Proposed Bill To Ban Smoking At NJ Beaches and Parks

Sep 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CW11 New York WPIX-TV

A new bill could prohibit New Jersey smokers from lighting up both indoors and in some outdoor locations.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“~ Reality IS Perception ~”

Since: Aug 07

Rockaway!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

That is: "sympathize"....geez ....sorry about that ;-)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

BleuJei wrote:
That is: "sympathize"....geez ....sorry about that ;-)
You better be sorry. If it wasn't for that misspelled word I would have agreed with everything that you posted But, now......I can barely bring myself to look at it.

Rockaway!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You better be sorry. If it wasn't for that misspelled word I would have agreed with everything that you posted But, now......I can barely bring myself to look at it.
Oh...simmer down there, pot roast! ;-)
mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Judged:

BleuJei wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO reason people can not, in an adult-like manner, reach a mutual compromise.
Actually, the whole problem comes from the fact that smokers have had EVERYPLACE for a very long time.

Currently, small islands are springing up where smokers are not permitted to indulge. Not that they are not permitted, but that they may not indulge while there. The vast majority of the country is still in "too bad if you don't want my smoke in your face" mode.

In order to arrive at any of these islands, it is usually necessary to navigate through clouds of smoke from smokers indignantly being "outdoors". If you have to walk for any distance, chances are you will run into several clouds appearing and moving randomly.

Get a good lungful before you get there and hold it till you are safe inside and beyond the stench that comes in every time the door opens. God forbid you should show any sign of distaste for having to go through this, because the smokers will shrill about being regarded as second-class citizens and try to start an argument so you'll have to stand there in their smoke just to tell them you don't want to stand there in their smoke.
It's degrading, you know?

Rockaway!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

mazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the whole problem comes from the fact that smokers have had EVERYPLACE for a very long time.
Currently, small islands are springing up where smokers are not permitted to indulge. Not that they are not permitted, but that they may not indulge while there. The vast majority of the country is still in "too bad if you don't want my smoke in your face" mode.
In order to arrive at any of these islands, it is usually necessary to navigate through clouds of smoke from smokers indignantly being "outdoors". If you have to walk for any distance, chances are you will run into several clouds appearing and moving randomly.
Get a good lungful before you get there and hold it till you are safe inside and beyond the stench that comes in every time the door opens. God forbid you should show any sign of distaste for having to go through this, because the smokers will shrill about being regarded as second-class citizens and try to start an argument so you'll have to stand there in their smoke just to tell them you don't want to stand there in their smoke.
That was THEN. In the years PRIOR to the ANTIsmoking crusade whining and nagging their Nanny to step in, places were becoming nonsmoking on their own. Go figure, hmmm? It just wasn't good enough for you folks. You had to go and skip the GREY area, straight to EXTREME HYPEROBOLIC HYSTERIA levels.

Tsk, tsk.
Freedom

Niles, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

mazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us see...first you force your will on everyone in your path by kicking them outdoors when graced by your self righteous presense on land that is in no way yours...and then you complain when those who you seek to oppress are in the great outdoors.

You do know you have control issues...right?

Tell us oh self righteous one...what kind of person demands all places cater to them?

Why not do the right thing and simply use your right to freedom of association by going where there are others who are like minded?

If you simply used this right..tobacco smoke would be the least of your worries.

Oh...that's right...self righteous moral busybodies are never happy with places of their own...so history repeats itself once again.
mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Inability to face threats to the convenience of a future fix wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us see...first you force your will on everyone in your path by kicking them outdoors when graced by your self righteous presense on land that is in no way yours
Libel.
Hopeless nicotine dependence wrote:
Why not do the right thing and simply use your right to freedom of association by going where there are others who are like minded?
Excuse me, but for this to be even remotely relevant, there would first have to BE places where smokers would not obtrude their miasma.

This also assumes an ability to get from one to another without being subjected to said miasma along the way. Ain't happening yet, because you poor, besieged bastions of--well, petulance and addiction still control the pathways, in addition to the places where smoking is permitted.
drug dependency wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know you have control issues...right?
No, but hum a few more bars and maybe I can pick it up. This you keep yammering about when smokers insist on the right to prevent me from walking down a sidewalk without breathing tobacco smoke? When I can't sit in my own living room without the continual stench of tobacco smoke because my neighbors are exercising their "right" to control that part of my life by smoking in the building?
Complete subordination to portable leaf fires wrote:
<quoted text>so history repeats itself once again.
Yes, it does, if you call the pathetic rote-driven efforts at disparagement you post historic.
Willie Makeit

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Judged:

You either live very close to yor neighbors or you're just overly melo dramatic. my guess is the latter. I wonder how many "odors" from your house they can complain about.

Your worried about walking down the sidewalk (bet you have'nt done that in years) and smelling someones smoke, but not worried about all the car and truck exhaust you breath in that is 1000 times more dangerous then smoke. You're prioritys are a bit out of wack.

Why dont you just worry about you're own health and you're own kids, and let others do the same.
Here's a fact for ya! Stressing so much about what others are doing can kill ya faster then SHS. Why dont you write to you're congressmen and tell them all the laws you would like to see them pass. I am sure they would be more then happy to hear from you.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

BleuJei wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...simmer down there, pot roast! ;-)
pot roast?
weirdo.
:P
mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Willie Makeit wrote:
You either live very close to yor neighbors
Apartment dwelling does that.
Willie Makeit wrote:
I wonder how many "odors" from your house they can complain about.
None that have been ranked as the #3 cause of death in the country, as far as I know.
Willie Makeit wrote:
Your worried about walking down the sidewalk (bet you have'nt done that in years)
Not in the last hour and a half, at least.
Willie Makeit wrote:
and smelling someones smoke, but not worried about all the car and truck exhaust you breath in that is 1000 times more dangerous then smoke.
First, you presume to know quite a little about how I think, and you are fantasizing. Not good for rational conversation.

Second, this is a SMOKING forum. Why would I be pushing off-topic concerns on people who came here to address SMOKING issues?
Willie Makeit wrote:
Here's a fact for ya! Stressing so much about what others are doing can kill ya faster then SHS.
AT LAST!! I wondered ho long it would take for one of you knuckledraggers to admit that SHS kills!!!

I'm so excited, I think I'll forget the rest of your post.
mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Look, folks,

The HUGE majority of the population doesn't smoke.

Smoking is, all things considered, frivolous.

Smoking causes damage to people and things other than the smoker.

Smoking generates ubiquitous bits of toxic trash.

Smoking creates randomly generated and randomly moving clouds of toxic fumes.

There are plenty of alternative methods of dealing with the cravings/withdrawals.

Seeing smoking everywhere makes it seem "normal" to carry around portable toxic leaf fires to breathe through, making it easier for the companies to recruit impressionable youth as well as triggering self-destructive behavior in those already addicted.

SO WHY IS IT that we are having so much trouble over setting aside places where smoking is NOT allowed?

NONSMOKING should be the DEFAULT. We should be haggling over where smoking MIGHT be permitted.

Rockaway!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>pot roast?
weirdo.
:P
Heheheh....Good morning to you ;-)
uncle albrert

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

mazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Apartment dwelling does that.
<quoted text>
None that have been ranked as the #3 cause of death in the country, as far as I know.
<quoted text>
Not in the last hour and a half, at least.
<quoted text>
First, you presume to know quite a little about how I think, and you are fantasizing. Not good for rational conversation.
Second, this is a SMOKING forum. Why would I be pushing off-topic concerns on people who came here to address SMOKING issues?
<quoted text>
AT LAST!! I wondered ho long it would take for one of you knuckledraggers to admit that SHS kills!!!
Wow-Classic
mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

uncle albrert wrote:
<quoted text> Wow-Classic
Why, thank you.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Willie Makeit wrote:
Here's a fact for ya! Stressing so much about what others are doing can kill ya faster then SHS.
mazed wrote:

----------
You spin peoples words around more than that last piece of corn that just won't flush.
Mazed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Lil Ticked wrote:
Willie Makeit wrote:
mazed wrote:
----------
You spin peoples words around more than that last piece of corn that just won't flush.
SOMEBODY has to make them seem rational, and you guys certainly don't seem to be up to the task.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Belmar Discussions

Search the Belmar Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Francis Sheer 24
West belmar police raid (Oct '09) Jun 29 Pissed 5
Astronomy Picture of the Day -- Conjunction by ... Jun 26 Crawdaddy 1
Asbury Park Music Thread (Apr '13) Jun 24 Musikologist 6
Bayville Man Arrested In Neptune For Eluding Po... Jun '14 nona 1
Parking/ticketing Jun '14 Karen Raisch 1
Weird NJ: The legend of the Dempsey House in Le... Jun '14 dastraw 2
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Monmouth County was issued at July 14 at 3:54AM EDT

•••
•••

Belmar News Video

•••