First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BelmontFoodie

Gastonia, NC

#1 Sep 23, 2011
Ate at Ranucci's today - here's my take:

A little too expensive for the portions. Friendly, fast service. The place looks nice.Booths a little too tight.

Bar B Q OK - not the best in the area. Meat was moist and tender but little if any smoke flavor. Sauces were OK. Portion a little small, but I understand the economy is bad.

Four hushpuppies with order - small but tasty.

Mac & cheese a little strange - it was shells and white cheese. Didn't taste baked..a little blah.

Brunswick stew is not Carolina stew/hash ( as they call it down east). It was a watery soup-like stew with chunks. True B. stew is somewhat pureed and thick. But, the flavor was good.

Slaw- not good! It tasted like that coarse chopped bagged cabbage with mayo stirred in it.If they are putting that on those "Cat Pharm classic" burgers..well, you can forget it!

Beans - I didn't care for the taste but they did taste smoky ( bottled?).

I would say the meal as a whole was mediocre. I doubt I will go back as I like Kyle Fletcher and Hillbilly's better - and a better value. Glad I tried it though. I kind a wish they would have opened a good Italian restaurant in there.
Otis

Icard, NC

#2 Sep 23, 2011
No beer, no wine? I will not go.
helen crump

Morrison, TN

#3 Sep 23, 2011
Please tell me it doesn't look like the same crappy place in there.
Blk Coffee Guy

Icard, NC

#4 Sep 23, 2011
Very bad location. To much anchored competition. No real draw. No beer/wine. Price not in line with neighborhood/locals. Sounds like another Deep Forrest.
Local Girl

Belmont, NC

#5 Sep 24, 2011
Stopped in yesterday and grabbed a menu. Place looks great and smells a lot better than the old grill. We will be going for lunch today.

I'll try and put a review after I have eaten there a few times. Not sure why anyone would post a review when a place just opens.
Girl at the front said they would be getting beer and wine shortly.
the Plumber

Belmont, NC

#6 Sep 24, 2011
anyone that gives a damn what anyone rates about a restaurant is an idiot. Who cares if you dont like it? Maybe someone else does. Keep your "ratings" to yourselves. Noone gives a crap what you think.
BelmontFoodie

Gastonia, NC

#7 Sep 24, 2011
You post a review because you went and experienced it. If they were not ready for opinions, they should not have opened until they were. And, the recipes are the recipes - right?. The place really had no smell at all. I wouldn't have known I was in a BBQ place by looking without the sign. I tried to be fair but honest in my review. Others my disagree - that's fine - I have no other motive than to tell you my experience. With anything else on the internet, you can take it or leave it. I don't know the people who own it or work there - I am telling you my take as a customer. If that bothers you - then the problem is yours, not mine. Have a good day.
Local Boy

Morganton, NC

#8 Sep 24, 2011
the Plumber wrote:
anyone that gives a damn what anyone rates about a restaurant is an idiot. Who cares if you dont like it? Maybe someone else does. Keep your "ratings" to yourselves. Noone gives a crap what you think.
How about I stick a pipe up your arse plumber boy?
BelmontFoodie

Gastonia, NC

#9 Sep 24, 2011
the Plumber wrote:
I like to know what people have experienced...I hate to break it to you sad sack - most people aren't like you ( thank goodness LOL).
Chitty Hellmont

Belmont, NC

#10 Sep 24, 2011
the Plumber wrote:
Plumber stick the plunger up your ass and spin on it. No one gives a shit what you say either.
Kramer

Clarksville, TN

#11 Sep 24, 2011
Local Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I stick a pipe up your arse plumber boy?
Here's proof that he's gay.
newby

Charlotte, NC

#12 Sep 24, 2011
the Plumber wrote:
I thought this forum was because people DO want to know what others think. To tell somebody to keep their "ratings to themself" is about as stupid as it gets. We should be supporting the people that are trying to bring business to Belmont.
Gump

Belmont, NC

#13 Sep 25, 2011
had a burger there (lord knows why? its a bbq joint) wasnt too good. same ol thing.
Good Burger

Belmont, NC

#14 Sep 25, 2011
Stopped in and had a BBQ sandwich. Not to good. Price to high. Service was good. They will not be able to compete with the prices at Kyle Fletchers. Plus his food is good. Hope they can overcome an adapt.
Linder Lou

Gastonia, NC

#15 Sep 25, 2011
Listen - I don't mean no harm...but if a Yankee is gonna try to fix food that is popular in the south and sell it to you, wouldn't it make sense to at least make like people like it? Just sayin'.
BURGER KING

Charlotte, NC

#16 Sep 25, 2011
Linder Lou wrote:
Listen - I don't mean no harm...but if a Yankee is gonna try to fix food that is popular in the south and sell it to you, wouldn't it make sense to at least make like people like it? Just sayin'.
I dont mean no harm either you redneck hick so go to my places...they r everywhere all over the country and them people in uniforms with their name tags on make it jus like u like it...again..dont mean no harm redneck hick...ever hear of getting the kinks out of a newly opened restaurant..it happens to even 5 star restaurants, but maybe u dont no what a 5 star rest is so like i said, dont mean no harm hick...ever hear of second chances..i know ur answer already..didnt momma ever cook sum grub for u that wasnt up to ur "standards" and i betcha u gave her a second chance although do u know who ur momma is or even ur pa...again no harm to you...lol
Catawba Carl

Gastonia, NC

#17 Sep 25, 2011
BURGER KING wrote:
<quoted text>I dont mean no harm either you redneck hick so go to my places...they r everywhere all over the country and them people in uniforms with their name tags on make it jus like u like it...again..dont mean no harm redneck hick...ever hear of getting the kinks out of a newly opened restaurant..it happens to even 5 star restaurants, but maybe u dont no what a 5 star rest is so like i said, dont mean no harm hick...ever hear of second chances..i know ur answer already..didnt momma ever cook sum grub for u that wasnt up to ur "standards" and i betcha u gave her a second chance although do u know who ur momma is or even ur pa...again no harm to you...lol
Momma didn't charge her six dollars for a burger. LOL. BTW - the BK burgers are better than what Ranucci is serving.
Local Girl

Belmont, NC

#18 Sep 25, 2011
Well, we went for lunch yesterday with the kids and thought it was very good. Didn't think the portions were small at all.
Catawba Carl

Gastonia, NC

#19 Sep 25, 2011
Local Girl wrote:
Well, we went for lunch yesterday with the kids and thought it was very good. Didn't think the portions were small at all.
Good - they will depend on you coming back. ;)
you make me giggle

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 4, 2011
Loved it! We went and we all loved it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humans in HAZMAT Suits Dumping Orange Liquid in... Feb 16 jack 2
mountain island lake, gaston county side Feb 14 just wondering 1
Gay hookers Feb 9 Babbs61 1
ro's bbq slaw recipe (May '09) Feb 7 JBGtown 91
What's going on across the street from the Seco... (Oct '12) Feb 6 Truthful 73
News One injured, one dead in Pharr accident Feb 5 brendaworley-ymail 4
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Feb 5 Jimbo2015 81

Belmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance