Meeting about Bellport High violence ...

Meeting about Bellport High violence draws 200

There are 33 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 18, 2008, titled Meeting about Bellport High violence draws 200. In it, Newsday reports that:

More than 200 people gathered for an emotional meeting at Bellport High School yesterday following a spate of violence that began a week ago Sunday when a 17-year-old student was slashed in the face with a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#23 Feb 18, 2008
European -American wrote:
And why is it called Bellort High School anyways?
How about calling it South Country High School
Yes, that will make everything better....
ambulance boy

Coram, NY

#24 Feb 18, 2008
Greg Miglino is going to invoke martial law
European_America n

AOL

#25 Feb 18, 2008
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that will make everything better....
Yes you are correct the name change will not make everything better. It was just a question.

Listen I have been a resident of this area before there was a
South Country School District.
The problems in this school district arise from people that have no sense of normal human behaver!
These anti social behavior problems that exist today never existed years ago and that is a fact.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#26 Feb 19, 2008
European_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are correct the name change will not make everything better. It was just a question.
Listen I have been a resident of this area before there was a
South Country School District.
The problems in this school district arise from people that have no sense of normal human behaver!
These anti social behavior problems that exist today never existed years ago and that is a fact.
You're preaching to the choir my friend. I am a lifelong resident of the area myself. The behavior you talk about was not around MANY years ago, but has been prevalent since at least the early '90s.
European_America n

AOL

#27 Feb 19, 2008
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're preaching to the choir my friend. I am a lifelong resident of the area myself. The behavior you talk about was not around MANY years ago, but has been prevalent since at least the early '90s.
AS I have stated....
The problems in this school district arise from people that have no sense of normal human behavior!
These anti social behavior problems that exist today never existed years ago and that is a fact!!
OR is there something wrong with the way these people are raised?
Anonymous

Huntington, NY

#28 Feb 19, 2008
I graduated in 2002, and there was NEVER a problem like this, back then, I think my senior year there were like 2 fights...its ridiculous, and that guy who got arrested for shoving a cop and the father defending him?? Come on, he shouldnt have shoved the cop, but knowing how people are in Bellport...doesnt surprise me! I cant believe Bellport has gotten this bad! I blame it on the parents because they should be well aware of what their children are doing and where there going and more into their education!! I have a child of my own and I would be damned if they acted this way!!
Anonymous

Huntington, NY

#29 Feb 19, 2008
john rotten wrote:
its all the damn irish,italians, and jews faults. i wish they would stop fighting all the time.
Excuse me? may I ask what race you are?? it doesnt matter there is bad in EVERY RACE black, hispanic, white, japanese!!! its ridiculous!!! You cannot blame it on one specific race...its kids in general
Bella Portay

Huntington, NY

#30 Feb 19, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
Wait until "A Sister" and "Phillip Brame" get here. Always a fun party.
Nah.
"A Sister" will say the perps came over from Gordon Heights........ The kids (i.e. adults) of Bellport would never act this way......not since DOUG reared it's head. I wonder how the Princess Ball was this past weekend? Better yet, I wonder if any of the lawlessness referred to above came about due to the princess ball?
The Kingfish

Pearl River, NY

#32 Feb 19, 2008
Well, I goin' down to the Knights of the Mystic Sea Lodge hall and ask Andy why the folk have only gotten worse in the past 150 years.

Hopefully, he gonna know.
Jimbo Dolan

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Feb 19, 2008
Animals either belong caged or euthanized if they can't control their aggression.
Phillip Brame

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Feb 19, 2008
Well I was there at the 1st Annual D O U G sweetheart dance I can tell you this it was a great success. There was no violence there no drugs no alcohol just a great time with about 150 young PEOPLE from across Long Island. I was proud to be the guest chaparone there. I also want to congradulate the youngman from the Amittyville Chapter who was crowned the King and the young lady from the Bellport Chapter who was crowned Queen. You would have been proud and humbled, I know I was. Sister is on Vacation this week by the way payed vacation she will be back on the 25th of this month, so you will have to contend with me. Although I have a shorter fuse than she does so anything that will put you on the OTHERS list will also get you ignored from me. Anyone who has a good question one that I can answer because of personal knowledge or belief fire away. My life is an open book, remember though it goes both ways.
Bella Portay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
"A Sister" will say the perps came over from Gordon Heights........ The kids (i.e. adults) of Bellport would never act this way......not since DOUG reared it's head. I wonder how the Princess Ball was this past weekend? Better yet, I wonder if any of the lawlessness referred to above came about due to the princess ball?
Sad

United States

#35 Feb 19, 2008
So glad to hear all went well.
Phillip Brame wrote:
Well I was there at the 1st Annual D O U G sweetheart dance I can tell you this it was a great success. There was no violence there no drugs no alcohol just a great time with about 150 young PEOPLE from across Long Island. I was proud to be the guest chaparone there. I also want to congradulate the youngman from the Amittyville Chapter who was crowned the King and the young lady from the Bellport Chapter who was crowned Queen. You would have been proud and humbled, I know I was. Sister is on Vacation this week by the way payed vacation she will be back on the 25th of this month, so you will have to contend with me. Although I have a shorter fuse than she does so anything that will put you on the OTHERS list will also get you ignored from me. Anyone who has a good question one that I can answer because of personal knowledge or belief fire away. My life is an open book, remember though it goes both ways.<quoted text>
Mello

Medford, NY

#36 Nov 14, 2008
only me wrote:
Arnold Garrison Sr. of North Bellport said he felt the police used too much force against the students. His 20-year-old son, Arnold Garrison Jr., was arrested Friday for shoving the officer as he tried to pick up his younger sister, his father said.
"I understand we don't have enough security at the school, but they should get the kids who are fighting, put them in an office and talk to them," Garrison Sr. said.
And therein lies most of the problem.
Garrison--oh, there's a family who produces presidential hopefuls!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fugarino takes his merry band of screechers to ... 13 min Sniff sniff 29
Where is really Bradys 'lie a day' segment? Com... 17 hr Ratdog11951 170
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Thu Carlos 465
Public Safety SCCC Selden Wed This is fun 5
Fence installation Dec 4 11951Ratdog 6
Patchogue Fire Dept Dec 1 John 5
mastic village being dissolved (Apr '16) Nov 30 Busted 288

Bellport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellport Mortgages