Posted in the Bellwood Forum

FEDS

Elmwood Park, IL

#1 Sep 15, 2010
Deputy chief serving 30-day suspension
Comments

September 10, 2010

By DAVID POLLARD
A high-ranking member of Bellwood's police department is serving a 30-day suspension for what the village has determined as inappropriate conduct.

Deputy Police Chief Richard Blass was suspended without pay for the month of September, according to the village. The reason for the suspension was for "conduct deemed to be detrimental to the Bellwood Police Department."

No specific information was given as to what actually happened to bring about the suspension.

When contacted, Blass had no comment.

He is scheduled to return to work Oct. 1.
patty cakes

Elgin, IL

#2 Sep 17, 2010
What did he do wrong?
The Truth

Skokie, IL

#3 Sep 24, 2010
He pissed someone off, for real.
BP OIL

Des Plaines, IL

#4 Sep 24, 2010
The Truth wrote:
He pissed someone off, for real.
Gasoline
Filthy Rich

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2010
none of your guys business if you all really want to know why don't you go up to the Bellwood PD and ask them yourself or better yet go to Richard Blass himself and ask him. WHICH I DO NOT THINK IS A GOOD IDEA- BUT THEN AGAIN YOU IDIOTS WILL GO AHEAD AND DO THIS. I'M TELLING YOU STAY OUT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FBI PERSONAL BUSINESS....THAT'S THE LAST PERSON YOU ALL WANT TO MESS WITH. ;)
BP OIL

Des Plaines, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Filthy Rich wrote:
none of your guys business if you all really want to know why don't you go up to the Bellwood PD and ask them yourself or better yet go to Richard Blass himself and ask him. WHICH I DO NOT THINK IS A GOOD IDEA- BUT THEN AGAIN YOU IDIOTS WILL GO AHEAD AND DO THIS. I'M TELLING YOU STAY OUT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FBI PERSONAL BUSINESS....THAT'S THE LAST PERSON YOU ALL WANT TO MESS WITH. ;)
How can the FBI have "personal" business. Maybe somebody HAS asked. It's not a big secret ass-wipe. He got whacked for filling up his take home village car with village gas (employees are supposed to pay for there own gas). So stick your threats up your ass!
mikey miguel

Itasca, IL

#7 Sep 24, 2010
So he steal's from the department? What would he due to the average citizen,I know what he has been doing,He sound's like a CONvict.
mikey miguel

Itasca, IL

#8 Sep 24, 2010
I'M TELLING YOU STAY OUT OF CALLING THE PEOPLE IDIOT'S,FOOL.
Norm

Westchester, IL

#9 Aug 10, 2012
He's a stand up guy. If anything it was just a misunderstanding. I'm sure it was common practice for some people to do that. Sort of like a perk of the job.
Disgusted

United States

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Another crappy Bellwood employee ripping oof the people he serves.

This was criminal and he should be fired.
sick of it all

Brookfield, IL

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Why don't you all ask Rich Blass how he still got paid for 2 years after stealing gas from the Village of Bellwood or how he is doing side jobs for Michael Castaldo the village attorney and the fact that the Village of Bell"hood" still pays into his pension costing the Bellwood residents over 30k a year until he reaches the proper age of 50 for retirement purposes. All of those crooks need to be behind bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rate the City of Northlake Police Department (Dec '13) 7 hr BBB 15
No dancing at all to be seen at any nightlife v... (Jun '13) 12 hr Wild Carl 3
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) Thu rico 5
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Wed Stewpider 1,286
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) Dec 24 enticeme2u 879
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago Dec 24 reality is a crutch 1
In memory of Emily Keseg (Oct '09) Dec 24 FRIENDOFEMILLY342 7
Bellwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web