Officers involved in shooting resume ...

Officers involved in shooting resume work next week

There are 33 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Officers involved in shooting resume work next week. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Two police officers involved in a controversial shooting at a Belmont home on New Year's Eve will return to work Monday, one after recuperating from gunshot injuries and another after being cleared by the SBI of any wrongdoing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disgusted

Gastonia, NC

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Officers back to work in a week? Submachine gun fires a round in Reflection Pointe home? Innocent girl shot? No suspensions, firings, reprimands, nothing? Seriously? This is just plain scary to think about.
Fleegle

Gastonia, NC

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Officers back to work in a week? Submachine gun fires a round in Reflection Pointe home? Innocent girl shot? No suspensions, firings, reprimands, nothing? Seriously? This is just plain scary to think about.
Innocent girl?

Listen - if people that caused the call would have behaved correctly nothing would have happened. Case closed. Let's get back to work and learn a lesson from this.
limabean

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Fleegle wrote:
<quoted text>Innocent girl?

Listen - if people that caused the call would have behaved correctly nothing would have happened. Case closed. Let's get back to work and learn a lesson from this.
Isn't she innocent? What did she do other than pie her pants when the popo invaded her home cuffed her family and shot her? She will get millions out of this.

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#5 Jan 13, 2013
limabean wrote:
<quoted text>
She will get millions out of this.
For Belmont City taxpayers, this is most unfortunately true.

Does anyone know if the city of Belmont has insurance that covers this sort of thing, or do we have to give up garbage collection for the next 10 years?
Disgusted

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Only 1 of the 2 dirty cops have been cleared of this particular incident...for now.
Joker

Gastonia, NC

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Fleegle wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent girl?
Yes the people who called the police did start this unfortunate incident. No telling what they told the police which made them storm the house. Shame on them, how can they sleep at night.
One Scenario

Concord, NC

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the people who called the police did start this unfortunate incident. No telling what they told the police which made them storm the house. Shame on them, how can they sleep at night.
There should be a 911 tape of that call right? Maybe it goes somthing like some idiot just threw something explosive at my car, sounded like shots fired!
Weary taxpayer

Gastonia, NC

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
HOORAY for the people who called the police on the stupid people who caused this. Throw the book at their sorry rears. HOORAY for the police who took it seriously. Bad things happen in our crazy society. How do you expect them to react? Award them a medal for swift and forceful action to protect the citizens!!!! Let the irresponsible people MOVE if they don't like it here.
Puhlease

Tucker, GA

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Weary taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
HOORAY for the people who called the police on the stupid people who caused this. Throw the book at their sorry rears. HOORAY for the police who took it seriously. Bad things happen in our crazy society. How do you expect them to react? Award them a medal for swift and forceful action to protect the citizens!!!! Let the irresponsible people MOVE if they don't like it here.
Wonder how many HOORAYS you'd be shouting if you were wrongfully shot by the police after they stormed your house?

HOORAY!!! I'm sure you'd be shouting..."oh thank you officer for doing your job so enthusiastically!!!"
Just Wondering

Concord, NC

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Do all the Belmont officers carry submachine guns and are they all properly trained on how to use them?
nobody else

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Weary taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right
Disgusted

Charlotte, NC

#13 Jan 14, 2013
nobody else wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right
We know how you feel already pole dancing hillbilly redneck. You must be one of the few that give the fat pigs a lap dance cuz their too f'in fat to do anything else but misstep day after day after day and get away with it. Their day is coming to join the rest of the 9 plus% rate on unemployment in NC>8

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14 Jan 14, 2013
just wondering ,,

if you mean like military grade m-16s yes some of them do have them in the trunks of there police cars ... most towns in our area have gone to military grade hardware for the police to use .. i don,t know about all of them .. how do i know this .. one of the officers who work at the banks during the week told me they have those guns in their cars .. so yes they are armed heavy and yes they are trained to use them .. if you check , alot of the belmont police force are military veterans so they are trained to use these weapons .. why is everybody giving this girls boy friend a free pass .. hes the fool who started this whole thing and if they get any money it won,t be much .. the lawyers will get the most of it

Boiling Springs, SC

#15 Jan 15, 2013
harleyrider1956 wrote:
just wondering ,,
if you mean like military grade m-16s yes some of them do have them in the trunks of there police cars ... most towns in our area have gone to military grade hardware for the police to use .. i don,t know about all of them .. how do i know this .. one of the officers who work at the banks during the week told me they have those guns in their cars .. so yes they are armed heavy and yes they are trained to use them .. if you check , alot of the belmont police force are military veterans so they are trained to use these weapons .. why is everybody giving this girls boy friend a free pass .. hes the fool who started this whole thing and if they get any money it won,t be much .. the lawyers will get the most of it
Did you see the video of them interviewing the boyfriend?

He looks like a complete loser.

I am surprised they let their daughter date him, let alone drive her car.
aint gonna happen

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Weary taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
get the facts straight and quit speculating you know NOTHING about. the 911 caller called 911 to report a case of road rage period. AND more importantly, that same caller was waiting for these meatheads(poor-lice) OUTSIDE the gate. Simple as that and there will be severe consequences on us taxpayers.
MYOB

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jan 15, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the video of them interviewing the boyfriend?
He looks like a complete loser.
I am surprised they let their daughter date him, let alone drive her car.
And your a catch and look like a winner--NOT.

You know the old adage--never judge a book by its cover.

Again, MYOB loser! They won't be such losers when they win in this lawsuit now will they?!
GET REAL

Brevard, NC

#18 Jan 15, 2013
Puhlease wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how many HOORAYS you'd be shouting if you were wrongfully shot by the police after they stormed your house?
HOORAY!!! I'm sure you'd be shouting..."oh thank you officer for doing your job so enthusiastically!!!"
I believe her showing her ass was part of the reason she got shot. Apparently, those who complied with police commands did not get shot.

Moral of the story: Play stupid games...win stupid prizes!
Really

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 15, 2013
GET REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe her showing her ass was part of the reason she got shot. Apparently, those who complied with police commands did not get shot.
Moral of the story: Play stupid games...win stupid prizes!
Thank you officer dickhead, bully, corrupt SOB.

The moral of this story_____stay off topix while on duty in a parking lot.

Boiling Springs, SC

#20 Jan 15, 2013
MYOB wrote:
<quoted text>
And your a catch and look like a winner--NOT.
You know the old adage--never judge a book by its cover.
Again, MYOB loser! They won't be such losers when they win in this lawsuit now will they?!
These types of posts always make laugh.

Its the very purpose of internet message boards to discuss this kind of stuff, and yet there is always someone saying MYOB, or if you don't like it then leave.

The only thing better is when they get on here and call us a bunch of time wasting losers.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Jan 15, 2013
like i said in my last post .. i don,t think these people are going to get much if anything .. if they do get something , the lawyers will get about 75% of it .. they always do , thats why people hate lawyers so much .. and now that the SBI has cleared atleast one of the officers , if the other one is cleared ,, its game over . and nothing will happen as far as a getting sued goes .. and someone said on another post that the police couldn,t come on your properity without a warrant ... oh yes they can ,, ever heard of probable cause ,, that one law gives them the right to go anywhere on your properity and there is nothing you can do about it .. talk to a lawyer ,, they,ll tell you the same thing .. probable cause gives them that right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Threat of closures looms over Bi-Lo stores in G... 19 min longtimebilo 2
News The noise happened sometime Sunday around 7 p.m... 9 hr updated 2
First Baptist Church Feb 18 CNC 1
sex in gastonia (Sep '13) Feb 18 Sydney 24
News Three apply for vacant school board seat Feb 17 Exotica 1
Southpoint Grill @ Jims Grocery (Mar '11) Feb 14 Exotica 17
Walk Run Shoes (Apr '13) Feb 5 WalkandRunBelmont 34

Belmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance