Unemployed people talk about disappoi...

Unemployed people talk about disappointment after Congress fails to...

There are 17 comments on the MLive.com story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Unemployed people talk about disappointment after Congress fails to.... In it, MLive.com reports that:

News that a federal unemployment extension stalled in the Senate was met with shock and disappointment Friday by out-of-work people who stopped by the Michigan unemployment office on Plainfield Avenue NE.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Michigan

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Then deport the illegals. Jobs will open up! Find out why Hilda Solis is promising to assist employed illegal alien border jumpers.
Bill C

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2010
ask BO for one of the 4 million green jobs he promised!!
mryheny125

Tupelo, MS

#3 Jul 30, 2010
My unemployment ran out in May an like neveryone else i was praying for extension since there mind you, he said there are no jobs so i ask him what am i suppose to do , die i get 600.00 a month from social security, i had bout a car i did not know this was comming i have less than 200.00 to live on, i have no home any more, we need some funds to open a place for people like us who are homeless and we are on a very fixed income, anybody got any ideas?
mryheny125

Tupelo, MS

#4 Jul 30, 2010
there is no hope for me not even a tier 5 so nin can go ahead with nothing and know there is nothing comming. in see how the real world is, if you don\t have money you might as well lay down somwewhere, the only place you would get into would be a nursing home, is that what it has come t? APPARENTLY IT IS, YES DEPORT ALL THE IMMIGRANTION, TURN IN EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO IS ON DISABILITY AND WORKING FOR CASH, TURN IN ALL EMPLOYERS BREAKING THE LAW AND THERE ARE PLENTY TURN EVERONE THAT IS WORKING ILLEGAL OR DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL AND PUT THEM IN THE SAME BOAT WITH US AND LET THEM SEE HOW IT FEELS TO TURN THE TABLES.

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Jul 30, 2010
Trying to get the verified but it was mentioned on two talk radio shows I was listening while headed out to support a local, family run farm staffed by all local kids, that four Obama staffers have drafted a memo showing how basically illegals can get amnesty without Obama having to present anything to anybody. It was supposedly leaked out through AP last night but I have bot been able to find anything. Was I hearing things?
Jack Assimov

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 30, 2010
Maybe we should request Foreign Aid from another country.
Conflict of Corruption

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 30, 2010
Biker Mom wrote:
Trying to get the verified but it was mentioned on two talk radio shows I was listening while headed out to support a local, family run farm staffed by all local kids, that four Obama staffers have drafted a memo showing how basically illegals can get amnesty without Obama having to present anything to anybody. It was supposedly leaked out through AP last night but I have bot been able to find anything. Was I hearing things?
Agency Weighs Skirting Congress On Immigration
Administration Wants To Allow Illegals To Stay In US
JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer

POSTED: Friday, July 30, 2010
UPDATED: 3:44 pm EDT July 30, 2010
Illegal Immigrants
Omar Torres, AFP/Getty Images
Mexican immigrants carrying bottles of water attempt to cross the Mexico-U.S. border illegally from Sasabe, in the state of Sonora into the Arizona desert in the United States, April 2006.
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to allow undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States, according to an agency memo.
http://www.clickorlando.com/politics/24454178...

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#8 Jul 30, 2010
Conflict of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Agency Weighs Skirting Congress On Immigration
Administration Wants To Allow Illegals To Stay In US
JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer
POSTED: Friday, July 30, 2010
UPDATED: 3:44 pm EDT July 30, 2010
Illegal Immigrants
Omar Torres, AFP/Getty Images
Mexican immigrants carrying bottles of water attempt to cross the Mexico-U.S. border illegally from Sasabe, in the state of Sonora into the Arizona desert in the United States, April 2006.
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to allow undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States, according to an agency memo.
http://www.clickorlando.com/politics/24454178...
THANK YOU!!! I have to forward this. Glad mommy brain is not failing that badly yet!
Jefferson Darcy

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Jul 31, 2010
Do you think it's hard to find a job these days?
How long have you been out of work?
The Obama administration is ready to legalize 12-20 million illegals and
give them work permits. Do you know what is means?
You thought that maybe you can find a job for $10-14 / hour.. huh?
Not anymore ! Those legalized illegals will take that job for minimum wage.

Jobs for American Workers, NOT Illegal Aliens !
Push your state rep to make a change.
www.numbersusa.com

Once you are registered, go to the "action buffet" to send FREE faxes now.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
Forward this to everyone you know.
Don't let them ruin your state like they've ruined Arizona.
Dick Patt the Diplomat

Norfolk, VA

#10 Sep 16, 2010
Jack Assimov wrote:
Maybe we should request Foreign Aid from another country.
America is already is already getting foreign aid "Jack Assimov"...and that is from foreign investors!!!
Native American Guy

Newark, NJ

#11 Sep 16, 2010
Michigan wrote:
Then deport the illegals. Jobs will open up! Find out why Hilda Solis is promising to assist employed illegal alien border jumpers.
Great, we can start with you.
Native American Guy

Newark, NJ

#12 Sep 16, 2010
Jefferson Darcy wrote:
Do you think it's hard to find a job these days?
How long have you been out of work?
The Obama administration is ready to legalize 12-20 million illegals and
give them work permits. Do you know what is means?
You thought that maybe you can find a job for $10-14 / hour.. huh?
Not anymore ! Those legalized illegals will take that job for minimum wage.
Jobs for American Workers, NOT Illegal Aliens !
Push your state rep to make a change.
www.numbersusa.com
Once you are registered, go to the "action buffet" to send FREE faxes now.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
Forward this to everyone you know.
Don't let them ruin your state like they've ruined Arizona.
Sounds like another white nationalist hate website.
Native American Guy

Newark, NJ

#13 Sep 16, 2010
mryheny125 wrote:
My unemployment ran out in May an like neveryone else i was praying for extension since there mind you, he said there are no jobs so i ask him what am i suppose to do , die i get 600.00 a month from social security, i had bout a car i did not know this was comming i have less than 200.00 to live on, i have no home any more, we need some funds to open a place for people like us who are homeless and we are on a very fixed income, anybody got any ideas?
But you have an INTERNET connection and phone line.

You don't have to lie to kick it.
Protectionist

Jenks, OK

#14 Sep 17, 2010
mryheny125 wrote:
you might pray that every republican that killed the bill will just die
dorothy thomas

Broad Run, VA

#15 Sep 20, 2010
no tier v for 99ers, no votes. see how easy that is.
Tony

Tampa, FL

#16 Sep 20, 2010
dorothy thomas wrote:
no tier v for 99ers, no votes. see how easy that is.
the arrogant MOFO's that have been sitting around in washington for the past 20 - 40 years developing their Royalty Caste lifestyle do not care about the condition of Americans, the economy or votes.....
they have come to believe that raising enough money for elections is all they need and screw the people.

Never go into a fight with a member of the House or the Senate......they will run off a let you get your azz kicked.

Americans no longer look out for Americans
Dog Bite

Douglassville, PA

#17 Sep 20, 2010
I lost my job as a electrician back in 2007 after 18 years in the trade and havn't been able to find any work.Construction is dead in pennsylvania.Over half the folks I know are out of work. I see houses up and down my street for sale and people moving away. I can't remember a time in this country in my 41 years that thing looked so bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr tom wingo 2,350
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr janjanster 1,011
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jul 31 Jake 2,399
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Jul 27 Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belmont Mortgages