First Prev
of 9
Next Last
As Per Osprey Pt

Mastic, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2012
As per Osprey Point Civic Email:
"Dear Friends and neighbors,
"It is with great sadness that I must inform you that Robert DeBona, passed away last night.

Gail and I considered Bob a close friend, someone who was with us at the birth of Osprey Pointe and helped in any way he could over the years. Bob was President of the Mastic Beach Property Owners Association for over eight years and someone who was a tireless champion of all things Mastic Beach...he will be missed.

Frank Cappiello
Osprey Pointe Civic Association"
MBLover1

Port Jefferson, NY

#2 Oct 14, 2012
This is very sad news. I hope not one idiot will make stupid comments on here. This man worked harder than anyone for the community he loved so much.
what a shock

Mastic, NY

#3 Oct 14, 2012
I really liked Bob.Just saw him at the meeting.To all his family and close friends please accept my condolences.Anyone know how old he was?He appeared to be in his early sixties.What a shame.Sorry again.
Bob Vecchio

Medford, NY

#4 Oct 14, 2012
Sad day for our community and my thoughts and prayers are with his family

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#5 Oct 14, 2012
He was truly a great man w an enormous presence. He did countless things for this community expecting nothing in return, except a better community. I grew up next door to him & he was like a 2nd father, always there & ready to show guidance or a helping hand. It is a sad day & he will be greatly missed by many. I'll miss so many things about him, but most if all seeing Popeye take him for a walk each day.:,( My heart & my love goes out to Lynn, Popeye, his children & grand - children in this terribly sad time. <3

Mastic Beach

#6 Oct 14, 2012
MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
He was truly a great man w an enormous presence. He did countless things for this community expecting nothing in return, except a better community. I grew up next door to him & he was like a 2nd father, always there & ready to show guidance or a helping hand. It is a sad day & he will be greatly missed by many. I'll miss so many things about him, but most if all seeing Popeye take him for a walk each day.:,( My heart & my love goes out to Lynn, Popeye, his children & grand - children in this terribly sad time. <3
And an enormous heart.
Beth Wahl

Port Jefferson, NY

#7 Oct 14, 2012
This is horrible news. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. You may not have agreed with some things he did but he fought for what he believed in and that is a great quality.
the truth is out there

White Plains, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2012
what a shock wrote:
I really liked Bob.Just saw him at the meeting.To all his family and close friends please accept my condolences.Anyone know how old he was?He appeared to be in his early sixties.What a shame.Sorry again.
His wisdom of Mastic Beach was ageless, he will be missed.
Not everybody liked him,not every knew him,but those that did know he was a good and smart man.
My condolences to his family,friends and the MBPOA.
God bless you Mr DeBona.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#9 Oct 14, 2012
My sincerest condolences to his family.
Donald DeBona

Cape Coral, FL

#10 Oct 14, 2012
The death of anyone is always hard to hear. I did not know him but our family name is rare so I wonder if we are related. My father was Joe DeBona from Brooklyn.So sad to hear of this
FORMER MBPOA

Bronx, NY

#11 Oct 14, 2012
Donald DeBona wrote:
The death of anyone is always hard to hear. I did not know him but our family name is rare so I wonder if we are related. My father was Joe DeBona from Brooklyn.So sad to hear of this
I know I will get bashed. I know its not nice to speak ill of the dead, but he did get what he deserved. If you really knew this man, you would know how nasty and vile he was. He liked to paint a portrait of himself as a "do gooder" , but we all know of his backroom antics. Now maybe without his negative influences, MB civics and the village can work together. My opinion is he got off light, now go attack me, he spent 10 years doing it...
MBLover1

Port Jefferson, NY

#12 Oct 14, 2012
FORMER MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I will get bashed. I know its not nice to speak ill of the dead, but he did get what he deserved. If you really knew this man, you would know how nasty and vile he was. He liked to paint a portrait of himself as a "do gooder" , but we all know of his backroom antics. Now maybe without his negative influences, MB civics and the village can work together. My opinion is he got off light, now go attack me, he spent 10 years doing it...
I have no idea who you are but I do know that you are an ass.
Beaver Drive

White Plains, NY

#14 Oct 14, 2012
the truth is out there wrote:
<quoted text>His wisdom of Mastic Beach was ageless, he will be missed.
Not everybody liked him,not every knew him,but those that did know he was a good and smart man.
My condolences to his family,friends and the MBPOA.
God bless you Mr DeBona.
Very well said

Mastic Beach

#15 Oct 14, 2012
FORMER MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>EXCUSE ME for speaking the truth... I am not one of those when a slimeball is gone you say " oh he was such a good guy" . He wasn't plain and simple.....You were a sheep....I know that man better then most people. He was far from a good guy...His nickname through out the MBPOA was ScumBoner for a reason.
The truth??? The truth is Bob would've given anyone the shirt off his back, whether you were "friends" or not. He was an advocate for our community & he stood up & tried to make wrongs right. He tried to work w the other so called civic organizations to make our community all the it has the potential to be. It's the so called "Village" that probably had an impact on his passing....their underhanded, harassing tactics that made life almost unbearable to carry on. It took about 4 hours for the first troll to come out from under their bridge....there will always be a few. I tell you right here & right now....crawl back under & let people remember, give condolences & grieve w/o unnecessary, blatant lies. This doesn't come from someone who just met, or didn't know Bob....he's been a friend of my family since my parents brought me home from the hospital through the day of his passing. You & I don't know eachother...hell, maybe we spoke yesterday if you actually got out from behind your keyboard in support of the Village for Fright Fest....I'm not hard to identify w my 2 unique furbabies....if not, come find me @ the St. Jude's fair Dec 1st & say anyone of the things you've claimed on here (w/o proof) to my face & see how tough you are then. I'm sure you're nothing w/o the computer sitting in front of you. Until then....crawl back under your bridge....curl up & maybe what you deserve will finally come for you. Let people grieve I peace & keep your unfounded & heartless comments where they belongs.....locked up w/I your small mind.......

Mastic Beach

#16 Oct 14, 2012
FORMER MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>I know I will get bashed. I know its not nice to speak ill of the dead, but he did get what he deserved. If you really knew this man, you would know how nasty and vile he was. He liked to paint a portrait of himself as a "do gooder" , but we all know of his backroom antics. Now maybe without his negative influences, MB civics and the village can work together. My opinion is he got off light, now go attack me, he spent 10 years doing it...
I second MBLover1....you ARE an ASS....
what a shock

Mastic, NY

#17 Oct 14, 2012
Let the man rest in piece.If you have a negative comment this is not the topic to put it on.Do not turn this into a south park series.Thank you.
Whatthe

Medford, NY

#18 Oct 14, 2012
Way to keep it classy, geez
FORMER MBPOA

Bronx, NY

#19 Oct 14, 2012
MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth??? The truth is Bob would've given anyone the shirt off his back, whether you were "friends" or not. He was an advocate for our community & he stood up & tried to make wrongs right. He tried to work w the other so called civic organizations to make our community all the it has the potential to be. It's the so called "Village" that probably had an impact on his passing....their underhanded, harassing tactics that made life almost unbearable to carry on. It took about 4 hours for the first troll to come out from under their bridge....there will always be a few. I tell you right here & right now....crawl back under & let people remember, give condolences & grieve w/o unnecessary, blatant lies. This doesn't come from someone who just met, or didn't know Bob....he's been a friend of my family since my parents brought me home from the hospital through the day of his passing. You & I don't know eachother...hell, maybe we spoke yesterday if you actually got out from behind your keyboard in support of the Village for Fright Fest....I'm not hard to identify w my 2 unique furbabies....if not, come find me @ the St. Jude's fair Dec 1st & say anyone of the things you've claimed on here (w/o proof) to my face & see how tough you are then. I'm sure you're nothing w/o the computer sitting in front of you. Until then....crawl back under your bridge....curl up & maybe what you deserve will finally come for you. Let people grieve I peace & keep your unfounded & heartless comments where they belongs.....locked up w/I your small mind.......
Lies? I quit his board of directors because he was a thief. I wouldnt not play into the "well this is for the MBPOA and this is for us " meaning monies they collected. Lies? how about Bob saying they had 900 members , but most are non residents that had no rights but paid more to dock their boats. He was scum and I hope he burns in hell. I just wished he lived long enough to be charged with crimes , which was the REAL reason he stepped down...
Whatthe

Medford, NY

#20 Oct 14, 2012
Yup wouldnt know how to travel the high road even with a map

Mastic Beach

#21 Oct 14, 2012
FORMER MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>Lies? I quit his board of directors because he was a thief. I wouldnt not play into the "well this is for the MBPOA and this is for us " meaning monies they collected. Lies? how about Bob saying they had 900 members , but most are non residents that had no rights but paid more to dock their boats. He was scum and I hope he burns in hell. I just wished he lived long enough to be charged with crimes , which was the REAL reason he stepped down...
Keep telling yourself whatever allows you to sleep @ night.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My car was stolen. Need help finding it or the ... 1 hr Evan Politico 3
Best spot to buy drugs and get a hooker SHIRLEY? (Feb '11) 10 hr Evan Politico 27
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 17 hr Jason 492
News Students from William Floyd High School were ho... (Oct '10) Sun Fuji 8
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Sun 11951Ratdog 88
My car was stolen and I'm looking for the carlo... Sun Krystal 1
Evan Politico may save the Village Sat Fufelon 48

Bellport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellport Mortgages