Cracker Barrell to open in Belmont
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Realist

Charlotte, NC

#23 Mar 12, 2010
WatchinBelmont wrote:
Sorry Realist - you're dead wrong. N. Main is a mess....Wilkinson is a mess....Park St. is a mess....
Have any of you people been outside of Gaston County?! Check out Atlanta, D.C., NYC or LA at rush hour. You obviously have never seen a traffic problem.
Realist

Charlotte, NC

#24 Mar 12, 2010
Glam Dicenn wrote:
It is a done deal. Cracker Barrell is going to build in the area behind the Visitors Center. Due to open in October. We need the taxes it will generate.
BTW it's spelled Cracker Barrel.
Really

United States

#25 Mar 12, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Have any of you people been outside of Gaston County?! Check out Atlanta, D.C., NYC or LA at rush hour. You obviously have never seen a traffic problem.
That's the whole point, we don't want to be like those places. Currently, Belmont's infrastructure has not kept pace with its growth. Most of us live in Belmont to avoid the traffic like mentioned in your examples. You may want to check out the Main/Central and South Point High School areas at 8:00. My point is that Belmont is not ready for growth until our infrastructure has been improved to handle it.
Harried

Raleigh, NC

#26 Mar 12, 2010
WatchinBelmont wrote:
Harry- these are either Yankees who moved from a place they ruined or young people who don't share our values. They don't think about the future - they just want to party and eat now.
Wrong. I was born here. So were my parents. I'm just sick and tired of having to go somewhere else to get a decent meal, or a movie, etc. If you people think a Cracker Barrel is going to ruin Belmont, you are delusional. As far as traffic goes, we do NOT have a traffic problem but we will if they don't build the Garden Parkway. If you want to see what a traffic problem is, go to Atlanta. My Aunt needs 1 1/2 hours to get into downtown Atlanta from a little city as close as Belmont is to Charlotte. You people think when you have 2 cars in front of you at a stop sign, it's a traffic jam. Growth does not necessarily translate into traffic problems. How you manage the growth does. Matthews and Pineville did not manage it.
VotinJoe

United States

#28 Mar 12, 2010
All the junk about " have you been so and so" - YES I have. I don't want it to become that! Get it? And, if you too lazy to drive 5 minutes down to Franklin Square to see a movie then you need help. With half an hour drive of Belmont there are THOUSANDS os restaurants. Come on - there's a Cracker Barrel at New Hope and one at Billy Graham - give me a break. Nobody said CB would "ruin" Belmont - it will just add to congestion and traffic- and that's a fact - whether you like it or not. Some of you just can't deal with reality.
Harried

Raleigh, NC

#29 Mar 12, 2010
VotinJoe wrote:
All the junk about " have you been so and so" - YES I have. I don't want it to become that! Get it? And, if you too lazy to drive 5 minutes down to Franklin Square to see a movie then you need help. With half an hour drive of Belmont there are THOUSANDS os restaurants. Come on - there's a Cracker Barrel at New Hope and one at Billy Graham - give me a break. Nobody said CB would "ruin" Belmont - it will just add to congestion and traffic- and that's a fact - whether you like it or not. Some of you just can't deal with reality.
Here's a little reality for you. If I am on the road driving to Gastonia, then I am adding to the congestion. If I stay in my own community, I am not.
VotinJoe

United States

#30 Mar 12, 2010
Harried wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a little reality for you. If I am on the road driving to Gastonia, then I am adding to the congestion. If I stay in my own community, I am not.
LOL - totally illogical.
VotinJoe

United States

#31 Mar 12, 2010
One thing I will say about CB ( besides the fact I love their food!). They don't serve BOOZE! YAY!
Realist

Charlotte, NC

#32 Mar 12, 2010
VotinJoe wrote:
One thing I will say about CB ( besides the fact I love their food!). They don't serve BOOZE! YAY!
I seldom have a drink at breakfast or lunch anyway.
Realist

Charlotte, NC

#34 Mar 12, 2010
VotinJoe wrote:
I seldom have a drink at breakfast or lunch anyway. Not my deal for dinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Sun Deannamarie216 83
Helping Law Enforcement Dec 9 Dieselsmoke 2
IQ average (90) For Law Enforcement (Jul '08) Dec 5 ArnoldZiffel 133
No Election posts? Nov 29 Moose Knuckle 12
Did you hear what happened at Friends? (Aug '16) Nov 28 secondshift 11
Bagel place in general Store? Nov 28 walkingmatilda 1
News Worker dies after being hit by bulldozer in Nor... Nov 22 poster 1

Belmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance