Community prays for girl injured on swing set

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A young girl remains in the hospital in critical condition, as family and friends join one another in prayer.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated May 5, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kelly grand rapids

Caseville, MI

#25 Apr 27, 2008
This is not the time or place to be arguing about if God exists. There are tons of sites and chatrooms and blogs to argue on. These comments are for the family and the story. Whether or not you pray, you can at least offer your condolences. Find another site to preach or discuss your topics.

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

Since: Mar 08

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

#27 Apr 27, 2008
kelly, in case you are new here, most discussions lead to other discussions...I think, at least I hope the family knows that people are Praying for their little girl and them...do people really need to come here and read, the words, "I am Praying..." posted 87 million times?

Since: Feb 08

United States

#28 Apr 27, 2008
Wow, I didnt think she would be that bad of. I feel for the family, I have a 6 yr old & what is kinds weird is that I will be celebrating 1 yr of marriage next month..but anyhow...my girlfriend took CPR classes every yr, but when it came down to her son being hurt she froze. She couldnt move & we had to move her out of the way when helped arrived. You can "judge" people all you want, but PLEASE keep it to yourself. You werent there & you dont know anything about the family! And for "MR SCOTT". We are not bible thumpers, we are believers!!! If you cannot believe in our Lord then you believe in nothing & I will feel sorry for you when final judgement comes for you!
A Friend

Plymouth, MI

#29 Apr 27, 2008
To Just me, the mom did do CPR as soon as she got to her.

To Scott, you are in for one really big surprise after you die. Wish I could see your reaction, but I will not be there.

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

Since: Mar 08

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

#30 Apr 27, 2008
While some may not believe Scott's belief's to be accurate, no one "Knows" that they aren't...I do think he could be a little "warmer" in his teachings, perhaps we could respect his beliefs a little better?
mom too

United States

#31 Apr 27, 2008
Scott GOD LOVES YOU!
For all of us Bible thumpers...[got to love that name], we have a challenge before us. Pray for God to be revealed into Scott's life. God has a mission field for Scott.
Father God we lift up Scott before you, for his heart to receive the love that you have for him. Please Lord let him receive LOVE. Amen
Terry

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Apr 27, 2008
I have really had enough of people who are blaming the mom and especially the Cascade/Forest Hills parenting nonsense. That part sounds like a little bitterness and jealousy might be present. If you don't think this mom is blaming herself already, then you are mistaken. It was a plain accident. I have four kids of my own and when I think of some of the close calls they have had, it's really scary. So be very careful in your pious judgments, because, as they say, "There but for the grace of God...." I only hope when your families face tragedies (and we all will at some point) you are not judged by the same standard you are judging this family.
michael g

Madison, WI

#33 Apr 27, 2008
rval2 wrote:
While some may not believe Scott's belief's to be accurate, no one "Knows" that they aren't...I do think he could be a little "warmer" in his teachings, perhaps we could respect his beliefs a little better?
It hardly seemed that Scott was respecting the beliefs of the bible thumpers.
Jonbob

Wayland, MI

#34 Apr 27, 2008
Why shouldn't God's will include death and pain? We see only what's right in front of us, and sure, sometimes life seems unfair. God sees the big picture. And in the end, it's not all about us. They call Him "God" for a reason. We're here to please Him, not the other way around.

I get rather sick of the "It's a cruel, cruel world, and therefore God cannot exist" argument.

We'll all know the truth in the end.
Julie J

United States

#36 Apr 28, 2008
a rational outlook wrote:
Parent, please, please, please learn CPR. It's a 3 hour class at the Red Cross. I made my mother and husband take it while I was pregnant. I renew mine every year through work. Every babysitter I used had to know it too. They can live with a broken arm, but not if they're not breathing.
Just so you know, Erika, the mother of Hannah administered CPR as soon as ahe got Hannah down. I completely agree, a friend of the Hower family
grmomma

Dearborn, MI

#37 Apr 29, 2008
Terry wrote:
I have really had enough of people who are blaming the mom and especially the Cascade/Forest Hills parenting nonsense. That part sounds like a little bitterness and jealousy might be present. If you don't think this mom is blaming herself already, then you are mistaken. It was a plain accident. I have four kids of my own and when I think of some of the close calls they have had, it's really scary. So be very careful in your pious judgments, because, as they say, "There but for the grace of God...." I only hope when your families face tragedies (and we all will at some point) you are not judged by the same standard you are judging this family.
Thank you for this.. I agree completely. I was on the forum last week when the story first came out, and I could not believe how cold, and cruel people can be sometimes to such a sensative subject as this is.I have 2 children of my own, and just can't imagine what this family must be going through..My heart hurts for all of them. Anything can happen, at anytime, to ANY of us, and change our lives forever!! I've held a very heavy heart this past week, and held my kids a little closer..My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Hannah and her whole family !!!
Mom

Ann Arbor, MI

#38 Apr 29, 2008
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
What's done is done. Would it have been helpful if the mom did cpr? Who knows. I'm an EMT, so I know all kinds of life saving skills. But will I be able to do them on my own child? So who's to say she doesn't know cpr. Who knows how they will be able to react when it is your child. I hope I'll never be put to that test. That family is feeling utterly helpless right now because ALL they can do is pray and ask for prayers. The rest is in the health care professionals hands.
The last thing the family needs is to see a post where someone is blaming them for not preforming cpr. I'm positive the family is already blaming themselves. None of us where on the scene. We have no idea what the mother tried to do, or did.
If the family wants prayers, I will pray for them.
The Mother DID know and use CPR! Another reminder that media isn't always offering every detail to every story.
Amy in Ada

Fraser, MI

#39 May 5, 2008
What is the status of little Hannah? Anyone?
Trish

United States

#40 May 5, 2008
Amy in Ada wrote:
What is the status of little Hannah? Anyone?
I was wondering her progress also..no change on 14 forum either????its later maybe in the morning..praying for them all...
Trish

United States

#41 May 5, 2008
oops channel 13 forum

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 4 hr kookierecluse 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 4 hr kookierecluse 936
Meet The Press 7 hr Go Blue Forever 3
why war with isis? Fri Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Fri Colonel Sanders 9
Waffen SS First Dutch Volunteer 1941 Speech-Mus... Fri Roger Plafkin 1
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Aug 28 Phil 1
•••
•••
•••

Belmont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Belmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE