Night-time swimmer apparently drowns ...

Night-time swimmer apparently drowns in Belmar

There are 5 comments on the Asbury Park Press story from Aug 18, 2009, titled Night-time swimmer apparently drowns in Belmar. In it, Asbury Park Press reports that:

A man was pronounced dead after he and a second man were pulled from the ocean off the 8th and 10th avenue beaches Monday night, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press.

bystander

Metuchen, NJ

#1 Aug 19, 2009
on monday night me and my family were there when the 2 men were drowing my big sister went inside the water and took out the one of the man she said that the other man was farther away and she thought that as soon as she left the other one at the shore she could rescue the other one but she didn't have time because the other one went down then the police and every one was looking for the other man but they could not find him she got really sad and she thought it was her fault because the wife was crying and so were her 3 kids.
Mavedo

Livingston, NJ

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I think the people wo wrote negative comments about this tragedy ,are very stupid, because they not respecting the family and their pain.
I hope never happen somethig like this to you.
I just want to tell the famiy,I'm sorry about this, and God bless you
My hearfelt condolences
Mavedo

Livingston, NJ

#3 Aug 21, 2009
Mavedo I think the people who wrote negative comments about this tragedy ,are very stupid, because they not respecting the family and their pain.
I hope never happen somethig like this to you.
I just want to tell the famiy,I'm sorry about this, and God bless you
My hearfelt condolences
sadddd

Long Island City, NY

#4 Aug 26, 2009
bystander wrote:
on monday night me and my family were there when the 2 men were drowing my big sister went inside the water and took out the one of the man she said that the other man was farther away and she thought that as soon as she left the other one at the shore she could rescue the other one but she didn't have time because the other one went down then the police and every one was looking for the other man but they could not find him she got really sad and she thought it was her fault because the wife was crying and so were her 3 kids.
Hello to you bystanderd umm i would like to know how far away was the other man & how long did it take for the rescuers or whom ever took him out ?
please respond im really hurt about this tragedy!!
sadddd

Long Island City, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2009
This is to BYSTANDER, hi I am the daughter of Julio Rivas, I am devastated, hurt, destroyed of what happened i dont find the way to believe this. I am not in peace, I cant even sleep, I want to know what really happened cuz i wasnt there. I spoke to him that same day in the afternoon close to the evening. Can you please answer back I would like to meet you talk to you chat whatever I just want to know the truth of what happened. My daddy only has 3 daughters and no one has told me exactly what happened that day. PLease e-mail me at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Nov 21 Anonymous 153
News Ex-yeshiva teacher faces sex assault charges in NJ (May '13) Nov 10 bldg seven 30
News Danny DeVito poses for photos, schmoozes fans i... (Feb '10) Oct '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 8
News Gay organization fighting eviction from Shore a... Sep '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 3
News Motorcyclist hurt after his bike stalls in midd... Sep '16 jmrsch123 1
ebony nicole brown (Sep '11) Aug '16 Winston 4
Review: Natalie Pavone Esg Attorney (May '11) Jul '16 Yougui 3

Belmar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belmar Mortgages