Columbia Gas set to demolish Bellville man's building in pipeline dispute

There are 2 comments on the News Journal story from May 27, 2007, titled Columbia Gas set to demolish Bellville man's building in pipeline dispute . In it, News Journal reports that:

“It had been there for 19 years but Columbia insists on demolishing it now.”

Despite his assertion that he has done everything to comply with safety requirements, a village resident may lose a 2,200-square-foot building on his property to bulldozers sent by Columbia Gas Transmission ... via News Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

Destiny Heinberger

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2007
Brad May be loosing but im going to do something about it i have writen a letter to the head hauncho at Columbia gas becausehe is actuallybreakingthe law!!!!Here is my letter..

Dear Jack Partridge,

Hello my name is Destiny Heinberger I am 13 years old and live at 4815 Hagerman Rd. Bellville, Ohio. I attend school at Clearfork Valley local High School as a soon to be freshman and over the last semester in History class we studied the government , and I have learned a lot about the amendments, most importantly the fist ten.

The reason why I am writing this letter to you is because I have just found out that your company is going to destroy a nineteen year old building owned by Bradley Alley on O‘ Possum Road. This building has seen a lot of things in the last nineteen years and has had probably had at least one hundred classic motorcycles in it owned by Brad Alley or worked on by him and also he runs his cabinet business practically in it . Yes, I know this case has already gone through the court system and all, and his building is scheduled for demolition and he is not going to be given his just compensation for the building and, that there is against the constitution. It violates the fifth amendment and just in cause you don’t know the definition to the fifth amendment here is the definition for you..“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for use, without just compensation.”( http://www.constitution.org/cons/constitu.htm ). So as you can see you are violating Bradley Alley’s rights and the constitution, I do not know if the lawyers or the judge or who ever else was on this case if they over looked this or not but you are violating the constitution and somebody’s rights. And you are doing this over an inactive gas storage well.

I do not think you should even do this it is not hurting anyone sitting there in fact it is helping people because he runs a business through it and it is another place to put his motorcycles. Why do you want to destroy more property of people’s haven’t you already destroyed enough peoples properties?

Sincerely,
Destiny Heinberger

P.S. Do you know the punishment for this crime. What is the real reason for destroying people’s private property? No wonder people are going to all electric homes to avoid all the things that your company is pulling Jack Partridge!!
Tim

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jun 13, 2007
Destiny, looking at the story, the building is 160 foot from the well. In a round about way, from an earlier decision, 250 foot is the minimum distance from the well for ignition sources. Pretty plain cut and dried, and although your reference to the constitution is admirable, the clauses in the contract on the land seem to favor Columbia.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Columbia or Dominion (another utility that delivers natural gas here in Ohio) because their business practices as of late are designed to separate their customers from their money in more and different ways than ever before. Just take the delivery charge on gas, and now because us Ohioans have the choice of what company we want to buy our gas from, we also get to pay sales tax on it too!!!

Every time I think about winter and I read or hear natural gas stories, it makes me want to go get some KY, because each year the penetration is deeper and deeper.

Sad, but it looks like the guy is going to lose the building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mansfield Ohio Cold Case (Mar '14) May 16 lays 7
Ronald Webb May 12 just wondering 2
Looking for Website May 10 Catty 1
News Immigrants come here to work, area residents say (Apr '06) May 10 dumbass radar 20
where you at larry estess May 5 Big Lar 9
News 59th Annual National Day Of Prayer Observed (May '10) Apr 27 Mel Schroeder 2
Time Magazine Documents The Decline and Fall of... Apr '15 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Bellville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]