Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28047 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if only you could travel back in time and create an outraged response from the conservatives back then, you would have a valid point. I think you were all too busy holding your Bibles and waving your little flags as our troops got shipped off to make Halliburton a few billion. You know...that free war that accomplished so much and didn't cost tax payers a dime, according to what Tea Baggers are crying about every day with Obama. Let's see. Troops sent off to needlessly die...health care for poor people. So hard to tell which one is worse...right?
There was an outrage response since you dont remember by conservatives and I can see you have selective memory for some reason.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28048 Apr 30, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>There was an outrage response since you dont remember by conservatives and I can see you have selective memory for some reason.
Funny because I was working for Newt Gingrich during that time and only base my opinions directly on the thousands of political calls to Conservatives I screened daily. You would know better than me.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28049 Apr 30, 2014
I can remember the first time I heard one of you rightwing Conservative Christian Republicans that voted for Bush twice tell someone they were going to be a "Libertarian", or they "Don't trust either side". It was deeeeeeeeeeeep into Bush's second term. It was followed by just about every person I heard saying the same thing. They were obviously getting their propaganda from the same source. Then, another amazing thing happened. Without any formal training or expertise in the matter I started hearing those same right wing Conservative Christian Republicans who voted for Bush twice and were now so ashamed of it they started distancing themselves from Bush with talk of Tea Party and Libertarians, suddenly and without any related provocation, start telling people that they didn't believe in climate change. Odd how it was exactly during the time that the Koch Brother oil billionaires were spending millions to refute the science of climate change. You know the Koch Brothers. They directly fund the "I don't trust either side" Tea Party.(Also see rightwing Christian Republicans who are ashamed they voted for Bush twice).

Don't tell me I have a selective memory, my friend. I was behind your camp's front lines during that time and got a VERY clear view of what was really going on behind the curtain.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28050 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if only you could travel back in time and create an outraged response from the conservatives back then, you would have a valid point.
RNC fires phone solicitors
By The Washington Times Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Republican National Committee, hit by a grass-roots donors’ rebellion over President Bush’s immigration policy, has fired all 65 of its telephone solicitors, Ralph Z. Hallow will report Friday in The Washington Times.

Faced with an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions and aging phone-bank equipment that the RNC said would cost too much to update, Anne Hathaway, the committee’s chief of staff, summoned the solicitations staff last week and told them they were out of work, effective immediately, the fired staffers told The Times.

The national committee yesterday confirmed the firings that took place more than a week ago, but denied that the move was motivated by declining donor response to phone solicitations.

“The phone-bank employees were terminated,” RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt wrote by e-mail in response to questions sent by The Times.“This was not an easy decision. The first and primary motivating factor was the state of the phone bank technology, which was outdated and difficult to maintain. The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entire new system to remain viable.”

Fired employees acknowledged that the committee’s phone equipment was outdated, but said a sharp drop-off in donations “probably” hastened the end of the RNC’s in-house phone-bank operation.

“Last year, my solicitations totaled $164,000, and this year the way they were running for the first four months, they would total $100,000 by the end of 2007,” said one fired phone bank solicitor who asked not to be identified.

There has been a sharp decline in contributions from RNC phone solicitations, another fired staffer said, reporting that many former donors flatly refuse to give more money to the national party if Mr. Bush and the Senate Republicans insist on supporting what these angry contributors call “amnesty” for illegal aliens.

“Everyone donor in 50 states we reached has been angry, especially in the last month and a half, and for 99 percent of them immigration is the No. 1 issue,” said the former employee.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/may/...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28051 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. The collapse of the housing market is now Clinton's fault. Good luck selling that one to anyone who was alive during the Bush years.
Yep, it was Clinton's people that put the gears in place ready for motion. Zero down and no credit check was the worst of it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28052 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Factcheck if far from leftist and using a reliable source instead of a propaganda show like Fox News is welcome no matter what your political views might be. One needs to be smarter than what is being spoon fed to Americans from both sides.
If you want to know why us "Liberals" don't trust Fox News...Please, watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bqA8oxY6aaoXX
When has anybody ever challenged FactCheck? And yes, factcheck often stresses the liberal side of things. But factcheck is honest and reliable. They are not Mother Jones or the tax exempt Media Matters, but they do lean left.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28053 Apr 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When has anybody ever challenged FactCheck? And yes, factcheck often stresses the liberal side of things. But factcheck is honest and reliable. They are not Mother Jones or the tax exempt Media Matters, but they do lean left.
Things have gotten so polarized that the center appears leaning to the left for the right and to the right for the left. Would you consider Fox News "honest and reliable"?
Canton

Canton, OH

#28054 Apr 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
RNC fires phone solicitors
By The Washington Times Thursday, May 31, 2007
The Republican National Committee, hit by a grass-roots donors’ rebellion over President Bush’s immigration policy, has fired all 65 of its telephone solicitors, Ralph Z. Hallow will report Friday in The Washington Times.
Faced with an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions and aging phone-bank equipment that the RNC said would cost too much to update, Anne Hathaway, the committee’s chief of staff, summoned the solicitations staff last week and told them they were out of work, effective immediately, the fired staffers told The Times.
The national committee yesterday confirmed the firings that took place more than a week ago, but denied that the move was motivated by declining donor response to phone solicitations.
“The phone-bank employees were terminated,” RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt wrote by e-mail in response to questions sent by The Times.“This was not an easy decision. The first and primary motivating factor was the state of the phone bank technology, which was outdated and difficult to maintain. The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entire new system to remain viable.”
Fired employees acknowledged that the committee’s phone equipment was outdated, but said a sharp drop-off in donations “probably” hastened the end of the RNC’s in-house phone-bank operation.
“Last year, my solicitations totaled $164,000, and this year the way they were running for the first four months, they would total $100,000 by the end of 2007,” said one fired phone bank solicitor who asked not to be identified.
There has been a sharp decline in contributions from RNC phone solicitations, another fired staffer said, reporting that many former donors flatly refuse to give more money to the national party if Mr. Bush and the Senate Republicans insist on supporting what these angry contributors call “amnesty” for illegal aliens.
“Everyone donor in 50 states we reached has been angry, especially in the last month and a half, and for 99 percent of them immigration is the No. 1 issue,” said the former employee.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/may/...
The phone solicitations made millions upon millions and were far stronger than the RNC, as many were just disguised under other names for the same organization. The biggest hit the GOP propaganda goon squad took was Jack Abramoff's little ditty. It had them crazy and more than likely it lines up perfectly with the timeline in your story above.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#28055 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. The collapse of the housing market is now Clinton's fault. Good luck selling that one to anyone who was alive during the Bush years.
it is alive and well on congressional video tape....no selling required.

and under Bush more tape for your viewing pleasure.

where is Barney Frank & Chris Dodd?

The Dems hid them to save face, and save them from jail. Lying under oath is a felony.

Please keep up the great posts Canton......you are fun to play with.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28056 Apr 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But why do you think that the Republicans want to conceal where the money comes from in our political campaigns? How does that benefit the American public?
some Republicans conceal?? So do some Dems, so do some Independents.
It is generally accepted knowledge that concealment is a typical facet of politics, I wouldn't be the least surprised to hear of documentation of Roman Senators concealing backers, so why specify 'Republicans'??
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28057 Apr 30, 2014
to: XXX. Looking at the 'judgements' on our recent posts make me suggest that you & I have some 'fans' in common. I am comfortable with that! lol
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28058 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
The phone solicitations made millions upon millions and were far stronger than the RNC, as many were just disguised under other names for the same organization. The biggest hit the GOP propaganda goon squad took was Jack Abramoff's little ditty. It had them crazy and more than likely it lines up perfectly with the timeline in your story above.
The point here is that Republican constituents take their leaders to task unlike Democrats. If you ever listened to evil right-wing radio, you would know this. Rush, Hannity, Beck, all of them. Bush took a lot of ship from all those commentators and voters alike.

Not to take away anything from DumBama, but he had a great advantage because of all the Republican voters that stayed home during the McCain and Romney elections.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28059 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Things have gotten so polarized that the center appears leaning to the left for the right and to the right for the left. Would you consider Fox News "honest and reliable"?
Most of the time, yes. Show me a network that hasn't made a mistake or perhaps blurted out a little white lie now and then. Remember that Fox News has the largest audience of any cable network. Hell, even George Zimmerman still has a lawsuit against one of those networks for down right lying about his case. Another network supposedly fired a worker for editing his 911 call to make it look like he used race as a factor in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. That was no accident and I don't believe for a minute the network wasn't behind the editing.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28060 Apr 30, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it is alive and well on congressional video tape....no selling required.
and under Bush more tape for your viewing pleasure.
where is Barney Frank & Chris Dodd?
The Dems hid them to save face, and save them from jail. Lying under oath is a felony.
Please keep up the great posts Canton......you are fun to play with.
Yah...uh...Sure Reality Speaks.. We can all see that you are a big boy and just toying with me. Keep telling yourself that...oh and please be sure to flush after each and every one of your posts on here out of common courtesy to the adults on here who are trying to have a conversation.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28061 Apr 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time, yes. Show me a network that hasn't made a mistake or perhaps blurted out a little white lie now and then. Remember that Fox News has the largest audience of any cable network. Hell, even George Zimmerman still has a lawsuit against one of those networks for down right lying about his case. Another network supposedly fired a worker for editing his 911 call to make it look like he used race as a factor in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. That was no accident and I don't believe for a minute the network wasn't behind the editing.
From my point of view, Fox News is purely a propaganda station much like MSNBC. I consider very little coming from either of them as much more than someone spoon feeding someone else what they want to hear for entertainment. Take Bill O and yourself for instance. The only thing is, you are unable to see through it and it's unfortunate because it seems to leave you fighting for an agenda that has never supported working guys like ourselves.
Real Tea Party

Columbia Station, OH

#28062 Apr 30, 2014
I like Kasich. He reads his bible everyday like me.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28064 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
From my point of view, Fox News is purely a propaganda station much like MSNBC. I consider very little coming from either of them as much more than someone spoon feeding someone else what they want to hear for entertainment. Take Bill O and yourself for instance. The only thing is, you are unable to see through it and it's unfortunate because it seems to leave you fighting for an agenda that has never supported working guys like ourselves.
My agenda is letting people support themselves and government stay out of it. As I said repeatedly, the reason we are in the financial mess we are in is because too many people DO support agendas that benefit them instead of agendas that benefit all. Or as Kennedy put it "Ask not what your country can do for your, ask what you can do for your country."

It seems as though liberalism has voided Kennedy's message. Imagine the strength of this country if everybody possible contributed to this country instead of figuring out ways to take from it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28065 Apr 30, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because FACTS lean left, son.
And yet you cannot find any...... boy.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28066 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah...uh...Sure Reality Speaks.. We can all see that you are a big boy and just toying with me. Keep telling yourself that...oh and please be sure to flush after each and every one of your posts on here out of common courtesy to the adults on here who are trying to have a conversation.
Reality is absolutely correct. It is recorded. Here is a video of Democrats not only defending F and F, but objecting to the Republican suggestion that an oversight committee is needed to avoid the housing collapse:

And yes, Fox News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And let's not forget the key player, Andrew Cuomo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28068 Apr 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny because I was working for Newt Gingrich during that time and only base my opinions directly on the thousands of political calls to Conservatives I screened daily. You would know better than me.
You are silly and this claim in your post confirms it and Bruce Bartlett has confirmed it multiple times how conservative were irate with G.W. Bush and Liberal Big Government Spending he signed into law and Democrat Liberals loved it since G.W. Bush was nothing more than a Liberal(RINO) opportunist who abandoned conservative political principles and did just like Nixon which was to buy votes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin continues to dominate METRICH region Nov 18 Seemore Hiney 2
Mansfield Ohio Cold Case (Mar '14) Nov 15 Brenda 4
Carrie weikel Nov 15 pantieweter 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mansfield, OH (Aug '10) Nov 4 Trevor 51
New Route For Mansfield Halloween Parade, Octob... Oct 28 tresten 1
is there any ladys out there interested in sph? Oct '14 wolfnasty1556 1
sherry bailey/ use to case Oct '14 SOMEONEEEE KNOWS 1
Bellville Dating
Find my Match

Bellville People Search