L's Closing KM Restaurant - O.S. Next?

Posted in the Belmont Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Belmont Bill

Gastonia, NC

#1 Oct 12, 2012
So- the L's are closing their steakhouse/grill/beer joint in Kings Mtn. Hmmmm... what's next?
Haters

Gastonia, NC

#2 Oct 12, 2012
Old Stone is no longer owned by the Lavecchia family. It is now solely owned by the Matinata's.

Congrats to all the haters out there.

I really hope that the posters on this site aren't a true representation of the kind of people that inhabit quaint little Belmont.
Belmont local

Gastonia, NC

#3 Oct 12, 2012
Haters wrote:
Old Stone is no longer owned by the Lavecchia family. It is now solely owned by the Matinata's.
Congrats to all the haters out there.
I really hope that the posters on this site aren't a true representation of the kind of people that inhabit quaint little Belmont.
"Quaint little" has been gone a long time... it's now armed robbery, dope central, and Boozemont. You are thinking about what it USED to be.
Brew ha ha

United States

#4 Oct 12, 2012
Old Stone is for sale...it can be yours for 2.2 million dollars!
Belmont local

Gastonia, NC

#5 Oct 12, 2012
All the great promises the liquor crowd made- it would " help our schools"...we'd get really nice restaurants... we would prosper...poppycock. The best restaurant in Belmont doesn't even sell booze ( Sake). All booze has brought is brawling, trouble, arrests, litter, DWIs, etc......
rago_h9

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 12, 2012
but "we" never mention that gc deputy sheriff hovis who crashed his motor cycle while "highly" intoxicated wed nite is in critical condition and gets a sympathy story in gazette. no mention of arrest, toxicoly etc.; just wished he and his family their thoughts and prayers for his recovery.'ol bard may just be right on a few things. no justice in this world is right.
nobody else

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 12, 2012
What a bunch of losers you guys are must be part of the problem if you know all about it
oldbone

Gastonia, NC

#8 Oct 12, 2012
old stone is up for sale and so is the general store. Ls sold both properties to some other mafia family and then the guy died. Finally the Ls dumped the general store and let it return to its red neck roots but good luck getting 2 mill for Old Bone. That place sux lately too
Where Did You Go R Stowe

Lenoir, NC

#9 Oct 13, 2012
Belmont local wrote:
All the great promises the liquor crowd made- it would " help our schools"...we'd get really nice restaurants... we would prosper...poppycock. The best restaurant in Belmont doesn't even sell booze ( Sake). All booze has brought is brawling, trouble, arrests, litter, DWIs, etc......
These buffoons were warned. Fights, arrests, stabbings, HUNDREDS of complaints, and now a death related to these beer joints. Where are the booze advocates, like Robert Stowe, that were told this would happen.
Orange Jizzz

Gastonia, NC

#10 Oct 13, 2012
oldbone wrote:
old stone is up for sale and so is the general store. Ls sold both properties to some other mafia family and then the guy died. Finally the Ls dumped the general store and let it return to its red neck roots but good luck getting 2 mill for Old Bone. That place sux lately too
Old Stone blows away anything you ever did Caldwell. The Belmont Soda Shop is a joke. Especially with you running it and taking advantage of the poor people who you talked into investing in the piece of crap.
oldbone

Gastonia, NC

#11 Oct 13, 2012
OLD STONED is mediocre at best. and lately it has sucked but the soda shoppe has SUCKED always. nobody in his right mind would "invest" in that dump or 'invest' in anything Caldwell did. definitely an eye sore and a joke agreed. boiled hamburgers now? old stone food is a step above that at least.
Clueless Chicken

Gastonia, NC

#12 Oct 14, 2012
why bring losers like Caldwell into this drama festival. he aint even worth speculating about and can not be taken seriously about being anything but the town joke that he is. he is so far up everyones ass he will do anything he can to shrink their balls. scottie boy you will never be a big dog, so get off the porch and go microwave a hot dog. oh yes, and stop pretending you frequent any businesses downtown because everyone knows you are banned from all of them. no pediphiles allowed
The Observer

Charlotte, NC

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Old Stone is the only place in Belmont with any atmosphere where you can have a nice meal. If you don't feel like going to Charlotte there is no place else. All you haters are just miserable & certainly do not have Belmont's best interests at heart.
F Oldstonia

Charlotte, NC

#14 Oct 15, 2012
The Observer wrote:
Old Stone is the only place in Belmont with any atmosphere where you can have a nice meal. If you don't feel like going to Charlotte there is no place else. All you haters are just miserable & certainly do not have Belmont's best interests at heart.
Old Bone sux, they put out a crappy product. That is why they are failing.
fortherecord

Charlotte, NC

#15 Oct 15, 2012
The Observer wrote:
Old Stone is a decent place because it was one of the Lavecchias first contributions to Belmont. No matter who owns it now the concept was masterminded by Richard and his son. Obviously this family would rather own real estate than businesses but if you ask me they have brought some great businesses and great people to Belmont. I know of noone that dislikes them, except the expired generation of good ol boys and girls who once were 'big deals' in a dead town. Look down Main Street people and you will see what I mean and see who is working for a living.
Haters

Gastonia, NC

#16 Oct 15, 2012
The Observer wrote:
Absolutely agree.
umsteakum

Gastonia, NC

#17 Oct 15, 2012
fortherecord wrote:
<quoted text>Old Stone is a decent place because it was one of the Lavecchias first contributions to Belmont. No matter who owns it now the concept was masterminded by Richard and his son. Obviously this family would rather own real estate than businesses but if you ask me they have brought some great businesses and great people to Belmont. I know of noone that dislikes them, except the expired generation of good ol boys and girls who once were 'big deals' in a dead town. Look down Main Street people and you will see what I mean and see who is working for a living.
i disagree with everything except the last sentence, the rest was self serving jibberish! Yes, Old Stone is the best place to eat in Belmont. To credit that to the L's without mentioning Vince, who worked his Arse off at that place, is a sin.
Domino Effect

Gastonia, NC

#18 Oct 15, 2012
umsteakum wrote:
<quoted text>i disagree with everything except the last sentence, the rest was self serving jibberish! Yes, Old Stone is the best place to eat in Belmont. To credit that to the L's without mentioning Vince, who worked his Arse off at that place, is a sin.
The credit should go to Richard. He was the one paying Vince, who followed him all up and down the east coast and rode on his coat tails for 30 years. Richard's son taught Vincent everything he knew about a restaurant and trained him for 6 months before allowing him to buy into any of the stock. Yes Vincent was a hard worker, but that's it. A worker. And he worked his ass off to support his greedy wife and kids who threw him head first into a lawsuit with Richard while he was already very sick. Shut your hole if you dont know the real story.why do you think the restaurant and the general store are up for sale? Lavecchia dumped them when he realized they were losing propositions and let the greedy yankees take them over.
People on Forum Suck

Gastonia, NC

#19 Oct 15, 2012
Domino Effect wrote:
<quoted text>The credit should go to Richard. He was the one paying Vince, who followed him all up and down the east coast and rode on his coat tails for 30 years. Richard's son taught Vincent everything he knew about a restaurant and trained him for 6 months before allowing him to buy into any of the stock. Yes Vincent was a hard worker, but that's it. A worker. And he worked his ass off to support his greedy wife and kids who threw him head first into a lawsuit with Richard while he was already very sick. Shut your hole if you dont know the real story.why do you think the restaurant and the general store are up for sale? Lavecchia dumped them when he realized they were losing propositions and let the greedy yankees take them over.
I hope this is the same person posting over and over. I would hate to think there really is this many f-up people in this town. Unreal.
afta hrs bar wench

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 16, 2012
umsteakum wrote:
<quoted text>i disagree with everything except the last sentence, the rest was self serving jibberish! Yes, Old Stone is the best place to eat in Belmont. To credit that to the L's without mentioning Vince, who worked his Arse off at that place, is a sin.
vince did work hard at keeping the restrooms stocked with tp and paper towels and expedited his passing by drinking 5-6 vodka on the rocks and doing me. had 2 heart attacks for smoking and drinking too much if that says anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nelliea s building sells to Texas man 3 hr checoinitout 3
gastonia living Fri kennyBop 3
News Incubator move ruffles feathers Jun 22 captain obvious 1
News Will bathroom bill matter for Belmont restaurant Jun 22 needaly 25
News Charlotte nightlife king to open Belmont restau... Jun 22 TEXAS RESIDENT 3
I need a sugar daddy!! Jun 22 Doctor Feel 2
News Belmont council agrees on incentives Jun 16 smelh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belmont Mortgages