Halloween Trick or Treating

Posted in the Belmont Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
in the know

Concord, NC

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Recently the Gazette published that Trick or Treating would be on Saturday this year instead of Sunday in Belmont. The annual Halloween Carnival is 5-9pm downtown on Saturday. Personally, I think this is confusing, but I understand the reasons behind it. Pass it along.
In the not know

Gastonia, NC

#2 Oct 25, 2010
That is NOT correct!! The gazette did list the towns that have switched tot to Saturday AND Belmont was NOT listed. Therefore, it is on Sunday.
Neighbor

Gastonia, NC

#3 Oct 25, 2010
I will have candy ready for trick or treaters on Saturday night. I will be at church on Sunday night.
Neighbor

Gastonia, NC

#4 Oct 25, 2010
The Halloween Bash downtown is Saturday night.
In the not know

Toledo, OH

#5 Oct 25, 2010
Yes, halloween bash on sat night, TOT on Sunday night. I'll be drinking both nights.
in the know

Concord, NC

#6 Oct 25, 2010
http://www.gastongazette.com/news/oct-51541-r...

I can't find where I read it, but it clearly shows that they are not ensorsing Sunday. Last time it fell on Sunday everyone trick or treated on Saturday too. I've heard this is what everyone is doing.
in the know

Concord, NC

#7 Oct 25, 2010
Ensorsing, endorsing...whatever ;)
TOT

Charlotte, NC

#8 Oct 25, 2010
in the know wrote:
Recently the Gazette published that Trick or Treating would be on Saturday this year instead of Sunday in Belmont. The annual Halloween Carnival is 5-9pm downtown on Saturday. Personally, I think this is confusing, but I understand the reasons behind it. Pass it along.
The last time I checked Halloween was on the 31 of October. I think those towns have every right to schedule a Halloween Festival on Oct. 30. My town, MH, wants to change the trick or treating to Oct. 30, now I have a problem with that. Who put GovCo in charge of Halloween? So don't come to my house for candy until Halloween, Oct. 31.
in the know

Concord, NC

#9 Oct 25, 2010
I'm only doing this thing once and it's going to be on Saturday. I understand that some find it against their religion to celebrate Halloween on Sunday and I respect that, but it's got to be one way or the other.
TOT

Charlotte, NC

#10 Oct 25, 2010
in the know wrote:
I'm only doing this thing once and it's going to be on Saturday. I understand that some find it against their religion to celebrate Halloween on Sunday and I respect that, but it's got to be one way or the other.
Really, do you see any reason to change it? And as far as religion is concerned, I really don't think that has anything to do with it. If you look at signs posted outside most of the churches you will see that Oct. 31 is the date that "trunk or treat" will go on.

This whole notion is ridiculous to me, it should be a non-issue.

Doolittle

Belmont, NC

#11 Oct 25, 2010
Listen - forget the "religion" argument - get down to the brass tacks. Go ahead and take your kids out on Sunday and they will miss candy they would have gotten on Saturday. Quite a few people won't be home...church! It's as simple as that.I don't know any Christians ( myself included) who think you'll go hell for TOT on Sunday LOL. Quit fussing and think logically a minute, OK?
TOT

Charlotte, NC

#12 Oct 25, 2010
Doolittle wrote:
Listen - forget the "religion" argument - get down to the brass tacks. Go ahead and take your kids out on Sunday and they will miss candy they would have gotten on Saturday. Quite a few people won't be home...church! It's as simple as that.I don't know any Christians ( myself included) who think you'll go hell for TOT on Sunday LOL. Quit fussing and think logically a minute, OK?
You know that is life. If candy is missed out on so be it. It is all about having to make a choice. I like to be able to make that decision for myself/family. And if no one comes to my house on Sunday, more candy for me. No one is fussing, this is completely my opinion/decision/choice.
boo

Union, NJ

#13 Oct 25, 2010
What?
In the not know

Belmont, NC

#14 Oct 25, 2010
in the know wrote:
http://www.gastongazette.com/n ews/oct-51541-resolution-hallo ween.html
I can't find where I read it, but it clearly shows that they are not ensorsing Sunday. Last time it fell on Sunday everyone trick or treated on Saturday too. I've heard this is what everyone is doing.
see, you are not quite so in the know!! Instead, your started this thread for your own personal agenda! You are shamless & should be embarassed!

You were busted about the article & now clearly state that YOU want it on Saturday so therefore it should be on Saturday!

So I hope you & your kids come to my house on Saturday, I'll teach them a lesson on reading a calender!
Tweety Bird

Gastonia, NC

#15 Oct 25, 2010
Wow! Halloween is getting UGLY early!

All my friends have indicated Saturday is TOT'ing in our neighborhood. Guess if the City isn't going to step up and decide for us then it's up to the citizens. My rule of thumb is if the lights are on then they are open for biz..
Doolittle

Belmont, NC

#16 Oct 25, 2010
I'm glad I'll miss all these mean people on Sunday night!LOL. All you nice people - come on Sat.!
TOT

Charlotte, NC

#17 Oct 25, 2010
Doolittle wrote:
I'm glad I'll miss all these mean people on Sunday night!LOL. All you nice people - come on Sat.!
What?! You are kidding right? You are calling me mean because my opinion is not the same as yours?(And I don't think it is funny.)

Now, if our neighborhood decided to TOT on Saturday I would have no problem with that. I would have to decide if I wanted to change my plans.
Belmont Foodie

Charlotte, NC

#18 Oct 25, 2010
In the not know wrote:
Yes, halloween bash on sat night, TOT on Sunday night. I'll be drinking both nights.
You are a genius and I will be too! I'm so excited...Dogfish Pumpkin for me.
SO OBVIOUS

Gastonia, NC

#19 Oct 25, 2010
Doolittle wrote:
100% Agree! BTW, why is it all cities cleared this up except Belmont?
TOT

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 25, 2010
SO OBVIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>100% Agree! BTW, why is it all cities cleared this up except Belmont?
Which side of the coin are you on? I don't get it or do you have an impersonator.

Why do you think the City of Belmont needs to get it cleared up? Halloween is on Oct. 31. Perhaps, City of Belmont thinks its people are smart enough to look at a calendar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friday Night Live - Drunk By 9:00 (Jun '11) 14 hr tolly 107
News Charlotte nightlife king to open Belmont restau... Wed Soho 4
Moral Bankruptcy on Lands End Trail Jun 29 The Grass Whisperer 9
EG Wish list (Jan '10) Jun 27 belmont man 9
News Nelliea s building sells to Texas man Jun 25 checoinitout 3
gastonia living Jun 24 kennyBop 3
News Incubator move ruffles feathers Jun 22 captain obvious 1

Belmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance