Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17391 Jan 22, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text>why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
I'm a bit confused here. I have stated that we need to buy low to stretch our incomes or do without.
Unlike our 'representatives' we can't spend $$ that we do NOT have.
Glad to clarify.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#17392 Jan 22, 2013
wow
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17394 Jan 22, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what I was doing, demonizing Wal-Mart? Not at all intended. After all, I mentioned that they were keeping up with their competition although without names...Target, Meier, & K-mart to name a few. Heck, IF GM had astute management like P&G, Kroger & these other companies, it is likely that one could still buy a Firebird, Hummer, Saab & or others & the tax payer NOT be on the hook for bailing them out.
Personally my brother & I shop to avoid Mainland China, India, Pakistan & others.
I earn exactly 1/2 of what I earned in 2000 without factoring in inflation so of course I am buying as cheap as I can but without buying from countries with known nasty labor practices. We'll pay more when our standards require it but no more than we have to or we do without when possible.
Nah, I wasn't implying you. It's just that we were on the subject so I brought it up.

One of our customers is a manufacture that sells to Wal-Mart. I understand Wal-Mart is on their azz all the time to get products cheaper. So our customer finds the lowest bidder to do their work. Because they are a large company and nobody wants to lose their business, American companies outbid each other all the time. For a few months, we are delivering to company A to have work done. Then six months later, they switch to another company who brought down their price in effort to get the work back.

It's still Americans working, but the companies who bid on the job have to bid so low that I doubt their employees are getting their yearly raises and good benefits.

I deal with Wal-Mart because I have to. I have no prescription coverage for my diabetic supplies. I use three vials of insulin per month, each vial costing $55.00 or more. Wal-Mart? I can get all three vials for $75.00. It's the exact same insulin, in the exact same vials, made by the exact same company. How do they do it?

It seems to me that Wal-Mart made a dirty deal with the company that produces the insulin. What they did was sell Wal-Mart insulin for less than half the price of what they charge every other pharmacy. To make up for the loss, they charge every other drug store twice what they charge Wal-Mart. Without Wal-Mart, it would probably be like $30.00 or so per vial no matter what drug store you use. But because of this Wal-Mart deal, they overcharge everybody else and undercharge Wal-Mart. People who have prescription coverage don't even inquire about the price. It's paid for so they really don't care. But in reality, they are being ripped off.

I don't like the deal either, but what am I supposed to do? Pay $165.00 every month to get the same insulin I could get at Wal-Mart for $75.00?

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#17395 Jan 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I wasn't implying you. It's just that we were on the subject so I brought it up.
One of our customers is a manufacture that sells to Wal-Mart. I understand Wal-Mart is on their azz all the time to get products cheaper. So our customer finds the lowest bidder to do their work. Because they are a large company and nobody wants to lose their business, American companies outbid each other all the time. For a few months, we are delivering to company A to have work done. Then six months later, they switch to another company who brought down their price in effort to get the work back.
It's still Americans working, but the companies who bid on the job have to bid so low that I doubt their employees are getting their yearly raises and good benefits.
I deal with Wal-Mart because I have to. I have no prescription coverage for my diabetic supplies. I use three vials of insulin per month, each vial costing $55.00 or more. Wal-Mart? I can get all three vials for $75.00. It's the exact same insulin, in the exact same vials, made by the exact same company. How do they do it?
It seems to me that Wal-Mart made a dirty deal with the company that produces the insulin. What they did was sell Wal-Mart insulin for less than half the price of what they charge every other pharmacy. To make up for the loss, they charge every other drug store twice what they charge Wal-Mart. Without Wal-Mart, it would probably be like $30.00 or so per vial no matter what drug store you use. But because of this Wal-Mart deal, they overcharge everybody else and undercharge Wal-Mart. People who have prescription coverage don't even inquire about the price. It's paid for so they really don't care. But in reality, they are being ripped off.
I don't like the deal either, but what am I supposed to do? Pay $165.00 every month to get the same insulin I could get at Wal-Mart for $75.00?
I'd say our capitalistic economic system serves you well. It just saved you $90.00 per month.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17396 Jan 22, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say our capitalistic economic system serves you well. It just saved you $90.00 per month.
Yes I did, and trust me, it helps. That's over $1,000 per year. But I can't help but to feel just a little guilt by fueling the fire.

Prior to me learning about this Wal-Mart deal, I contacted the manufactures about the steep price increases of their product. After all, when it comes to insulin, there are few competitors. Nobody would give me a straight answer. I guess you can't blame them. The internet was no help either. Couldn't find one story on the subject. Some blogs where people were complaining, but that's about it.

What led me to Wal-Mart was a pharmacist who told me Wal-Mart had a "generic" insulin that was much cheaper. I didn't want to mess with generic anything when it comes to that, so I didn't look into it for several months. Now I'm sorry I didn't act sooner.

When I finally broke down, I went to Wal-Mart and questioned the generic insulin. I purchased it and when I brought it home, found out it was not Wal-Mart who made the insulin at all. It was the exact same drug maker. They just put a little on the vial calling in Reliance which is Wal-Mart's generic name for medications.

People who have RX coverage are overpaying for their insulin. That increases the cost to the employer to provide such coverage. You would think something like this would be on the news or something. People (especially Wal-Mart shoppers) should be aware of these under the table dirty dealings.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17397 Jan 22, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say our capitalistic economic system serves you well. It just saved you $90.00 per month.
you mean our Socialistic economic system because if our system was Capitalistic there wouldnt be these entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare which Capitalism rejects.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17398 Jan 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did, and trust me, it helps. That's over $1,000 per year. But I can't help but to feel just a little guilt by fueling the fire.
Prior to me learning about this Wal-Mart deal, I contacted the manufactures about the steep price increases of their product. After all, when it comes to insulin, there are few competitors. Nobody would give me a straight answer. I guess you can't blame them. The internet was no help either. Couldn't find one story on the subject. Some blogs where people were complaining, but that's about it.
What led me to Wal-Mart was a pharmacist who told me Wal-Mart had a "generic" insulin that was much cheaper. I didn't want to mess with generic anything when it comes to that, so I didn't look into it for several months. Now I'm sorry I didn't act sooner.
When I finally broke down, I went to Wal-Mart and questioned the generic insulin. I purchased it and when I brought it home, found out it was not Wal-Mart who made the insulin at all. It was the exact same drug maker. They just put a little on the vial calling in Reliance which is Wal-Mart's generic name for medications.
People who have RX coverage are overpaying for their insulin. That increases the cost to the employer to provide such coverage. You would think something like this would be on the news or something. People (especially Wal-Mart shoppers) should be aware of these under the table dirty dealings.
When I had med insurance it automatically defaulted to 'generics' when available & my policy was not alone in such a practice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17399 Jan 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did, and trust me, it helps. That's over $1,000 per year. But I can't help but to feel just a little guilt by fueling the fire.
Prior to me learning about this Wal-Mart deal, I contacted the manufactures about the steep price increases of their product. After all, when it comes to insulin, there are few competitors. Nobody would give me a straight answer. I guess you can't blame them. The internet was no help either. Couldn't find one story on the subject. Some blogs where people were complaining, but that's about it.
What led me to Wal-Mart was a pharmacist who told me Wal-Mart had a "generic" insulin that was much cheaper. I didn't want to mess with generic anything when it comes to that, so I didn't look into it for several months. Now I'm sorry I didn't act sooner.
When I finally broke down, I went to Wal-Mart and questioned the generic insulin. I purchased it and when I brought it home, found out it was not Wal-Mart who made the insulin at all. It was the exact same drug maker. They just put a little on the vial calling in Reliance which is Wal-Mart's generic name for medications.
People who have RX coverage are overpaying for their insulin. That increases the cost to the employer to provide such coverage. You would think something like this would be on the news or something. People (especially Wal-Mart shoppers) should be aware of these under the table dirty dealings.
what do you think John D. Rockefeller would think of Cleveland today with the direction that US Socialism has taken Cleveland and the rest of the country since J.D. Rockefeller time besides it was the Republicans that implemented the Sherman Anti Trust act that was ultimately used against Rockefeller & the other Capitalist in this Country and still is and last one was Bill Gates.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17400 Jan 22, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>When I had med insurance it automatically defaulted to 'generics' when available & my policy was not alone in such a practice.
alot of them are still that way.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#17402 Jan 22, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> I never knew. nixon used an executive order for that?
"The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_En...
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17403 Jan 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that is we have the highest base rate for corporate taxes in the world. Loopholes were created so that politicians could pick the winners and the losers. I can't tell you how many times I've heard politicians or potential politicians say they were going to close loopholes or simplify the tax system.
But for the sake of discussion, let's say that everybody got together and closed the loopholes and made corporate tax a flat rate. That means most all taxes would increase on corporations. How do you think those corporations would respond? They would just pay more money?
Every action causes a reaction. We've seen it with DumBama's polices his first term and we will see even more during his second. In fact, business leaders are already planning for Commie Care. Many said they will reduce their full time work force because the law doesn't apply to part-time workers, and other say they will outsource work. After all, if you make widgets for a living and sell those widgets for ten bucks a piece, Obama Care would force you to sell those same widgets for $14.00 a piece. If you outsource much of that work, it will still dig into your profit, so you would be able to sell those widgets for $12.00 a piece because outsourcing would be cheaper than getting involved with Commie Care.
and just like the " economic recovery and un employment numbers, we only can lie about that on paper.
U.S. corporate taxes that were actually paid (the effective rate) fell to a 40 year low of 12.1 percent in fiscal year 2011, despite corporate profits rebounding to their pre-Great Recession heights. The U.S. both taxes its corporations less and raises less in revenue from corporate taxes than its foreign competitors: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/30/4...
See in a free market the supply isn't controlled by a few people who decide how the supply is on the market. That's a monoply.
If corporations are people too than they are bad people who had a chance to raise the standard of living for the world. Instead they would like to see the bulk of uor population brought down to chinas standards.
LISA BULEY

Europe

#17404 Jan 23, 2013
YES
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17405 Jan 23, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> and just like the " economic recovery and un employment numbers, we only can lie about that on paper.
U.S. corporate taxes that were actually paid (the effective rate) fell to a 40 year low of 12.1 percent in fiscal year 2011, despite corporate profits rebounding to their pre-Great Recession heights. The U.S. both taxes its corporations less and raises less in revenue from corporate taxes than its foreign competitors: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/30/4...
See in a free market the supply isn't controlled by a few people who decide how the supply is on the market. That's a monoply.
If corporations are people too than they are bad people who had a chance to raise the standard of living for the world. Instead they would like to see the bulk of uor population brought down to chinas standards.
corporations?

can a corporation operate with ZERO employees or OWNER?

since the answer is.....NO

then Corporations are people; and corporations that generate profit and pay taxes are good people.

the reason the treasury take in 2011 was at a 40 year low is because we are in a DEPRESSION you nimrod.

if you want to raise your standard of living..........get busy.

only you can raise your standard of living in a free market. only you.

corporations only purpose in life is to earn profit.

let's just keep it real.

if you want to increase your income, then may I suggest education, networking, skill enhancement, long hours of hard work. I know you will succeed if you follow my advice.

next fall I plan on taking some business classes with my son as a competition between us for grades.

I win both ways. Learn 2013 curriculum myself; and son works super hard to beat me. And it will be fun.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17406 Jan 23, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>When I had med insurance it automatically defaulted to 'generics' when available & my policy was not alone in such a practice.
Yes, generic at the store you shop at. But your insurance company would never dream of sending you to another pharmacy because they had cheaper generic medications. That's the point. Many people with coverage are unaware their insurance company is paying too much. Hell, if I had prescription coverage, I would have never looked into the cost of insulin. What would I care? I pay the same price no matter what it costs. I prefer to shop at my local drug store instead of going into the next suburb to shop at Wal-Mart.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17407 Jan 23, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> and just like the " economic recovery and un employment numbers, we only can lie about that on paper.
U.S. corporate taxes that were actually paid (the effective rate) fell to a 40 year low of 12.1 percent in fiscal year 2011, despite corporate profits rebounding to their pre-Great Recession heights. The U.S. both taxes its corporations less and raises less in revenue from corporate taxes than its foreign competitors: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/30/4...
See in a free market the supply isn't controlled by a few people who decide how the supply is on the market. That's a monoply.
If corporations are people too than they are bad people who had a chance to raise the standard of living for the world. Instead they would like to see the bulk of uor population brought down to chinas standards.
Americans are responsible for that, not corporations. As a truck driver here in the Cleveland area, I've witnessed company after company leave Ohio. Some for southern states to break up the unions and others out of the country altogether to escape unions, taxation and regulations. None of those companies wanted to leave. But because of global competition, they had no choice.

Companies care much less about profit than they do growth. Or to put it another way, let's say you got a hold of a lot of money. Create your own scenario how you came into this wealth. Now you want to do the responsible thing with this money, so you research the market and find two companies that you are considering investments.

Both have conservative growth. One company has a 3.5% growth rate. The other 4.7%. Which company are you going to invest in? Before you answer, consider that the 3.5% growth company grosses 75 million per year, and the 4.7% growth company grosses 5 million a year. Does their gross earnings affect your decision? Of course it doesn't. You are concerned about your money and how it will grow--not the gross dollar amount of the company.

Since you feel that way as an investor with serious money, it's reasonable to assume other investors feel the same way. It's the job of the CEO to have favorable growth in their company so they can attract investors just like you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17408 Jan 23, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
corporations?
can a corporation operate with ZERO employees or OWNER?
since the answer is.....NO
then Corporations are people; and corporations that generate profit and pay taxes are good people.
the reason the treasury take in 2011 was at a 40 year low is because we are in a DEPRESSION you nimrod.
if you want to raise your standard of living..........get busy.
only you can raise your standard of living in a free market. only you.
corporations only purpose in life is to earn profit.
let's just keep it real.
if you want to increase your income, then may I suggest education, networking, skill enhancement, long hours of hard work. I know you will succeed if you follow my advice.
next fall I plan on taking some business classes with my son as a competition between us for grades.
I win both ways. Learn 2013 curriculum myself; and son works super hard to beat me. And it will be fun.
Poor kid.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#17409 Jan 23, 2013
Pops wrote:
I love this thread! It has nothing to do with the original topic of governor but has taken on a life of its own.
Life, topics, threads, opinions and ways to steal Elections are everchanging, Pops.

VA GOP sneak in Redistricting vote



Morning Read: Virginia GOP Sneaks Controversial Redistricting Map Through Senate

NBC4 Washington (blog)- 1 day ago

While one state senator was at inauguration, the Virginia GOP passed a redistricting map that favors Republicans with a 20-19 vote.


Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Republicans sneak through

www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/23/1181333/-Da... ...

7 hours ago ... Of course, why should that be enough for Virginia Republicans when they can have even more majority! Thus came Monday's re-redistricting ...


Virginia GOP Pulls Sneak Attack, Passes Redistricting During

www.nationalmemo.com/virginia-gop-pulls-sneak... ...

20 hours ago ... Virginia GOP Pulls Sneak Attack, Passes Redistricting During ... 1.1 million more votes than Republicans in U.S. House races in 2012, the GOP ...


Virginia gov would really like everyone to stop talking about ...

maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/01/22/1664648... ...

23 hours ago ... Virginia Republicans picked the day when one Democrat was away at ... like everyone to stop talking about GOP's sneak redistricting now ... Video: VirginiaGOP shameless in drive to rig elections in their favor Preview Photo ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#17410 Jan 23, 2013
Quote of the Day.

"If, I were President."

Rand Paul. ;-)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#17411 Jan 23, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what I was doing, demonizing Wal-Mart? Not at all intended. After all, I mentioned that they were keeping up with their competition although without names...Target, Meier, & K-mart to name a few. Heck, IF GM had astute management like P&G, Kroger & these other companies, it is likely that one could still buy a Firebird, Hummer, Saab & or others & the tax payer NOT be on the hook for bailing them out.
Personally my brother & I shop to avoid Mainland China, India, Pakistan & others.
I earn exactly 1/2 of what I earned in 2000 without factoring in inflation so of course I am buying as cheap as I can but without buying from countries with known nasty labor practices. We'll pay more when our standards require it but no more than we have to or we do without when possible.
You are right, Pops. WalMart employees are on Welfare and funded by the Tax Payers. WalMart getting Fatter in the Process.

PolitiFact | Alan Grayson says more Walmart employees on ...

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2... ...

Dec 6, 2012 ... Leave it to Alan "Congressman with Guts" Grayson to get a security escort from Walmart on Thanksgiving. Grayson, who returns to Congress ...


Hidden Taxpayer Costs | Good Jobs First

www.goodjobsfirst.org/corporate-subsidy-watch...

Leading the Medicaid list was Wal-Mart with 12,300 employees or their dependents enrolled in the program. Wal-Mart also accounted for 1,375 employee ...


Healthcare Making Change at Walmart

makingchangeatwalmart.org/healthcare/

Missouri: In early 2011, Walmart led all employers with 10,028 employees and their dependents enrolled in Missouri's Medicaid program, known as MO ...



Walmart's New Health Care Policy Shifts Burden To Medicaid ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/walmart-hea... ...

Dec 1, 2012 ... Some Walmart workers who are excluded from the company's health care plans are likely to become eligible for Medicaid under the ...


Walmart Pushes Workers onto Medicaid as Obamacare Architect ...

www.accuracy.org/release/walmart-forces-worke... ...

Dec 5, 2012 ... Walmart Pushes Workers onto Medicaid as Obamacare Architect Goes to Big Pharma and the Blogger who Predicted Both. December 5 ...


Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'

www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/10/1141724/-Wa... ...

Oct 10, 2012 ... In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food ...
edwest

Waverly, OH

#17412 Jan 23, 2013
amen prayer in school

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigrants come here to work, area residents say (Apr '06) Dec 17 Rita g 17
Review: Purr-L Harbor Cattery Dec 13 jerryjelly 1
Heroin continues to dominate METRICH region Dec 2 LG Galion 3
hyy Nov 27 sugarbaby amy 1
Mansfield Ohio Cold Case (Mar '14) Nov '14 Brenda 4
Carrie weikel Nov '14 pantieweter 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mansfield, OH (Aug '10) Nov '14 Trevor 51
Bellville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bellville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bellville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bellville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:07 pm PST

NFL12:07PM
Browns' Gilbert on ugly rookie season: 'I messed up'
ESPN12:37 PM
Shaw gets start for Browns; Hoyer ruled out
ESPN 1:15 PM
Browns' Gilbert: 'I brought it upon myself'
NBC Sports 4:00 PM
Justin Gilbert vows to be great after work ethic is questioned
Bleacher Report11:44 PM
Denver Broncos: Why the Run Defense Isn't a Concern