Belmar Mayor Says 'Sorry' For S.I. Insults

Jul 18, 2008 Read more: WNBC New York 6
Belmar's mayor said he's sorry for disparaging comments that he made in the town's July 4 newsletter. Read more
Dcarrie1007

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jul 18, 2008
Holy Christ on the stick, does anyone have a sense of humor anymore. Do people really need to get their panties in a twist each and every time something so silly is said? Personally speaking, let the Jersey Shores stay NY free, they are overcrowded as it is.
Carrie

Farmingdale, NJ

#2 Jul 18, 2008
Speaking as someone who has to take care of these people after they've been injured (or have injured themselves) or drank themselves comatose, I have to say that the Mayor of Belmar is dead-on correct.
bob

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Carrie wrote:
Speaking as someone who has to take care of these people after they've been injured (or have injured themselves) or drank themselves comatose, I have to say that the Mayor of Belmar is dead-on correct.
Hey all, Im a resident of S.I. who was raised in J.C. and bayonne too (yes im a benny). But the mayor was absolutley correct. These big-mouth guidos should here the truth. I like living in S.I. but as a cop here i had my fair share of run-ins. They are lo-class trouble makers who change the tough guy act fast when a 6'4 pollack from the Montgomery projects in jersey city challenges them. Belive me. So bellmar people, remember. When a guido talks s***, just step over to them stare,give a smile and the ol' fashion jersey four knuckle happy tap to their greasball face. Just dont mess da' hair..Yoo..!
Paul

Belmar, NJ

#4 Jul 28, 2008
The mayors intelligence is receding as fast as his hairline.What an ass-hole.Why don't he comment on the actions of all the drunks urinating in the streets during St.Paddy's day.
What a jerk.
Emily Mascarenhas

Newark, NJ

#5 Jul 29, 2008
The Mayor is correct.

Those lo-class,racist trouble making MFs from Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens are the sons and daughters of NYPD officers.

They are almost as bad their lo-class,uneducated trouble making parents.
Sal

AOL

#6 Jul 30, 2008
Mayor Pringle needs to be wise when making a comment. He should have used better judgement. he though he would be funny. Well I am not laughing. Mayor Bloomberg of NY would have never made a commment like that cause he is more intelligent than Pringle. If you don't like Staten Island then keep your comments to yourself. I have nothing against NJ but since some of you agree with Pringle then lets just say That some jersey people need to be better educated like pringle. So Pringle will raise his kids to hate Staten Island. Very Good Mayor Pringle. teach your children well. Your apology is not accepted cause the damage has been done and Mayor pringle has already caused problems between Staten Island and jersey residents. be proud of Pringle NJ. But NJ must love Staten Island. How many jersey automoblies I see come to Gateway Park in Staten Island. Like I said, be proud of Mayor Pringle. He is real role model for all to look up to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ar 9 hr john 1
ShopRite to open in Howell in April Mar 25 dloring 1
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Mar 22 Sparrow 146
city council Feb '15 mlb118 1
News Matthew Casper, 23, Asbury Park, charged with s... (Mar '14) Feb '15 bl0nde 8
Debate: Marijuana - Asbury Park, NJ (Aug '10) Feb '15 Jackk 18
Review: Perfect Touch Auto Restoration (Sep '08) Jan '15 CMBT MEDIC 151
More from around the web

Belmar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]