting ducks/geese at 5:30am - last weekend. Waking to the sound of gun shoots and looking out the window and seeing people with guns aiming at the sky (towards my house, looking like they are shooting into my kids bedrooms) is terrible. My 8, 10, 12 year old girls were looking out the windows and watched these hunters turn around (after missing the ducks they were shooting in the sky) and kill their pet ducks they raised from eggs. These ducks could not fly and were killed point blank. Horrible traumatic experience for my whole family. Kids wake up crying with that image in their heads.
I have nothing against hunters and have hunted myself. I know that they are within their rights to hunt ducks on the lake. My problem is hunting within city limits and without ethics. There are plenty of natural areas to hunt where there are no children or homes at risk...is it going to take an injury or even a death for this to change.
Jordan

Rock Hill, SC

#21 Apr 24, 2013
Yall are all dumb. Wylie is open to the public to hunt. And is not 500 feet.. Its 200 yards. which is 600 feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) 1 hr horrible decision 7
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... Thu Director of Athle... 7
Why Belmont has an Undying Love for Alcoholics Thu Lake Dweller 8
What happened to the Cramerton Christian Academ... Thu Dick 5
allison love Thu Ronnie Mund 12
let em go (Feb '10) Thu BitchAsshole 88
The real reason the trains left the Belmont Depot! Wed thirsty 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belmont Mortgages