Now the Spring is Coming, what is YOU...

Now the Spring is Coming, what is YOUR favorite Downtown Business

Created by pollster boy on Feb 4, 2013

217 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sammys

Caravan

Jolie

Ice Cream Depot

General Store

Cherubs

Second Fiddle

Yoga and Massage

Demi Beads

Piccolo

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
greatplace

Gastonia, NC

#21 Feb 21, 2013
main dude on main wrote:
One thing that We do know is that family has been a complete failure in Jersey; Richmond VA Charleston SC;COCO Beach FLA; ATL GA; Charlotte NC; BELMONT NC SO look out BESSERMER CITY and GASTONIA,they are looking your way They are ready to show you the way and to save your town
Im unsure as to where this main dude gets his or her information. If you are referring to the Lavecchia family, records indicate that each of their businesses in each of these states was very successful and were sold for very large amounts of money. Isnt that why people build companies? Run them, build them, and then sell them and move on. I cant quite understand the unusual interest this individual takes in anyone else's endeavors. It is true that some businesses do better than others and even the best of business plans eventually turn dry. These types of posts are evidently coming from someone who is much too obsessed with others' lives and should probably focus in a healthier manner on something else or someone else. I think Belmont has had its fill of this type of slander and speculation. It does not appear to be at all effective in what they do and only serves to bring more attention to them which will drive their businesses even more and more further toward success. I believe your efforts are self defeating sir. Personally you have inspired me and many others to want to patronize them simply because people seem so intent on discrediting them. That would mean that they must be doing something right to be the focus of such interest no matter how ill inspired. You and any others who keep feeding these jealous rants are making them more and more popular among those in Belmont who chose to take the high road. One should feel sorry for you that you are so enraged by others' endeavors.

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#22 Feb 22, 2013
greatplace wrote:
<quoted text>Personally you have inspired me and many others to want to patronize them simply because people seem so intent on discrediting them.
Well stated!

As I've hypothesized before:

Lots of complaints on Topix = successful business.
Joey

Lenoir, NC

#23 Feb 22, 2013
Soda shop is my fav.
GOUNC

Charlotte, NC

#24 Feb 22, 2013
I have to admit that I read the information posted on this forum but it is more for entertainment value than for the validity of the actual postings. I agree with Malcolm who seems to be a very unbiased voice of reason. And he is not afraid to put his name on his opinions which also lends to his credence. Belmont is a great small town and a great place to raise a family. This family seems to get a lot of attention and most of it probably unwanted. We have been to many of their establishments and have met several of them personally. I give them credit for enduring the pettiness of a town that they chose to call home also. It reflects poorly on the majority of us in Belmont
Newspaper GIRL

Charlotte, NC

#25 Feb 22, 2013
The Belmont Banner reports in the lastest edition Feb.20 2013 breaking news flash... I couldn't make this up!!! Nicholas (NICK) Neil LAVECCHIA arrested by Belmont Police Officer M. Kelske at 701 Hawley Ave Walmart for shoplifting (also known in the SOUTH as stealing,5finger discount etc and for POSSESSION of SCH iv CS(known in the SOUTH as drugs. Remember that all arested are presumed innocent until proven otherwise! PLZ don't get mad at me i'm only reporting the Community NEWS
Know all about it

Matthews, NC

#26 Feb 22, 2013
Newspaper GIRL wrote:
The Belmont Banner reports in the lastest edition Feb.20 2013 breaking news flash... I couldn't make this up!!! Nicholas (NICK) Neil LAVECCHIA arrested by Belmont Police Officer M. Kelske at 701 Hawley Ave Walmart for shoplifting (also known in the SOUTH as stealing,5finger discount etc and for POSSESSION of SCH iv CS(known in the SOUTH as drugs. Remember that all arested are presumed innocent until proven otherwise! PLZ don't get mad at me i'm only reporting the Community NEWS
Nick's son has a drug problem. Banner news should be proud to grab such a big scoop. Leave him alone.
PaperLady

Charlotte, NC

#27 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah just like the lilttle girl said,nuts did'ntfall far from the trees with these Clowns Like they say he just baby DaDDy from another lady way back
Know all about it

Matthews, NC

#28 Feb 23, 2013
PaperLady wrote:
Yeah just like the lilttle girl said,nuts did'ntfall far from the trees with these Clowns Like they say he just baby DaDDy from another lady way back
It's apple you nut!!
pawnstar

Charlotte, NC

#29 Mar 4, 2013
Piccolo may not be downtown but it is certainly the coolest store in Belmont. If only we could afford half the things in there! I thought consignments were supposed to be good deals. My wife has her eyes on the $24,000 chandelier in there. Dream on
Dallas Girl

Charlotte, NC

#30 Mar 5, 2013
Favorite place is outside... Stowe Park. Swings... picnics... dogs.. kids laughing... parties...weddings...festivals ...music... shade...the fountain...train...ice cream...lying on a blanket...a great to spend a warm spring day in this cute town we call Belmont.
picklesandicecre am

Charlotte, NC

#31 Mar 14, 2013
There are a few good places for people to enjoy in downtown but the Ice Cream Shop at the train depot seems to be the "go to spot". Theres music inside and outside and we loved it!
AllisonJames

Gastonia, NC

#32 Mar 19, 2013
picklesandicecream wrote:
There are a few good places for people to enjoy in downtown but the Ice Cream Shop at the train depot seems to be the "go to spot". Theres music inside and outside and we loved it!
The new Ice Cream Shop at the train station is great! Great music inside and outside, tons of great flavors, and people of all ages were there this weekend with a line out the door. The woman behind the counter was a real pro and didnt skip a beat. We loved it !
Grammar queen

Gastonia, NC

#33 Mar 19, 2013
Not sure what Sring's coming has to do with this, but String Bean's new patio will be the hands on best.
Grammar queen

Gastonia, NC

#34 Mar 19, 2013
That's Spring's
gottaloveitalian s

Charlotte, NC

#35 Mar 20, 2013
AllisonJames wrote:
<quoted text>The new Ice Cream Shop at the train station is great! Great music inside and outside, tons of great flavors, and people of all ages were there this weekend with a line out the door. The woman behind the counter was a real pro and didnt skip a beat. We loved it !
Oh yeah and she's hotter than hell too !! Love me some Italian gumption all packaged up in a long lean and sexy package. She could serve anything there and I would be first in line.
decentmom

Charlotte, NC

#36 Mar 23, 2013
gottaloveitalians wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah and she's hotter than hell too !! Love me some Italian gumption all packaged up in a long lean and sexy package. She could serve anything there and I would be first in line.
This statement only degrades the quality of opinions in Belmont community. I know the owner at the Ice Cream shop and I agree she is quite stately in her appearance, but it is her way with the customers and the children and families that make her place so enjoyable. Don't make this about anything except what a nice place she runs for families and children and even our teens. My boys know her to be nothing but generous, fun, and, yes, even attractive.
papparazzi

Charlotte, NC

#37 Mar 24, 2013
gottaloveitalians wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah and she's hotter than hell too !! Love me some Italian gumption all packaged up in a long lean and sexy package. She could serve anything there and I would be first in line.
Didnt she play the role of the rockstar in the movie being filmed in Belmont. Looks like one in my humble opinion.
uproar

Charlotte, NC

#38 Mar 25, 2013
papparazzi wrote:
<quoted text>Didnt she play the role of the rockstar in the movie being filmed in Belmont. Looks like one in my humble opinion.
Rock star my arse. Shes cocky as all get out and should go back to Atlanta where she can act as cool as she wants. Belmont doesnt want her kind
Rachel Hunter

Charlotte, NC

#39 Mar 25, 2013
My ex-husband wants his hairdo back please.

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#40 Mar 25, 2013
uproar wrote:
<quoted text>Rock star my arse. Shes cocky as all get out and should go back to Atlanta where she can act as cool as she wants. Belmont doesnt want her kind
I've never met her or even seen her, but please do not ASSume to speak for all of Belmont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nelliea s building sells to Texas man 7 hr checoinitout 3
gastonia living Fri kennyBop 3
News Incubator move ruffles feathers Jun 22 captain obvious 1
News Will bathroom bill matter for Belmont restaurant Jun 22 needaly 25
News Charlotte nightlife king to open Belmont restau... Jun 22 TEXAS RESIDENT 3
I need a sugar daddy!! Jun 22 Doctor Feel 2
News Belmont council agrees on incentives Jun 16 smelh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belmont Mortgages